Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Elements 2 - Day 3 - End of the Line  (Read 16909 times)

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
Re: Elements 2 - The Captain's Edition (4/5 with 1 reservation)
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 05:43:39 pm »

That's fine with me. Is there a possibility of a spoil-spec?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: Elements 2 - The Captain's Edition (4/5 with 1 reservation)
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 05:49:03 pm »

Hmm ... Tiruin is probably pretty busy ... if she doesn't want her slot (or if pupgriff doesn't want to jump into Sheep's) then I'll put you in her slot.

...I'm tempted to just drop you in and get this baby started, but after offering a reserved slot I don't want to yank it away before she has a chance to respond...

That's fine with me. Is there a possibility of a spoil-spec?
I was just going to offer that. Access to all the quicktopics and I PM you with the actions everyone actually took during the day.

Speaking of which... I need to update the OP because I'm planning on having a "night" period where I PM all the players after the votes are locked to confirm their actions before they're executed. The complexity of the game demands that added level of confirmation, I'm thinking.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elements 2 - The Captain's Edition (3/5 with 2 reservations)
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 05:55:10 pm »

I'll definitely take Sheep's spot.  This should be fun.  So... Since Turiun normally gets on at least once a day, we can probably expect to start this by Friday sometime? 

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 06:02:47 pm »

Oh yeah, I also added a second disclaimer since I'm imposing Rule Zero.

I don't inspect to use it much, but who knows, if things get really bad, I might just have to turn this into a full-on bastard game. >:D

I'll definitely take Sheep's spot.  This should be fun.  So... Since Turiun normally gets on at least once a day, we can probably expect to start this by Friday sometime? 
... I would really like to start this today, since it's my day off. I think I'm going to make a judgment call and move Tiruin to the replacement list.

I'd like to see some new blood in the game, and since I'm allowing anonymity I think Ranger would make for a more interesting player since he could probably pull it off better. (no offense to Tiruin, but it's really easy to figure out when it's her).

So the official answer is that with Ranger joining in, the game will start within the hour.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 06:20:39 pm »

2 of 5 role PMs are written.

FYI: I am rolling this setup with actual dice! And I chose my favorite dice to do it with, too. They have very interesting personalities.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 06:21:00 pm »

Ok cool.  Do we PM you to start a Private chat with someone? I just don't know at all how this works.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 06:29:25 pm »

Yep, you'll need to PM me to activate any of your abilities.

The people who have played this game already will be able to help you out with the basics, I hope, like placing Attack and Protect votes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 06:37:00 pm »

You may probably want to wait until Tiruin's timezone allows her to post.

That said, are abilities with (Active) one-shots? If not, how will one-shots appear as?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 06:41:01 pm »

Would it be a good idea to put in the rule "No registered QuickTopic accounts"? If you can confirm someone like that it makes deception far harder.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 06:44:00 pm »

I second the Sheep on this one, makes the game more fun that way.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Elements 2 - The Captain's Edition - Day 1
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 06:45:42 pm »

That said, I think I see Ford's earlier point about encouraging fakeclaiming roles rather than fakeclaiming identities.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2013, 06:50:36 pm »

I think that's hard to enforce, and besides, as I've clearly demonstrated, you can't trust even that.

The rules on Quicktopic are pretty lax. I think I'll leave it at the "anything goes" policy.

HOWEVER. If you do create fake accounts like I did before, you are not allowed to use them to gain access to a chat you should not have access to.

Because, you know, as soon as Sheep used the account I created to access the Water-Air chat, I technically could have accessed that whenever I wanted to. I didn't. But I'm going to call that out specifically because it was possible.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2013, 06:51:13 pm »

i may not post for the first few hours due to being at my grandmas. just a heads up.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2013, 06:52:58 pm »

That's all right, Ranger, but as you may have noticed...Day 1 has already begun...

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 06:53:14 pm »

Earth fell first, then a small mistake cost Wind and Fire dearly, and with that all three were subjugated completely by the elemental forces of Wood and Water and forced to take part in forging a world in their own image. Together they created a world with vast oceans, dotted with tiny islands filled with foliage and teeming plant life.

At first wood felt constrained by the lack of land for it to set root within, and lamented that Earth's quiet and inactive nature doomed him to live in a world much too small for him. But in time, he found another way, and soon great wooden islands broke off from the mainlands and began to grow freely out on the open sea.

An age passed, and life began it's long rise from the oceans. The small islands became dotted with insects, and the oceans began to fill with many new and exotic creatures.

But alas, it could not last. Fire, incensed over a defeat that should never have happened, roused earth to action, and deep in the core of the world, they made their preparations.

One day, the earth deep beneath the oceans was rent open, and as the depths of the ocean plunged into the abyss in some places, in others gouts of molten rock spat forth, blasting their way to the surface. Great volcanos erupted on the surface, spewing molten fire and ash into the air, with such great violence that it sent powerful winds racing across the surface. The sky filled with great, dark clouds, and lightning split the heavens in twain as the defeated elemental forces returned to the world with a vengeance.

Water and wood struck back, and great waves struck the volcanos, in hopes of smothering the flames, but with air unleashed from their dominion, they could not bring the rain down to seal them from above, and their efforts only worsened the chaos.

In the ensuing chaos, Earth and Fire lost contact with each other, as did Wood and Water, and soon all the elements were lost in a maelstrom of elemental power. As they began to come to grips with the new state of the world and overcome the initial confusion of the escape, they began to recognize that they had evolved. As the world took shape, so too had the elements themselves, and it slowly dawned on them that this new war would be utterly unlike the last.

Though earth and fire banded together to break the dominion of water and wood, now that fire's old ally air has been roused, will they join together again, as they did in the past? Old greivances are sure to appear again as they elements once again do battle to see who will lead the world into its second age.

The massive eruptions took an immense amount of time and effort to pull off, and both Earth and Fire put everything they had into the effort to ensure it's success. Air, newly roused, is also at its weakest, and old allies Wood and Water were taken by surprise, and sent reeling by the sudden emergence of their old foes.

All players begin the first day Exhausted

The first day has begun! It ends when all votes are cast, or after 48 hours. The deadline will be extended when new votes are cast.

The current Deadline is Monday, ~8PM CST
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15