Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268550 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread: Adventures in Adventuring
« Reply #945 on: June 24, 2013, 04:33:59 pm »

Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Firefox here.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

No, I didn't like Chrome overall. The thing that irked me most, for some reason, though, was that text highlighting system.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

I'm asking because the text I want to use doesn't work on chrome, which could lead to shenanigans.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

Name: Daethwin Riesston
Race: Humankind
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 118 lbs.
Appearance: Wiry, short, and curved, it can be hard to tell which gender Daethwin is at first. He likes it that way, and wears ambiguous clothing to contribute to the effect. His hair is long for a man,  but short for a woman, and quite straight. His skin is the tan one gets from constant travel, and his hair a strawberry blonde, lighter in color than his skin. He's missing a tooth from a bar fight a few years back, and his left hand has a strange set of markings on it. If one were to undress him(as many have...) you would see that the markings continue, like writing and then like art, and finally forming a picture across his left arm, back, and upper chest. On his legs tend to be quickly inked notes, and the constant marking has left stains along his calves and shins; they appear more purple than brown. His eyes always have a gleam in them, and never seem to stay the same color for long; at one time they are a bright gold, an hour later they're blue, and the next day it's an iridescent purple. This can be unsettling, but Daethwin's charm tends to make people forget about it. When he converses with someone, he subconsciously mimics minor habits and vocal quirks of those he's speaking with, though he appears most like himself, and speaks in his normal, faint Chi Meng accent(as strange as that is). When he's talking to someone, or looking at them, his eyes constantly flicker between their face, hands, chest, and neck, looking at the face most often, and at different parts of it, particularly the eyes and mouth.
Strength 11
Stamina 14
Agility 19
Speed 17
Endurance 10
Willpower 13
Intelligence 16
Perception 15
HP: 24?
Level: Adventurer 1, Bard 2, Scholar 1
Virtues:
Eye for Emotions - Major: Practice and talent mean Daethwyn can read people like books. If he can see them, particularly the face, he knows what emotions they're showing, and can read what emotions they really feel(this also works to a lesser extent if he can hear them). (This is blatantly ripped off from Lie to Me.)
Amiable - Major: Daethwin can get along with just about anyone he meets, and makes friends very quickly, no matter the situation.
Silver Tongue - Minor: Daethwin is quite convincing, and has talked his way out of trouble more often than fought his way.
Knowledgeable - Major: As a travelling scholar, Daethwin knows more than most people learn in their lives, and can usually find the history of something, how to make a device work, or figure out what that stuff over there is, in his notes, head, or songs(he writes songs about what he learns to help memorize it).
Flaws:
Forbidden Knowledge - Major: Daethwin knows many things he shouldn't, and the scars left by the things he's seen mean his mind is fragile, and his soul corrupted.
Forgotten Oaths - Major: Pacts made long ago by Daethwin's ancestors mean that he is more susceptible to most anything done by those descended from demons, angels, or fae.
Curious - Minor: Daethwin has an insatiable thirst for knowledge, and can never leave something well enough alone.
Honest - Minor: Though he knows how to bend the truth and can happen to forget to tell people things, Daethwin abhors lying, and when he's forced to, he's terrible at it.
Hobbies:
Artist - 2 Point: Daethwin can write poetry, write songs, draw pictures, even make a decent memoir. He's survived this long and supported his information addiction by acting as a minstrel.
Tinkering - 1 Point: Daethwin knows a little bit of everything now, and likes to experiment.
Feats:
Muse: Muse is the name for someone who can do magic through music. That's what Daethwin can do, and all of his spells rely on being able to sing, play an instrument, or somehow make an audible rhythm. In return for this minor restriction, his spells are quite easy to do, requiring less effort, and can affect a large number of people or things, based on what can hear him(if it doesn't have ears, it can still be affected). His magic's power is dependent on how loud the sound is at the target's location, leading to situations such as the one where he bellowed nursery rhymes at the top of his lungs, and then the fireplace exploded.
Eyes in the Back of Your Head: Daethwin has a weirdly wide vision radius, and can almost always tell what's behind him.
Gods:
Pellegrin (Travel, Music)
Eyilana (Books, Poetry)
Arnum (Knowledge)

I probably didn't do this right.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 07:35:11 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

No, you did it pretty goodly.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

It looks good to a once-over; I'll give it an in-depth examination when I get home from work.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out

Keep in mind most of us are lvl 4s. What kinda equipment did you want?
Badges of honor

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Seems good to me man, seems Beta party has a dedicated magic user now, along with a face to boot! That's good, I was afraid Thales or, gasp, Jewel would wind up being the party face. Oh man, the horror at that, both of those instances, just imagine...

Most people are level four, you can tack on another level if you like, or stay at level three. Think I'm the only one going the latter route however.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Yeah, we all accidentally misread the character sheet sample.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gave myself another level o' bard.

As for equipment...
Probably some musical instruments(a fiddle, a lyre, and a trumpet), basic clothing with leather pieces, a few daggers, a handaxe, some food, etc. Basic stuff. Lots of books/paper/ink.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile

Nathan'd probably have ended up being the face. Though, his stereotyping and girl weakness would have left him a poor one.

Nice to see some good stats rather than hyper powered ones. Deffo looks fine to me. Short guy tho :3

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nathan'd probably have ended up being the face. Though, his stereotyping and girl weakness would have left him a poor one.

Nice to see some good stats rather than hyper powered ones. Deffo looks fine to me. Short guy tho :3
He can do powerful stuff, but in weird ways, and it tends to be comical.

"HUSHABY BABY, DON'T SAY A WORD; MAMA'S GONNA BUY YOU A MOCKING BIRD. IF THAT MOCKING BIRD DON'T SING, MOMMA'S GONNA MAKE THESE GUYS GO FLYING."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: June 24, 2013, 07:47:54 pm »

... Yeah, all of a sudden, I love how we have you ^^. I mean, both groups have atleast one person who singlehandedly make the entire group dysfunctional. Nice to have a comic relief :D

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: June 24, 2013, 07:55:30 pm »

Ah, our new final party member. This one may be tricky to enrage...
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 332