Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268348 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread
« Reply #375 on: June 08, 2013, 11:11:45 am »

Well can you post now? Can't really do anything if you don't...

Done. Again, sorry.
Eeyyyyyyyy, no problem. :D
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #376 on: June 08, 2013, 11:29:28 am »

Trying to think of a ranged bludgeoning weapon, sling and lead shots is all I got, and even then I'm not sure if they qualify as "bludgeoning." They're so underused as weapons, though deadly.
Hmm, two things come to mind. One isn't exactly a weapon: Xistera. If you can get one strong enough, and you've got the strength to use it, lead shells'd hurt. Second one might appeal: throwing picks. Loved em in DF adv mode.

Nah, I don't have the perception for ranged- throwing or otherwise. So the shield is for compensating & closing the distance.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 11:37:06 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 08, 2013, 01:04:58 pm »

You can make swords out of dragon leather?

...the DM applies a CALMING SHOOSHPAP to the PLAYER.  (Which is to say, I read it as a question as to what special materials there are in general, not just for weapon purposes.)

You can make something like this with dragonleather and dragonscale.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 08, 2013, 01:07:53 pm »

You can make swords out of dragon leather?

...the DM applies a CALMING SHOOSHPAP to the PLAYER.  (Which is to say, I read it as a question as to what special materials there are in general, not just for weapon purposes.)

You can make something like this with dragonleather and dragonscale.
I'll have to sell my +5 Diamond Katana for a +4 Dragon Scale Scimitar.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 08, 2013, 03:18:16 pm »

...If we're going full-adventurer party, it would be helpful to have the ability for all of us to attack at range in some form...

Well, about that...

I guess I'll be spending most of the time hiding behind things (or other people) during archer volleys. Or maybe I could throw rocks at them. Better than nothing, I suppose.
Well, another idea is that we could throw you at the enemy. With your permission of course, but the idea is hilarious to me, a flying-throw-assisted tackle-grapple. You don't need the ability to do long range assaults, I'm just suggesting that such would be helpful for them in case we ever come across an enemy who we can't reach, like if they fly or some such. With a slave-o-mancer and a gunmage though, such enemies hopefully won't be too much of a problem.

@Grizzly: I did decide on weapons though, as well as a ranged one. Well, pseudo-ranged, but I like the idea enough that I'm sticking with it. The answer? Meteor Hammer. Because nothing says "ranged bludgeoning" better than a metal ball on a chain being swung/thrown at your head at high speeds.

According that such a weird weapon is alright with Ross though. Certainly not a conventional ranged choice. Regular/Backup weapons is a shield (had the idea for tower, but that would interfere with meteor hammer, so probably a thick, small shield for shield bashes) and a bar mace.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 08, 2013, 03:22:54 pm »

I'm considering using bolas as a ranged weapon from now on. Might get myself a macuhuitl for close combat as well.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 08, 2013, 03:25:01 pm »

Good choices! You can never go wrong with a good macuhuitl. I'd suggest having a good supply of obsidian though, due to the whole "fragmentation grenade on a stick" effect that weapon tends to have.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 08, 2013, 03:25:48 pm »

I don't really plan to get into physical combat, so I probably don't need a ranged weapon. The dirk is more for show than anything.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 08, 2013, 03:26:36 pm »

Yeah... going to be looking into the applications that bone and souls have when it comes to replacing obsidian.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 08, 2013, 03:28:31 pm »

I think a purple obsidian macuhuitl would be one of the best anti-mage weapons ever.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 08, 2013, 03:30:40 pm »

Purple?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 08, 2013, 03:32:45 pm »

Probably some kind of magic or another. ...Perhaps of the magic disrupting kind?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 08, 2013, 03:44:15 pm »

Ross, just letting you know now, you should make sure you have a decent amount of stuff down on souls, necromancy and magic. I will be pressing those for the entire game, up until the point where I take Mingan's place.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 08, 2013, 03:49:49 pm »

Ross, just letting you know now, you should make sure you have a decent amount of stuff down on souls, necromancy and magic. I will be pressing those for the entire game, up until the point where I take Mingan's place.
Or try to and get pimp slapped into a billion shards of pure pain.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 08, 2013, 04:15:57 pm »

Purple Obsidian: A form of rare obsidian. It helps to reduce the effects of hostile magic.

2. I am considering doing a revamp of HP and MP. Not sure I will, but here's what I'm contemplating. HP: 10 HP base + Endurance + Level (levels in combat classes would grant 2 HP instead of 1) + Virtues/Feats; MP: 5 MP base + (Willpower + Intelligence / 2) + Level (levels in magic classes would grant 2 MP instead of 1) + Virtues/Feats

New Alpha Party stats:
Zoah 40 HP / 24 MP or 43 HP / 23 MP in Trace Mode
Neun 36 HP / 31 MP
Tarana 34 HP / 17 MP
Myrln 21 HP / 42 MP
Morgrod 21 HP / 32 MP

New Beta Party stats:
Jewel 40 HP / 20 MP
Rurail 34 HP / 20 MP
Nathan 31 HP / 21 MP
Castle 30 HP / 15 MP
Joe 23 HP / 44 MP

I'd prefer to see a vote on this to see if you like it before retconjuring it in.

3. Rules for fighting the gods: You lose.

To explain further, let me provide you with the (approximate) level of the sole character to fight Gods and win, as per the backstory:

Wizard 10 / Priest 10 / Swordsman 7 / Knight 5 / Sidhe Lord 5 / Wild Hunt 5 / Gunmage 4 / Soldier 3 / Sidhe Paragon 3 / Brawler 3 / Water Elementalist 2 / Enchanter 2 / Retconjurer 1. Yes, that is a Level 60 character, and literally the only reason he prevailed against the 18th, 24th, and 32nd ranked gods is because the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 15th, and 26th ranked gods directly intervened on his behalf.

Without them, the 32nd-ranked god would have eaten him for breakfast.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 332