Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268457 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread
« Reply #345 on: June 08, 2013, 01:54:39 am »

Well, Myrln's definitely (ambiguously) Chaotic. And the manipulative bastard kind of lawful.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 08, 2013, 01:59:56 am »

Are there any other special kinds of metal for weapons, Ross?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 08, 2013, 02:21:17 am »

There's a long list that I haven't totally fleshed out, but I can say it includes: mithril, dragonhide, orichalcum, adamant, meteor iron, cold iron, blacksteel, whitesteel, black titanium, hell iron, white silver, black silver... let's just say there's a very long list, a lot of which are alloys or involve special preparation.

Also included on this list are the "Essence of" and "True-" varieties of everyday materials like steel, bronze, etc; they're both a step up.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 08, 2013, 02:22:04 am »

Ehehehe.
Question: Do staffs and the like help with magic? Wands, etc?
Sig! Onol

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 08, 2013, 02:28:29 am »

Yes and yes. Obviously, they help more with Ritual magic than anything.

As a side note, there are Chaos Rituals. It seems contradictory, but it's Chaos Magic and you should never expect Chaos magic to make anything resembling "sense", except when it does.  Not every chaos spell involves dancing the Macarena naked in the moonlight or sacrificing chickens or whatever.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 08, 2013, 02:29:24 am »

Meteor Iron, you say? Would it be fine with you if I used Neun's dwarven background and Earth Affinity trait to cast a spell to search for some nearby?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 08, 2013, 02:32:57 am »

Feel free to do so, but I can safely tell you that you'll have to start digging if you do find it.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 08, 2013, 02:38:39 am »

Wait, what would meteoric iron's special properties be? I may want to know that before I start searching.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 08, 2013, 02:47:26 am »

Pellegrin is an enigma. Little is known of this god, although he is known to be a solid ally of Vijer, being opposed to Sanoci's brute violence. He is allied with Malu (his father), and is neutral towards Camille (his mother). This is supposedly a result of the War of the Gods. He is mainly worshiped by sailors, water elementals of the ocean type, and the Sea/Deep elves. It is a rather musical faith with plenty of sea chanteys, and the Pellerite faith is very secretive. His symbols are the trident, stylized waves, a broken horn of plenty, and gold whale tails. His colors are those of the ocean. Most maps have symbols honoring him, and there are many small shrines set up to him at crossroads.

There is a special relationship between him and Timeus, as the two oversee the souls of those lost at sea.

Pellegrin is Lawful Neutral, leaning heavily towards True Neutral of the "force of nature" variety. He can be a god of great destruction, a god of plenty, and a god of beauty. He is as fickle as the sea.

Pellegrin's virtues include: Wanderlust, freedom, strength, obedience, loyalty, greed, and hard work.
Pellegrin's sins include: Farming, destruction of the environment, disobedience, weakness, sloth, silence, and slaughter of the innocent/children. Oddly enough, he's fine with piracy, so long as you try to not kill those not opposed to you while burning and pillaging. Law of the sea > law of the land. He is also surprisingly okay with kidnapping children, provided you don't do unspeakable things and generally try to take care of them.

Meteoric iron is resistant to all forms of supernatural powers, has a very high melting temperature, and is much denser and harder than regular iron. It lends itself more to bludgeoning weapons, although alloys are not unheard of for blades, especially among certain deep dwarves.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 08, 2013, 02:48:22 am »

Can one cast with fingers broken but hands untied?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 08, 2013, 02:52:04 am »

Given enough willpower, yes. You'd be able to tell she was casting from the grand gestures she'd make that would basically be crude imitations of the finger movements.

I can tell you that it's not in her interest to do so when she's pretty sure you lot are more magically potent and that she can get something out of you. In other words, she'll assume there is an informal agreement where she agrees to not use magic provided the party isn't actually trying to kill her.

Also, she can technically cast by Soulbreaking, but given that it's 100% fatal, she'd rather save it for when she is sure she's gonna die as opposed to "Wait, I can live AND get what I want?"

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 08, 2013, 02:57:02 am »

...it's 1 AM? Shiiiiit, I am tired, I was gonna watch Doctor Who tonight. Oh well, tomorrow. Technically later today, but whatever, it can come later.

Beta Party: Expect the beginning to happen sometime in the next week. You have some time to tinker with things before I launch; the events that spur your launch really depends on what the Alpha Party does. If what I expect to happen happens, it'll be amusing as hell.

For me and you guys, at least. The actual Alpha Party members probably won't like it at all.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 08, 2013, 02:58:06 am »

Well, let's wait and see about that. I have a sneaking suspicion that we almost certainly may end up trying to kill each other.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 02:59:42 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 08, 2013, 02:58:34 am »

Shit, you're starting them in Garrison.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 08, 2013, 03:00:10 am »

Shit, you're starting them in Garrison.
It all depends on whether we completely demolish the town as a side effect, then.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 332