Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268503 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

But the weapon.

But fine, how many bonuses would be eaten by some sort of rebreather?
Take a point off the MP or somethin' if you need. If it costs more than 2 or 3 tiers, than just ahead and leave it, it's not worth eating too much into your pick. Just was sayin' as an idea, since it would really help with the whole sinking thing.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Like 1 or two,  depending on strength and range.

Personally, I  would take a point from damage instead of MP.  I think I would rather be able to hit harder more than hit slightly harder all the time.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Eh, it makes sense considering its sort of Jewel's fatal flaw. Even if he can breathe down there, no help swimming. So best hope he never goes overboard in the ocean, because I can see that being a very long trip back to shore via walking. Very, very long. Assuming he doesn't die.

But yeah, best grab one. Before I decide to take a point from damage or MP it might be good to figure out how easy he can recharge it. Does he just try to channel his mana into it, or does it require some sort of focus?

The range would just be himself, considering he'll be the most at risk with that (one member can already breathe it naturally, and I don't doubt Daeth probably has something to help with himself, Thales and Sylvari. Considering Jewel's weakness though, best he have a backup (and save Daeth some mana).  The strength I assume is duration, I'm not really sure what would be the going rate there.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

Hm, would you want something that straight conjurs oxygen from mana, or something that splits water molecules? Which would be cheaper?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jewel relying on his mana for something to save his life is a failed venture, most likely. I was kinda hoping for some sort of magi-tech thingy-ma-bob.

As to if it would be there, unknown. I would personally raise an eyebrow at a rebreather in the middle of a desert myself, but who knows how much they travel.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm thinking infinite duration, but just Jewel. An enchanted coin or amulet or stone that he has to keep in his mouth in order to breath underwater(small enough that it could be kept tucked in your cheek with only mild annoyance). Whether he just breathes the stone's air, or actually becomes able to breathe water(maybe it turns into air as it goes through his throat? I dunno.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

It would, hence the mention of coral from sea elves.

Items automatically regen Mana.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I'm thinking a partially sentient(empathy and the like, maybe) magical instrument(probably a harp, pipes, or other small-ish instrument of similar nature that would make a good sentient instrument) that is artifact-ish(+15 is fairly artifact-ish, after all), with magical powers that hopefully Ross can suggest and some minor boosts for the rest?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

It would, hence the mention of coral from sea elves.

Items automatically regen Mana.

d'oh, forgot that part
Ah, so they like, recharge from ambient spirit energy? Is there a way to charge them up faster?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Lover Girl and I thought of some boots with bells that are HIDEOUS. Like, so garishly over-the-top that people have to roll save to not pause for a minute and go "Fuck, those are some ugly-ass boots." Long points, a clashing green/orange/purple, some kind of douchey skin. The only reason to wear it is that it makes you really damn fast, can serve as seven-league boots, can compel people to (line) dance, and gives boosts to powers when done while dancing. They'd also be incredibly comfortable. Like, to the point where walking on clouds would be like walking on sandpaper. Every step a full foot massage, with the best damn fit and oddly capable of silence when the time calls for it.

Find a source of it or invest your own into it, pretty much.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

Lover Girl and I thought of some boots with bells that are HIDEOUS. Like, so garishly over-the-top that people have to roll save to not pause for a minute and go "Fuck, those are some ugly-ass boots." Long points, a clashing green/orange/purple, some kind of douchey skin. The only reason to wear it is that it makes you really damn fast, can serve as seven-league boots, can compel people to (line) dance, and gives boosts to powers when done while dancing. They'd also be incredibly comfortable. Like, to the point where walking on clouds would be like walking on sandpaper. Every step a full foot massage, with the best damn fit and oddly capable of silence when the time calls for it.

Find a source of it or invest your own into it, pretty much.

I sort of want these now. They'd amplify my irritation powers so much.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those boots would work. They would work so very well.

If my emotions weren't deadened by meds right now, I would be so very happy I would giggle.

How many tiers are they?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Think imma stick to some good metal sabatons and greaves myself.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Think imma stick to some good metal sabatons and greaves myself.

But...those dodge boosts tho'!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dodging isn't Jewel's schtick, its more blocking the blow and soldiering on through hits that would be absorbed by both his nature and unhealthily-heavy-for-a-normal-biology heavy armor. I doubt those shoes would prevent a stomp to the foot from a metal shoe from hurting you (nor rooting you), nor taking a blow well. Hitting it may be a problem, but the fact remains.

Oh, right, I never did answer. How much mana would be taken off from a point? How much damage? If the mana taken off is a noticeable amount, shave off some damage if its small. Vice versa if the reverse.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 07:22:53 pm by Xanmyral »
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 332