Haspen
- 12 (30.8%)
IWBTG
- 9 (23.1%)
I'm scared
- 9 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC: Over and out  (Read 46775 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC Thread
« Reply #466 on: June 23, 2013, 05:53:17 pm »

clap, clap, cla *gets squashed by giant foot*

Dwarmin complained about his usefulness, so this is basically Bethany's time to shine (she is, after all, the only flying member of the team). Everyone else is going to have to deal with the frustrating pit mazes manually.

Eh, I knew I wasn't making the most useful character I could have when I did so. A boo-archer or a boo-ninja would have been much more appropriate. Even a boo-cowboy...cowboo? :P

But, I like my char thematically enough I don't mind. A Koopa cleric/melee wasn't very optimized either.

I'm just looking for my niche, which is so far flying around and wailing on things with my puny swords, hoping for a crit. If anything, most of my skills seem to help other people shine-spike damage from crits, spread out AOE damage from bombs and SPI lowering ghastly slash allowing people to get killing blows. Which I suppose is very boolike.

It's an odd position I chose. Very flimsy defense wise, poor damage (for now), but very good battlefield movement and damage utility. Since I'm usually thinking of things in the 'holy trinity' style or tank/damage/heals I don't know where I fit in yet. Something like a debuffer, I'd guess.

Edit: Also, I know we're all 'waiting for buffs' in actions but Teresa should really attack this turn, and help us finish off the two boo mages.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 05:55:29 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 23, 2013, 06:09:55 pm »

It's an odd position I chose. Very flimsy defense wise, poor damage (for now), but very good battlefield movement and damage utility. Since I'm usually thinking of things in the 'holy trinity' style or tank/damage/heals I don't know where I fit in yet. Something like a debuffer, I'd guess.

I don't think that has as large of a place in this game as in a traditional MMORPG or even games like FEF. Due to the small player count and large amount of abilities for each player, each person fills two or more very specialized roles.

Ochita: Hindering enemy movement, primarily (we'll start to see more of this as Ochita will be the first to get major terrain-changing abilities). You could class this under "controller" but it doesn't really fill out the rest of the traditional Controller role. She's also a backup healer.
Vilhelmas: All-or-nothing, costly destruction. Even if he traded his mace off for some other weapon, he's going see his first Proficiency skill earlier than anyone else in the game (even Teressa and Inezach), and he'll still have fireballs. This alone elevates him to the team's best melee fighter.
Boothany: I want to call her the "shake things up" role. Doesn't really fit any of the traditional roles because her niche is, essentially, ruining my plans as a GM :P Boo Bomb in particular as she learns more of those.
Teressa: Not really a tank but more of a Buff Paladin. Her gimmick is very similar to Vilhelmas, but she's more oriented around boost-then-battle skills than just rushing in and hitting things. Due to the way Zako described her skillsets, she'll be the first to get a Finale ability (I don't remember if we got to any true Finales in the old MKW, and I know that the spinoff game had them but didn't see them used before its death).
Tanky: Probably the most traditional role other than Vilhelmas. Aside from shooting things until they die, he'll be the first after Ochita to get any mod skills (if he chooses).
Inezach: Really a jack of all trades at this point, his shtick as a speedy tactician is ruining the normal enemy tactics that are going to screw you guys over more and more (even in this dungeon).

Of course, the whole point of having every Ability Path give you options every other level is that you have a little leeway in how to build your character even after they're built.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 06:28:49 pm by freeformschooler »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 23, 2013, 06:24:05 pm »

I enjoyed the Mario Python sketch.

And it seems that Boothany has the best skillset.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 23, 2013, 09:52:42 pm »

Very well done.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surreal_humour
I added that last bit out of respect for Monty Python; their humour was good because it was SO FLIPPING RANDOM. Quoting them verbatim seems to detract from the art, if you'll excuse the fancy-pantsyness of my saying that.

Also, the Gaggle of Geese thing is a callback to the funniest moment of SMRPG, which will always have a special place in my heart for being literally the only piece of comedy to ever make me literally ROFL. I actually fell out of my chair laughing the first time I saw it. Admittedly I was like 8 years old at the time, but still.

On a game-mechanics note, am I able to jump at all? Or do I have to wait until lvl 3 and use my Action to fly?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:55:12 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 23, 2013, 10:31:40 pm »

* Taricus checks the map in the IC thread.

Welp, nice knowing you guys, you're going to be slaughtered. (Hint: Look one tile north of Boo D, then DISPAAAAAIR!)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 23, 2013, 10:33:31 pm »

I had actually pointed that out a while ago, funny enough. Although, er, I had mistakenly thought the Boo was another Fuzzy somehow... But yeah, don't step on that, who knows what it could do, its probably a trap.

...Or a trick to make you think its trapped but actually not, and the actual trap is right beside it.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 23, 2013, 10:34:31 pm »

Re jumping, that's another one of those really weird map things that doesn't make sense in a 1:1 map, but no, you cannae do that yet

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 23, 2013, 10:35:55 pm »

I want to make about Boo D.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 23, 2013, 10:50:03 pm »

I want to make about Boo D.

Not sure if autocorrect.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 23, 2013, 10:51:03 pm »

Have you said boo and D quickly?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 23, 2013, 10:53:01 pm »

Oh.

Personally I think no one making comments on Boo B shows top notch restraint.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 23, 2013, 10:58:11 pm »

It's really bad for because I like tumblr and currently there are two jokes that revolves around booty.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 23, 2013, 11:14:44 pm »

I'll just leave this video here.

On topic, I forget... do we use communal exp, or individually allocated exp?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 23, 2013, 11:15:13 pm »

Oh.

Personally I think no one making comments on Boo B shows top notch restraint.

We wouldn't sink to that level.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38