Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268487 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

I think we might all have different deflection styles, actually.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Dodging isn't Jewel's schtick, its more blocking the blow and soldiering on through hits that would be absorbed by both his nature and unhealthily-heavy-for-a-normal-biology heavy armor. I doubt those shoes would prevent a stomp to the foot from a metal shoe from hurting you (nor rooting you), nor taking a blow well. Hitting it may be a problem, but the fact remains.

Oh, right, I never did answer. How much mana would be taken off from a point? How much damage? If the mana taken off is a noticeable amount, shave off some damage if its small. Vice versa if the reverse.
Damage is +1 per tier, mana is 10 MP per tier.

Also, they could stop the guy from stomping on me in the first place; instead, he's doing a dance.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Yeah, as Remuthra said really.

His is about just staying out of range and trying to soak what he can't, yours is a mixture of the meat walls and your magic, Jewel's is straight up saying no to it, Rurail is a sort of mix between Thales and Daeth with keeping out of range and working with Jewel to fight enemies (along with just dodging them), and Sylvari is... Ignoring it all and hacking at them until they die? I dunno there really.

I'll scrap the damage then, I can survive dealing a bit less.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sylvari is killing them before they can hit him.

Mine is quite a bit of dodging, with my dexterity(thinking back, I wish I had placed more into mental attributes...), and especially with these boots, but also just staying away from the enemies/behind meat shields. Magic...can help, but I don't got too much actual defensive stuff. Plenty of Crowd/Individual Control, though.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

Heads up (Ross), I edited my last (IC) post.

Concerning defense,
I'm gonna like that shield.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 12:48:13 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

So.

Thales sword; Jewel warpick +14 and a rebreather item that burns mana at the same rate it gains; Rurail sentient shield Daeth Boots of Boisterous Bardship. Still need Sir Smurfington Sylvari.

The point of anti-degrade is to stop things from breaking. Keep in mind, once you get +4, your item is pretty much immune to degradation from anything but crits. +4 means a critical only has a 6% chance of degradation instead of 12%.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How many tiers are the Boots, by the way?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

About 15.

+4 to Speed, +50% Spell Power,  Lesser Abomination (Fashion subtype), Compel, Greater Comfort, Sevenleague.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

See, I'm guessing I can't remove any of those, which is mildly upsetting but not overly so. It's hard to figure out what I would do with extra tiers anyway.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

+3 speed and 1.5 to go?

Backup instrument? A lesser Book of Chaos?

... Bag of holding?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

I'm good with Jewel's selection. Mind if you can list all of the enchantments on it like the boots? I can gleen a bit from the description, but I'm curious as to the specifics.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

HOly poop new DF dropped (tonight) around  9 8:30.

protip: don't type 'hello' talk to deities

yay off-topic
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:24:33 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

lesser Book of Chaos?

On second thought, maybe not.

"I know, guys, let's give the guy bound and inflicted with a mild case of the horrorterrors a book of Free Magic, absolutely nothing could possibly go wrong with this plan. "

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds Fun, actually. Though I'm hoping for my magic to be based around slightly different things.

I was actually thinking of dropping Greater Comfort down to Comfort or something. And I would think that any gadgets I bought with the extra tier or two of stuff would be useful trinkets, possibly something to do with the Harmony, but I was just hoping you'd suggest something particularly interesting.

Which, granted, Lesser Book of Chaos certainly would be.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

lesser Book of Chaos?

On second thought, maybe not.

"I know, guys, let's give the guy bound and inflicted with a mild case of the horrorterrors a book of Free Magic, absolutely nothing could possibly go wrong with this plan. "
CLEANSE THE HERETIC
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 332