Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268559 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread
« Reply #420 on: June 08, 2013, 08:18:01 pm »

Yes.

Also, yes, the heavier and/or more bulky the armor, the bigger the penalties, but the more damage they prevent. There are some armors that have high protection and low penalties, but that falls under "special material" category. Yes, you can have armor enchanted to reduce the burden of this.

To forestall the next question, yes, there are qualities for armor/weapons/items.

Perfect - Weapons = +5% to attack and +1 damage. Armor = +2 soak value as long as it has at least 1 in the category to begin with.

Good - Weapons = +5% to attack. Armor = +1 to the soak value if it has at least 1 in the category.

Average - Nothing.

Worn - Weapons = -10% penalty to attack. Armor, this translates to a penalty of -1 to the soak of the armor, assuming it has at least 1 to begin with. Can't cause negative soak.

Broken - Weapons = -20% penalty to attack. Armor = -3 to the soak of the armor.  assuming it has at least 1 to begin with. Can't cause negative soak.

Destroyed - It is not possible to make an attack with a destroyed weapon. Destroyed armor provides no soak bonus.

To forestall the inevitable question of "How do things break?":

Weapons have a 4% chance to degrade per successful attack. Natural 20's with the weapons ignore this. A Natural 20 defense roll triples the odds of decay. A natural 1 on an attack roll triples the odd of decay.

Armor has a 4% chance to degrade per hit. Note that this can happen even if it doesn't protect against the damage type. Natural 20's for defense ignore this.  A natural 20 for an attack roll a triples the odds of decay. A natural 1 on a defense roll triples the odds of decay.

Yes, certain skills/feats/spells have a higher chance to damage things. No, I'm not telling you.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 09:15:12 pm by Ross Vernal »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 08, 2013, 08:18:29 pm »

What's the damage die for staves?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 08, 2013, 08:25:53 pm »

d6, bludgeon primary.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 08, 2013, 08:27:25 pm »

Heh, I have no more questions. Thanks again for the answering spree.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 08, 2013, 08:28:26 pm »

Yeah, that was quite impressive.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 08, 2013, 08:28:55 pm »

Indeed, although I reserve the right to ask more questions.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 08, 2013, 08:41:40 pm »

No problem, and I expect y'all to drown me in questions. :)

I may or may not post tonight. I have dinner to cook, dessert to bake, and I'm missing out on my TV shows. Plus, you know, Kai Queen.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 08, 2013, 08:43:37 pm »

So as a random note, I looked through the IC thread a bit in the mindset of only understanding nouns and verbs. At first I was horrified, then started laughing. I see good times ahead. ...I'm not sure how many times I've said this honestly. Fourth? Fifth time now?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 08, 2013, 08:44:52 pm »

No problem, and I expect y'all to drown me in questions. :)

I may or may not post tonight. I have dinner to cook, dessert to bake, and I'm missing out on my TV shows. Plus, you know, Kai Queen.
Yep.
I now want to meet them. I know that's just my 'fuse verses' instinct, but still.

So as a random note, I looked through the IC thread a bit in the mindset of only understanding nouns and verbs. At first I was horrified, then started laughing. I see good times ahead. ...I'm not sure how many times I've said this honestly. Fourth? Fifth time now?
What does this mean?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 08, 2013, 09:05:19 pm »

Jewel's primary means of communication is Tradespeak. Tradespeak is a polyglot language that only/primarily encompasses nouns and verbs. So anything else tends to get lost in translation, coming out as a "blah" that he has little to no idea what it means. Things ensue from that.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 08, 2013, 09:05:55 pm »

What quality would our weapons have started at, Ross?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 08, 2013, 09:12:51 pm »

Good quality.

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 08, 2013, 10:01:22 pm »

I suppose my fists are just considered average, until I acquire knuckledusters or something.

Speaking of fists, how are you going to calculate damage for unarmed?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 08, 2013, 10:25:55 pm »

Untrained?
Punch, d2 + strength modifier.
Kick is d3 + strength modifier.

Since you have a level in Brawler, a feat in Anatomy, a hobby of Unorthodox Research, and a 13 in strength (meaning a modifier of +1), I'm gonna up it to:

Punch, d4+3 (average 5)
Kick, d3+3
Heavy Punch, d4+4, -5% to-hit
Heavy Kick, d3+4, -5% to-hit
Additional 5% dodge rate versus melee and h2h
Degrade quality translates into "HP damage odds."

With the brass knuckles I am assuming your character has by default, add another 1 damage onto it. Which is basically saying "You can punch hard enough to hit through armor, but it's not going to do a lot of damage."

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #434 on: June 08, 2013, 10:48:44 pm »

If I changed my mind and went with a halberd, do each of the attacks get separate rolls, (d8 for spear thrust, d10 for axehead, d6 for haft bash), or do they all get homogenized into a d8?

@Myral: Heh, I'll try to help your character out if things are obviously complicated. Spent a whole level on body talker.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 332