Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268764 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures in Being Next to a 3900 Acre Fire
« Reply #4455 on: September 15, 2014, 08:09:28 pm »

Jeezus.

I thought the smoke getting here from the fires in Estacada were bad...

You live far closer to me than I originally thought, Ross. Though still not actually close.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: September 15, 2014, 08:18:25 pm »

Placerville, roughly. Near the Red Hawk.

Are you in El Dorado County?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: September 15, 2014, 08:32:09 pm »

I'm in Oregon, but you live in Nevada if I'm seeing it right, which isn't the East Coast or Europe.

Thus, much closer, but not close.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures in Being Next to a 8600 Acre Fire, 5% Contain
« Reply #4458 on: September 15, 2014, 08:43:15 pm »

Placerville, California.

Oregon isn't that far.  Portland?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4459 on: September 15, 2014, 09:13:10 pm »

Grizzly, does it say WHAT Boeing jet? Because if it's a 747 size aircraft, then, wow. That's a lot of water.
Looks like a dc-10
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
which is ~200 feet long and can carry 380 passengers, (747 is ~250ft & 660 passengers).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:15:33 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures in Being Next to a 8600 Acre Fire, 5% Contain
« Reply #4460 on: September 15, 2014, 09:40:16 pm »

12,000 gallons or 45,000 liters.

To be clear, this fire is estimated at 34.8 square kilometers or 13.44 square miles.

If you look closely at the latest images, you'll see a finger creeping towards where I live.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: September 16, 2014, 02:39:41 am »

Bloody hell mate.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread -Adventures in Being Next to a 11500 Acre Fire, 5% Contain
« Reply #4462 on: September 16, 2014, 09:17:31 am »

18 square miles.

If it spreads the direction that it is, it's going to get all kinds of huge.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:26:52 am by Ross Vernal »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread -Adventures in Being Next to a 11570 Acre Fire, 5% Contain
« Reply #4463 on: September 16, 2014, 02:19:23 pm »

Wow, Ross. I don't know about you, but that sounds like a lot of fire, even if you DO take into account the fact that most of that is just burned-out woods and fields. Only a fraction, the edge, I'd guess, is still on fire, yes? Of course, a tiny fraction of 18 square miles is far more fire than can be easily handled.

Twelve thousand gallons? That's just about humongous. I can see the problem with filling it up, though! Must be based near a lake-that, or it's been seriously modified so that they can do the lake-skimming filling trick that smaller firefighting aircraft use.

Oh yeah, that's a lot of water. The problem is, that gets dumped out pretty quickly, then you're spending 99% of your time refilling and flying to and from the firefighting zone. But in trouble, that'll reduce a blaze pretty quick.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread -Adventures in Being Next to a 11570 Acre Fire, 5% Contain
« Reply #4464 on: September 16, 2014, 04:15:25 pm »

madman, to read the hidden tags, quote my post and read it with the tags intact. I used <abbr> tags with no text for them to show up on to hide the translation.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: September 16, 2014, 04:15:55 pm »

Ah. OK. I'm going to go do that. Thanks.

EDIT:
Done.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 04:21:15 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4466 on: September 16, 2014, 06:44:08 pm »

Gamerlord, they gonna run into Morgred or is she being sneaky?
(mind, Telcontar has that 'alert' bit, so it'd take a fair deal of sneakyness)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: September 16, 2014, 06:59:01 pm »

Yes, I do indeed. I refuse to be taken by surprise. If you can take me by surprise, I'm a useless mercenary/warrior.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4468 on: September 16, 2014, 07:05:22 pm »

Magic yo. Morgred is a lich- he could dull your senses, sap the light in a corner, or perhaps go invisible.

HOld the phone- do you have a virtue or a feat containing this observational capability? *narrows eyes* Or is this a freebie?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:09:50 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: September 16, 2014, 07:34:15 pm »

This is a background story bonus. *Wink*
Meaning it's perfectly legal because I'm a soldier and I get to notice things. And cause I want to do that. ;)
Plus, nobody's negatively commented yet! It's all good. I'd notice the sapped light, I think. Even normal, RL me'd notice a lightless corner. Invisible'd be his best bet.
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 332