Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37

Author Topic: If you hate consoles... Xone love hate?  (Read 42880 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: If you hate consoles... Xone love hate?
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2013, 08:30:57 pm »

Here we go, i hope it better suits where it went. I had nothing against console, but when i saw that, the DRM crap they putted out hard to not be unbiased,
I had nothing against console

Man.. call me insensible, call me stupid, call me heart-less after what i will say, i dont care because i mean what im about to say with all my heart, i wish, i hope, no better yet im an atheist and i PRAY ANY AND ALL god who dare to listen, i hope the console market crash and burn to NEVER rise up again, why? Because all these oppresive measures taken on the new console increasing every year and seem to have no end to the imaginative behind these measures taken, they are slowly alienating the console user base, and you know what is even worst? The said alienated user base cries for more... make me think of a dealer, he gives you a freebie, get you hooked, and then makes accept worst and worst condition to their own pleasure and greediness. Sure somebody will say its not a drug you cant be hooked up, nevertheless its the same thing happening here because no matter what, its an industry and there is demand for it.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2013, 08:54:30 pm »

Let me rephrase, i had nothing to say against console, sure i didnt like them much, but what i saw on that website got me fired up big time, basicly the drop that made the vase flow ( french expression basicly saying that it was the burning point acheived thingy )
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2013, 09:04:01 pm »

The English equivalent of that is "The straw that broke the camel's back".

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2013, 09:07:17 pm »

The English equivalent of that is "The straw that broke the camel's back".
Thanks, that would be it :)
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2013, 09:08:36 pm »

I really hope the next video game market crash happens soon, this is getting absolutely ridiculous. Without one, it'll be very unlikely that videogames as a whole will recover.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2013, 09:14:18 pm »

I'm just gonna say, DF players are probably not the primary target market.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2013, 09:52:28 pm »

If CDs and DVDs are going to be this useless, I'm not going to buy this. What is with companies and DRM nowadays?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2013, 10:02:36 pm »

Ahem.

THE FEE TO REINSTALL GAMES IS NOT TRUE

Christ, people. Remove thine heads from thine posteriors.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2013, 10:04:52 pm »

Ahem.

The console is still severely flawed and anti-consumer even without that feature.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2013, 10:08:32 pm »

I'm not worried. This finally gives me an excuse to get a good PC and stop bothering with consoles. I think I'll buy a WiiU just because Nintendo seems to be the only involved company not dedicated to being dicks (and Pikmin 3).
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2013, 10:44:06 pm »

Ahem.

I am very confident that no-one in this thread implied that you have to pay to reinstall your games.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2013, 10:54:14 pm »

As a general response to the notion that everyone in this thread hates consoles and "LOL PCs are best n if u disagre ur so dumb LOL!!!!!111!!1!"  No, we don't "hate" all consoles and think PC is just absolutely divine and everyone who disagrees must be twelve.

We're specifically disappointed in Microsoft for crafting a product that is just totally inane and contrary to what everyone was hoping for in a new console.  Pretty similar to how a number of us didn't like Windows 8 at all when it was introduced.  So you see, the problem is MS' business practice, not our undying hatred of all things non-PC.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2013, 10:56:41 pm »

I think I'll buy a WiiU just because Nintendo seems to be the only involved company not dedicated to being dicks (and Pikmin 3).

I wouldn't be so sure about that.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2013, 11:00:33 pm »

I've noticed that a lot of people are sort of flocking to Nintendo and Sony now (Not necessarily here, mainly in other websites) as if they're the shining example of industry standards to put it in an over exaggerated way. Really, these two companies will probably do equally stupid things to drive away customers (And already have in the past), and their not going to do any better with this next "generation" (Which is a term so loosely thrown around nowadays, no one knows what it means.)

So really, I personally expect multiple shitty announcements and decisions this year from all three of the companies. Besides a few potential exclusives this year, I honestly don't see this as a happy year for gaming.
Welcome to Reality.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2013, 11:05:55 pm »

As a general response to the notion that everyone in this thread hates consoles and "LOL PCs are best n if u disagre ur so dumb LOL!!!!!111!!1!"  No, we don't "hate" all consoles and think PC is just absolutely divine and everyone who disagrees must be twelve.

We're specifically disappointed in Microsoft for crafting a product that is just totally inane and contrary to what everyone was hoping for in a new console.  Pretty similar to how a number of us didn't like Windows 8 at all when it was introduced.  So you see, the problem is MS' business practice, not our undying hatred of all things non-PC.
Thats a much better diplomatic way of expressing what i tought, THANK you! Sometime i HATE being french and im not good in public talks, im too... how can i say it... rough? direct? straight speaking? get things out the way they come? has big temper? ( without being irrespectuous but close to ). HATE seeking words...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37