Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 51

Author Topic: BM XLI: On Wings of Haven -- Scum Victory!  (Read 100208 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Behind Enemy Lines -- Experimental Setup
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2013, 11:12:57 pm »

Griffin! Be careful! You'll get torn apart if you mix up the genders here... (hides from vector)

Oh, yes.  F everyone's I, I'm a woman.  I recommend that you don't forget it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2013, 11:14:58 pm »

Griffin! Be careful! You'll get torn apart if you mix up the genders here... (hides from vector)

Oh, yes.  F everyone's I, I'm a woman.  I recommend that you don't forget it.
...I already said sorry :( ... Do you want cookies or something?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2013, 11:16:30 pm »

No, this isn't a warning for you, it's a warning for all the new folks.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2013, 11:21:54 pm »

I have one question.  Will extending a day always require four votes, regardless of how many players are in?  That would be kinda silly, especially if we got to 1 mafia and 2 town.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2013, 11:23:25 pm »

Okay, but still, take some cookies... In fact, everyone have some cookies! Cookies make everything better!

Griffin: It will lower the more players die.
[/quote]

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2013, 11:35:18 pm »

Vector, do you prefer chocolate or vanilla cake?  I'm making some preemptively for when I mess up genders farther along the road. :-\

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2013, 11:40:27 pm »

Extensions/Shortens - A player may vote for an extension to increase the length of the day. It requires >33% of the current number of players to request an extension for an extension to be granted. A player may also vote for a shorten. It requires >50% of the current number of players for a shorten to be granted. Extensions increase day length by 48 hours, while shortens will immediately end the day as soon as possible. There is no limit to the number of extensions that may be granted.
  • Votes for extension/shorten are done in boldface. Extend, Extension, Extend it up yo, Shorten it out y'all are acceptable ways to vote for an extension/shorten.
  • Extensions/shortens can be opposed by declaring opposition (Oppose Shorten/Extend, I oppose this notion!, My Oppose goes to this), and they count against the total number of votes for an extension/shorten. Extensions count as opposition to shortens and vice versa.
Please please please read the rules.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2013, 11:51:02 pm »

Urist, I'm reasonably aware of the rules, but was making sure that turiun's post about 4 votes required to extend the day only applied to the first day.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2013, 11:57:17 pm »

Feh.  I like key lime pie ._.

I'm not a massive hardass or something.  I don't mind people getting it wrong from time to time, but I'm really tired of the "why do you care that we assume you're a dude" folks.  Who may not necessarily be y'all, but "really tired" is something of an understatement.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2013, 10:29:33 am »

That is pretty tasty stuff, yo.

*steals slice*
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2013, 10:31:54 am »

Welp, looks like I just made a friend! We should eat pei together sometime... yup. Also
Okay, but still, take some cookies... In fact, everyone have some cookies! Cookies make everything better!
You know I'm going to hold this to you. This Thursday at lunch by the latest... You will be getting me cookies boy!

That is pretty tasty stuff, yo.

*steals slice*
Just saw this post. You are invited too.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BM XLI: Day 1, To Kill a Mockingbird
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2013, 10:48:02 am »

"Providence lies in Truth. In Truth, lies Freedom."

"By the names of all Gods on high, what happened here?"
"Milord, I just found it here. The body-"
"'It' is the royal messenger, boy! Call him by what honor he deserves!"
"Ahem, sorry sir. His royal body was just slumped here when I arrived-"
"Bloody nobles and their wordplay."
"-buried in a pool of blood. Cause of death seems to be a deep laceration to the jugular--he's been hit by a knife or a dagger.

"Luckily, the killer may've forgotten that the Aerie is protected by the highest magics in the land, and the most knowledgeable architects and engineers--save only for misdirection. Whomever did this would be marked until justice has been done."
"Yes, yes. And?"
"And what?"
"Give the conclusion m'boy!"
"Err, well. The only ways the mark would show are either under great stress: heightened emotions, adrenaline and all that or via great and excruciating pain. Death is a better term, but that would be too easy."

It was a sunny morning. A perfect day wherein all the land and sea around the Tower could be seen. The Aerie had been a monument to the legacy of the King, and of his people--a bastion of transport and word wherein one could travel the world, riding through the sky on heaven-bound wings.

The scene before you along with the voices coalesce into wisps of air and disperse to the winds wafting through the room from the skylights, leaving you all left in the Meeting Hall. A woman calls your attention after dispelling the illusion. She spoke in a light, yet authoritative tone.

"That is the cause of your being here. All nine of you, save myself, are the closest suspects we could find. What wasn't said was that we had found what the messenger was bearing, a missive from the King himself to some organization--we didn't look, ok, but we know that it is still with the killer, or someone deeply affected by the death. That killer, or killers if you'd really be that desperate are still nearby and we'd do all means to ascertain the innocent from the guilty."

Obviously not a native speaker of Common, but still holding the gist of authority. Most of you glance around and see others carrying the same thought. Tension was in the air as all knew the methods of the Aerie in extracting information. 'Playing' with the war griffins, 'Volunteering' for target practice, 'Cleaning' the chamber pots and 'Washing' the dishes...there was too much to think of.

"But," the woman says, "due to the recent events and the mandate of the Grand Marshall--we're not torturing any single one of you. He says that this plan is held much throughout the realm and is more...'practical' than hearing information from the tortured firsthand."

An audible sigh is heard in the crowd.

"So we're leaving you all to do it yourselves."

What.

"Do what you must, I've inscribed this here granite chessboard with a timer. When the Black King falls, let's see your verdict, people. No person may exit the hall until the game is done."

And there is was. The treasure beneath the waves. Of all people and professions gathered: guardsmen, soldiers, adventurers, farmers, merchants, bakers and the like, even the nobility wasn't held out of contempt. You had to be suspected. Of course, everyone just had to have a spare knife around, but that didn't mean people used it to kill (other people). Just for everyday work and all.

The air settles into staleness as everyone moves towards the roundest round table nearby, taking a seat and waiting for the first person to break the calm. The grating sound of a chess piece on rock resounds in the distance.

It was a Sunday.

((Two Traitors are hiding amongst you nine. Each day, you may vote off one person for the lynch through the majority.

Days come and go in 72 hours, nights take 48 hours. Weekends are not counted in the timer [and therefore act as added time in the Generic Calendar/Clock, linked in the date].

If you've any questions or things pertaining to your role, PM the Moderator [Tiruin].))

Let the Game begin.

Vote standings:

• RangerCado -
  • Griffionday -
  • Lenglon -
  • Cheesecake -
  • griffinpup -
  • Demdemeh -
  • Shinigami_King -
  • Vector -
  • Captain Ford -

Day 1 has begun and will end at May 23, 2013 [Thursday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

4 votes needed to extend the day
5 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 10:38:15 am by Tiruin »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2013, 10:50:33 am »

Go team scum!

Good luck and have fun, all involved.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2013, 11:25:57 am »

Welp, RVS go!
This is my first RVS so I hope I make you proud everyone!

RangerCado- I'm sure you are aware of my prevalent intelligence IRL. How do you feel about going up against me in this game of mafia?
Griffionday- It is Mylo, you have two suspects and one person you trust. You have less information on the one who is an IC and more scumtells on the non IC. What actions do you take? (Yes I am using the same situation I was in in my last game)
Lenglon- You are now officially scum  :P Your intelligence is a great asset. Who will you use it in this RVS?
Cheesecake- Have you read any other games. What is your preferred play style.
Griffinpup- who do you see as a formidable adversary? Why? (This is based off of RVS Q&A and pregame comments so there isn't much to go on.)
Demdemeh- You are scum and your scumbuddy is alive. Everyone is pointing their FOS at you. How do you get out of your sticky situation?

I wont be able to post again until around 4-5 PST due to work. Until then Ciao~
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2013, 11:32:31 am »

Lets get the ball rolling!

Shinigami: Your the cop and its mylo. You know who the last scum is but they've been everyones top town pick for the whole game. How would you convince everyone to lynch him?

Ford: Who of the non-IC players do you think would pose the biggest threat to town if they were scum?

Griffon(griffonpup): What would your preferred role be as Town? How about mafia?

Vector: Same question as Ford.

Griff(griffionday): Its the night before mylo and your the cop. You've confirmed a townie night one but were blocked night two, with your last target dying night 3. Your possible targets are a rather aggressive yet stubborn player who placed the second vote of 4 on the mafia lynch, and a quiet player who opposed the lynching of the mafia player before flip, but has made solid cases across the board. Who do you inspect why?

Lenglon: Which IC would you be afraid of if they were scum? Why?

Cheesecake: Which IC would you prefer for a scum buddy? How about non-IC?

more later, leaving for church right now.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 51