Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Demons of the Underlands - a very unusual Pokemon RP - OOC  (Read 5804 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Demons of the Underlands - a very unusual Pokemon RP - OOC
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2013, 04:23:21 pm »

Am I the only player with more than four attacks? You can take more than four (thank Arceus).

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2013, 04:28:39 pm »

I'm posting to watch. Will make a sign up submission once things get a bit more orderly.
It's FEF, not FEOF

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2013, 05:05:26 pm »

Am I the only player with more than four attacks? You can take more than four (thank Arceus).
I'm waiting for evolution.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2013, 09:55:24 pm »

Spoiler: Max (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 07:17:27 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2013, 09:59:26 pm »

Wait how is evolution being handled?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2013, 10:24:46 pm »

Character Submission/Character Summary
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 06:40:17 pm by Inithis »
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2013, 12:00:14 am »

So far it looks good.
Later tomorrow I'll set the IC thread up and include some sort of a prologue, which should give you an idea of what's going on and set the stage for the game itself and maybe even give someone an inspiration for the histories of those who can't think of anything so far.

But for now let me just say that the ancient knowledge of demon summoning has been lost and all known...Pokémancers, as they used to call themselves, the very manipulators of life and death, have been hunted down and inevitably sent to the other plane they once opened...

In other words, right now nobody knows how to summon the demons, but don't you worry, this isn't going to last for long...

Also, evolution is handled the "normal" way for the item-based (Leaf Stone etc.), while it's more like "age=level" for the level-based, but it's only a rough estimate, so don't worry if you spontaneously evolve.

Abilities.

Essentially "passive moves".

And yes, there's no limit to the amount of moves you can learn.

@scapheap: ...If you could re-make this, I'd be happy. It's just too much meta going on there.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 12:27:17 am by DarkDXZ »

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2013, 10:17:32 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Characteristics are things like whether you're modest, strong, wise, treacherous and whatever else.

Appearance is more what makes you unique from the other specimens, rather than the description of the Pokemon itself.
Basically stuff like scars or extraordinary colors.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2013, 10:23:43 am »

@scapheap: ...If you could re-make this, I'd be happy. It's just too much meta going on there.
Aside from the level 20 comment, what meta?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2013, 10:51:09 am »

Swapped out Taunt for Torment. I confused Taunt's effect for Torment before being painfully reminded of the proper effects.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2013, 03:53:43 pm »

Swapped out Taunt for Torment. I confused Taunt's effect for Torment before being painfully reminded of the proper effects.

Given the moves name, 'painfully reminded' can be taken somewhere... normal for this community really.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2013, 03:56:13 pm »

Do I need to know? Also, 'normal' for OUR community, but not for the community for Pokemon. Unless we're going into the sicker minds of some.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2013, 06:41:49 pm »

Updated post with appearance, and probably ability.

Also, does this mean we can encounter former demon summoners? They'd probably be very powerful with their 'inside knowledge', so to speak.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2013, 10:15:59 am »

Updated post with appearance, and probably ability.

Also, does this mean we can encounter former demon summoners? They'd probably be very powerful with their 'inside knowledge', so to speak.

Chanes of that happening are extremely unlikely, as the game's starting point is set at a few centuries after the last -known- Pokemancers have, to put it lightly, joined their minions.

And damn, I'm stuck with the writing of IC thread, even if I'm at the best part of it right now.
Wish I could just make a cinematic and call it a day, but that's just straight up impossible unless I use the SFM and Pokemon models, which is kinda unlikely at this point given the fact my knowledge of using it is...
Less or equal to zero.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2013, 04:50:04 pm »

Good luck. Are... are you going to be making cinematics throughout the adventure? ...That would be awesome. 0_0

And I meant that we could encounter demons who were former summoners.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 04:52:21 pm by Inithis »

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4