Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 428095 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #210 on: June 06, 2013, 02:35:12 am »

Screw in-field combat training, we could die. I'd rather go workout with some of those too-heavy items. And don't worry Micheal, I have knowledge of how to work out and a good understanding of chemistry.

It sounds like we could become good at magic, so in general strategy for becoming more powerful, I'd follow that road. If anyone asks why we know math but not magic, tell them we were trained as an engineer or architect.

I say once more that we should speak to Caius. We should very quickly assure him that we're in the know but that we're not a threat. Also, see if we can warn him about the Mythic Dawn.

People who I think we should try to speak with eventually:
-Yagrum Bagarn
-Sotha Sil
-Dagoth Ur
-Mi'aq the Liar
-Azura
-The PC/Nerevarine
-Uriel Septim

EDIT: Oh, and let's at least get a walking stick of some kind. Find a fallen branch or something, take one of those poles that seem to be lying around in game but you can't normally do anything with, or even the shaft of a broom, just anything. Best friend to both the inexperienced fighter and the pedestrian traveler, a good walking stick.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 02:39:04 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 06, 2013, 03:37:49 am »

I don't think we should concern ourselves with warning people about the future, the effects aren't predictable.
Let's buy passage through the guild guide to that place on the east coast where you can buy the ingredients for a fortify intelligence potion. Then we simply need to do shit-tons of alchemy to get the money necessary for basic instruction in magic.
Also, I agree with the turning off cell phone thing, I just finished reading this thread from start to finish and it was the first thing I thought of.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 06, 2013, 03:40:58 am »

The Mythic Dawn warning might be a way to gain Caius' trust is all. He is a spymaster, after all. The people I listed are those who I think might believe our story and/or shed light on our situation, or help find a way home.

Let's turn off the phone, indeed. They can update their internal clock when you turn them back on, even in areas without reception, by using a very minute amount of power when turned off.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 06, 2013, 05:22:09 am »

buy the ingredients for a fortify intelligence potion

The only problem with this is we can figure ingredients and their effects are going to be at least somewhat randomized. At least that's what I got from the last post. I could also be explosively mistaken (It's the best kind of mistaken). Before we get the ingredients for the potion we first have to figure out which ingredients they even are.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 06, 2013, 05:43:54 am »

I think the "poison" the alchemist referred to was actually food allergies; aren't eggs and certain kinds of bread really common sources of allergies? In a world without epipens, having your throat closed off from a reaction would lead to swift death.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 06, 2013, 05:57:42 am »

I did pick that up, but I saw them as two separate statements. I somehow didn't piece together that the first may be their understanding and explanation for the second. Hmmmm.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 06, 2013, 10:48:27 am »

>
Screw in-field combat training, we could die. [...]

It sounds like we could become good at magic, so in general strategy for becoming more powerful, I'd follow that road. If anyone asks why we know math but not magic, tell them we were trained as an engineer or architect.

[...]

EDIT: Oh, and let's at least get a walking stick of some kind. Find a fallen branch or something, take one of those poles that seem to be lying around in game but you can't normally do anything with, or even the shaft of a broom, just anything. Best friend to both the inexperienced fighter and the pedestrian traveler, a good walking stick.
Adding vote weight, if it matters.

Get rid of that fecking hat and go chat with Cossades.
I say once more that we should speak to Caius. We should very quickly assure him that we're in the know but that we're not a threat. Also, see if we can warn him about the Mythic Dawn.
The Mythic Dawn warning might be a way to gain Caius' trust is all. He is a spymaster, after all.
We don't have any special command from the emperor for him to take us in; his first reaction might be to kill us for knowing too much. His second reaction would be to send us against his enemies on a suicide-testing mission. Being as we have no idea if we have extra lives, we should take the safe route until we have enough defenses to get out of his door alive should he attack us.

Take note of any future feelings of déjà vu. If it randomly happens again, it was probably the PC loading the game. If that was the case, we remember nothing, and noticed nothing of the transition.
Yes. It's possible we met up with the PPC on that other timeline and things went badly for some reason (our realnesses could be perceived as glitches for one; a player may not have the interface to deal with everything)...unless of course the duration of déjà vu is equivalent to the amount of time lost.

> Start checking those free bins, chest, urns, and barrels whenever you see them; they normally aren't looted, so they're a sign of where the PPC has already searched, and they can give us valuables besides.
Also, doesn't anyone remember were there are hidden treasure from their playthroughs? I remember just looking in the places less traveled gave me enough unguarded stuff to solve all my financial problems.

I don't know if this is something he has to figure out on his own, but I'll keep trying anyway:
> What makes a memory false? Why is it those memories "aren't really yours" just because you haven't had them very long? You are still determined by your memories. Just because those events aren't real so far as this universe is concerned doesn't mean they aren't real to you.
If Vivec hadn't told you, you could have spent you're entire time here in blissful ignorance...but what about the change keeps it from being blissful knowledge as well? Is it because you could have so easily missed such a large thing?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 06, 2013, 10:50:26 am »

Go to Cossades, tell him about the Mythic Dawn.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 06, 2013, 11:01:37 am »

Wait, he's pretty high in the Blades hierarchy, right? What if we talked to him about how the Blades were Akaviri Dragon Hunters first. We can move onto the Mythic Dawn, the prophesied deaths of two Emperors and the whole CHIM thing afterwards.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 06, 2013, 11:12:14 am »

Adding vote weight, if it matters.

Yes, the more people who agree with a course of action, the more likely it is to happen.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 06, 2013, 12:11:48 pm »

buy the ingredients for a fortify intelligence potion
The only problem with this is we can figure ingredients and their effects are going to be at least somewhat randomized. At least that's what I got from the last post. I could also be explosively mistaken (It's the best kind of mistaken). Before we get the ingredients for the potion we first have to figure out which ingredients they even are.
Yes, before buying ingredients en mass we need to figure out exactly what ingredients do for us.
Micheal: "Wow. Ok. So what next? What about recipes? Any combination of saltrice, whickwheat and marshmerrow makes a healing potion, right?"
Nalcarya: "No. While reagents are necessary to give the result character, remember that the prima materia of alchemy comes from your own body, and is therefore unique to each alchemist. For one alchemist, those ingredients you mentioned might make a potion of healing, for another they might make one of invisibility or paralysis. Or both. Every ingredient has a number of effects, positive or negative, that vary and are unique to every alchemist. Now that you understand the processes involved, the actual production of a usable potion simply requires the selection of any combination of reagents that have at least two matching properties. What those properties are, you will need to discover for yourself."
Micheal: "...so you can't even tell me how to make a basic healing potion for sure?"
Then after being told that some effects are "more or less universal", we confirmed that bread and small kwama eggs restore fatigue for us, but considering our origin, that's all we know.

I say we inquire about a room somewhere and ask about their policy of performing alchemy inside. If it's okay with the owner then we can gather materials and experiment. We'll have to take the time to learn how to identify our own potions as well, and I think use-IDing them is as bad an idea here as it is in Dungeon Crawl.
We probably shouldn't spend money on a room when we could probably just use the mage's guild overhang.
> If we search for alchemy ingredients, start by looking for as many different samples as possible, test their basic effects by eating them, then make a matching potion with them.
> Did our basic instruction include identifying our potions by scent? If not, start practicing this by buying some kwama eggs and bread, making a restore fatigue potion, then comparing its scent with that of our restore health potion. If we collect any of the same kind of potion from raiding containers, we should compare their scents as well.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 06, 2013, 06:00:07 pm »

Actually, let's ask her for recommendations on Alchemy books. Before anyone makes the argument that we magically absorb knowledge by opening books, bear in mind that's not really how it works in the game either.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 06, 2013, 06:01:58 pm »

Double post 504 Error

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 07, 2013, 05:10:29 am »

How many septims do we have left, by the way?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 07, 2013, 01:38:57 pm »

Why do you ask?
Spoiler: stats (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 161