Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 332

Author Topic: Adventuring Party OOC Thread - Adventures in Hiatus  (Read 268819 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Be An OOC Thread - Adventures In Delayed Updates
« Reply #2730 on: December 09, 2013, 01:04:47 am »

So, Beta, what's the plan? Fortify, attack, diplomacy, run like hell?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: December 09, 2013, 01:31:17 am »

The only two people who clearly seem set to go against the group would be Jewel and Rurail, the former just going after them in some way, the latter to ambush with the giants. Nathan, Thales, and Daeth, I got no idea.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: December 09, 2013, 06:17:50 am »

Thales wants to go kill the elves, because his HOLY RAGE is waiting to come into effect.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2733 on: December 09, 2013, 07:15:22 am »

Hmm, send a message out to mcdreich? Might be busy, hasn't checked the thread. I know I was. On a mobile device ATM or else I'd do it.

@rp, myral, max, if anyone wants to interject I suspect now's the chance, otherwise it's back in remuthra's court, and if nothing more's to be said by Thales then we just continue the convo I guess.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: December 09, 2013, 04:44:28 pm »

Sorry about that guys. I've been a little confused as to what's going on, so taking a little more of a backseat until it makes sense to me, aaand I forget I'm part of this aswell XD

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2735 on: December 09, 2013, 06:13:12 pm »

Heh, clarification: fishman's voice & posture are neutral, the only challenge is in the eyes, or perhaps under the voice, (though it'd take knowing the guy to tell). He isn't up in Thale's grill or anything, though there is definitely tension. (or at least that was my intention)

If you're hazy on anything good sir, we can probably help. Probably. :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 06:21:35 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: December 09, 2013, 06:29:20 pm »

Short version: You guys emergency landed about a day's past the encounter because of good rolls.

Basically, you're sitting in the desert, pondering the plans. The enemy is coming directly for you, so if you went for them combat would initiate at about night time. If you decided to fort up, you've got about a day to do it.

Fair warning: Beta's first encounter is considerably more dangerous than Alpha's. Prepare accordingly.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2737 on: December 09, 2013, 06:42:23 pm »

What happens if we flunk our rolls?

@mcdreich
What your character knows is it's a large party about a day away with golems, snakes, & powerful mages. Daethwin used a stone bowl & water to scry, which is when an enemy mage noticed his prying (somehow) and threw a fireball through the scrying medium (somehow). We 'know' they head this way because Scouty McAngelton over there flew over them when he followed our escape craft. (<3)

Currently, everyone's (supposedly) grouped up around the now-burned bard. Jewel's anxious to do something, Rurail wants to stay & help the fire giants, Thales wants to defend his honor (and according to Remuthra wouldn't mind unleashing his holy fury on the incoming dark elves), & Daethwin is preoccupied rubbing Jewel's mossjuice on his injured scalp & answering questions.

We were originally dispatched to a town that's been attacked en-masse by normally subterranean dark elves and their (pretty powerful) minions. We're coming out here to help where we see fit, with a very broad mission objective. We could probably run away like pansies, but that'd look rather poor on our resumes.

The firegiants want to rest & regroup/repair their ship I think, but we haven't really discussed it with them in-detail.

The large party is approaching from the direction we came from, & the town is in the opposite direction.

@Ross
How many fire giants are in the basecamp?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 06:46:36 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: December 09, 2013, 06:53:45 pm »

Bad things! :D

Aside from the spokesperson, there are three giants. The main airship ditched you guys out into a landing vessel for the sake of surviving the storm; your landing craft is mostly intact, but the odds of a successful takeoff are somewhere between "no" and "HAHAHAHAHA, no".

Most of the fire giants are giving in to their instinct to BURN SMASH KILL EAT and are all raring to go charging out on the attack.

And yeah, this is an open-ended sort of quest. There are many ways to solve the issues - words, genocide, etc.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: December 09, 2013, 07:03:22 pm »

Ahh, cool, thanks. Wasn't sure if it was confirmed they were coming from us. I was uncertain whether we needed to go save the village.

Definitely up for forting up. Big time.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2740 on: December 09, 2013, 07:05:03 pm »

Oh yay bad things! At least they aren't very bad..

Ok so we didn't see the main airship crash? Are we with the main group or is this obviously a very small detachment of the crew?

Hmm, fire giants are a great asset for fighting, but the 'instinct to BURN SMASH KILL EAT' might be a liability for using words...Double-edged sword.

-e
@max
Well, I'd say vidya rules don't apply- if we take our time here, there might be more suffering going on at the village that we arrive too late to stop. Very analogue kind of RPG medium, this is. I'm of the attitude, (as is rurail, unsurprisingly), that this isn't something that's just happened- it's been going on for a while, and atrocities have probably already occurred. It's probably better to take our time and arrive in the best circumstances than to rush in & try to be heroes right off the bat- it's not like we're saving a spotless village from destruction, we're going to stop the continued desolation of a destroyed village.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 07:10:20 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: December 09, 2013, 07:11:25 pm »

Small detachment. Captain Greg considers good customer service to be very good for his business, especially so when it comes to Adventurers whose location is known and disappearance could be traced directly to him. So, basically, he sent some crew down to make sure you're reasonably okay; if you all die, he's off the hook since he obviously tried to assist you.

Neither seen nor heard. About as soon as you left the airship, it was out of sight. It is safe to assume they are riding out the storm, though.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2742 on: December 09, 2013, 07:15:43 pm »

Ah ok, well that changes things. Thought everything had gone helter-skelter & we were with what crew had escaped, (while the captain had gone down with the ship).

Hehe, yeah, PR might be important to a fire-giant owned-and-operated service like this, considering their 'tendencies'.

-Es

@Ross,
How tall are firegiants? I'll probably ask this of Daethwin IC: how big were the golems?

pst, mcdreich,
considering rurail's not about to make kissy lips fight with thales, (at least on his end), is nathan still gonna try to calm him down?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 07:28:55 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: December 09, 2013, 07:39:21 pm »

hah, Nathan only said it as a joke. Rurail made a comment that Nathan judged Thales might not accept (the misjudgement thing) and decided that if Thales is to get upset over that, it's best that the wrath split itself, so Nathan's comment is put in to both make a joke and to split Thales attention if he were to get upset.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2744 on: December 09, 2013, 08:12:56 pm »

I am confuse.

''He didn't suddenly bristle into unending wrath at being 'slighted', I'd take that any day.''
What is 'that'?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:27:48 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 332