Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268826 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Delayed Updates
« Reply #2745 on: December 09, 2013, 08:28:22 pm »

If angel go boom, shrapnel hits two guys instead of one.

He's trying to diffuse both of your attention away from each other, basically. Pretty good tactic really.

Anyway, sounds like these passengers are sorta-kinda stranded with us. While they may be bad for, say, any kind of diplomatic reasoning, just leaving them there seems kinda cruel to me. Large desert, stranded, alone... They're easy targets, specially after the crash.
Kinda familiar.
Anyhow, I suggest we either try to reach some sort of diplomacy, although going at them with words without a fist to back us up is a bad idea, I think bringing the giants with us and making an ambush would probably be a good idea, essentially what Rurail brought up.

While what Ross said is true, this will be considerably more difficult, I think if we got a few giants and whoever else passenger wise backing us up, along with playing it smart, we can probably pull it off. Otherwise, we head to the village and the group catches up to us after a day in the village. That's an idea I'm really leery about.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:29:54 pm by Xanmyral »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: December 09, 2013, 08:34:54 pm »

Yeah, it may be beneficial to just try to gather forces and retreat to the village, so we can fortify it some. Harassing action and scouting are definitely good things, though, so we should send one or more team members to slow down our friends, as it were, I'd say. If we sent a scouting party of like two people, we could pick some off and delay them longer, so the rest of the team could prepare the village. For this purpose it may be prudent to send Thales carrying someone else as a flying raiding party.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2747 on: December 09, 2013, 08:36:34 pm »

Edited my last message same time you posted.

Ha, 'easy' targets. But yes.

Should we try and talk to them first or should we open fire before they know we're there, (if their scouts don't spot us first). If the former, we might want to send our most diplomatic/tanky characters...Nathan/Jewel maybe? (Daethwin might be an interesting choice, with his fresh, likely familiar-to-the-elves burns)
Meanwhile everyone else is nearby, that is if we can organize with the firegiants for that kind of subterfuge.

Walk part of the way there & fortify an area so we can ambush at night/early morning, or just build here & fight tomorrow? I imagine Dark elves, being subteranean, might not be as effected by the night as us. So Fighting at night might not be to our advantage.

-E
We should probably hash this out IC too- less hive-mindy.

@Rem
The village is in enemy hands I believe, 'fortify' refers to this basecamp/stranded life boats.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: December 09, 2013, 08:44:05 pm »

Oh, it is? Well, that changes things a bit. We should probably make our stand here.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: December 09, 2013, 09:01:12 pm »

Problem is, we're in a desert. There isn't much point to standing there than anywhere else as there's little cover. Good thing none of them have mounts else this would be a nightmare. I'm getting flashbacks of being caught unhorsed in the desert by mamlukes in Mount and Blade. Bad times were had.

But yeah, basically, we can fortify where we are... But for what reason or purpose? We have no defenses to construct unless we want to strip the emergency landing ships for parts. Our problems won't be a charge from them, no, it would be them leisurely raining hell on us from afar with arrows and fire. Unless we can find a good, large dune to hide behind, maybe.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2750 on: December 09, 2013, 09:17:00 pm »

Well, in-character, they apparently have snakes. Might be riding them.
Meta-game, they're animal handlers so it might've just been not mentioned.

Well that's just the thing- any reasonably-sized dune, (think 3-feet peak-to-valley), can hide a person if they lay down. And scavenging/building on the emergency craft is very much an option.
Fire'd be a problem, but if we have cover they'd have to worry more about exhausting their mana/arrow supply than we would have to worry about getting wiped out by it.

Here's a plan, (I reserve right to put this forward in-character((unless you think your guy can really present it well, in which case say something here!))): fortify the ships a tad, make some dummies to go in them, hide in the dunes around.
They might assume we're taking cover inside.

We still need to worry about them pulling out the stops/double-timing it to take us by surprise in the night- they'd have the advantage, and they know we expect them what with having scryed their presence.

@ross:
How long are the boats & are they covered or open-air?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:25:15 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: December 09, 2013, 10:38:40 pm »

Never underestimate the power of Adventuring School magic education. You lot can raise walls of stone from sand, lay "land mines", etc.

Long. Double decks, enclosed piloting chamber.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2752 on: December 09, 2013, 11:07:25 pm »

Sweet, and size of giants(/golems)?
Badges of honor

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: December 09, 2013, 11:41:25 pm »

You guys suck; just wing it and be badass like Alpha party! :P

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: December 09, 2013, 11:57:33 pm »

I think we'll be fine, heh.

I approve of stone/sand walls and repurposing the ship for the use of an ambush. I think that would be Daeth and Thales' thing though, maybe Nathan too?

The dummy idea is a good one, although I think making pavises to ward off their arrows might be good too. Not like the damn thing can fly anyhow, why not scrap it for tower shields to pitch the moment we get in the actual scrap? Get a stick and set one up as a pavise if you prefer your hands free, I suppose. Should block an arrow if its good wood and we do an alright job of setting it up.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:00:50 am by Xanmyral »

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: December 10, 2013, 12:09:00 am »

Big. Thick. Tall.

There are OOC reasons for fire giants.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: December 10, 2013, 01:04:56 am »

You guys suck; just wing it and be badass like Alpha party! :P
To be fair we faced somewhat lesser opponents in our first real battle and we still almost died.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2757 on: December 10, 2013, 06:50:21 am »

Heh, you also didn't have time to prepare.

Well I'll just assume they look like WoW titans that're about as tall as skyrim giants.
OOC reasons? Curious. They've been around for a while.

Alrighty magic users, any ideas?

Everyone else, do we want to be in our fortifications or do we want to use them as a diversion & attempt to get the drop on them?
I wonder if we have to worry about their scrying our location..
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 07:05:16 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: December 10, 2013, 12:08:12 pm »

As much as I dislike OOC discussions for IC tactics, Nathan can and will set up two traps involving his bombs. If we know roundabout where they'll come from, or atleast managed to get them to go where we want them, Nathan can set them up at a distance we believe they'll shoot us from, giving them a nasty surprise.
Could even set them up that Nathan has to shoot the bombs to work, so we can time it whenever we want.

Nathan's job in battle will be to pick off particularly deadly foes.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2759 on: December 10, 2013, 01:33:29 pm »

Mk, so by 'magic users' what I should have said was 'daethwin'. I think we need to protect him better..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 332