Haspen
- 12 (30.8%)
IWBTG
- 9 (23.1%)
I'm scared
- 9 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC: Over and out  (Read 46801 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC Thread
« Reply #450 on: June 22, 2013, 09:41:29 pm »

I still think dropping a boo bomb on them is a good idea. And it's simple.
Well, yes, but if Boothany keeps using bombs the ability's getting nerfed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 23, 2013, 02:16:04 am »

I can only drop one boo-bomb atm before not having enough SP for another :P

Not sure about the recharge of skill points out of combat, but I doubt that'd be viable in enough time for even the fuzzies to figure out a way to attack me.

That said, sure, I could take out a good amount of them. But without a BIGGER BOOM, it's not nearly enough.

Would rather not send the game into Thermopylae mode, where FFS throws ten thousand fuzzies at us through a narrow hallway and tells us to survive twenty turns.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:17:37 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 23, 2013, 02:26:52 am »

Can't believe I almost missed a chance to steal one of the eternal torches from the wall :P

Subverting nintendo logic=win.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 23, 2013, 02:38:43 am »

I can only drop one boo-bomb atm before not having enough SP for another :P

Not sure about the recharge of skill points out of combat, but I doubt that'd be viable in enough time for even the fuzzies to figure out a way to attack me.

That said, sure, I could take out a good amount of them. But without a BIGGER BOOM, it's not nearly enough.

Would rather not send the game into Thermopylae mode, where FFS throws ten thousand fuzzies at us through a narrow hallway and tells us to survive twenty turns.

I would have to invent several new alphabets to represent all the enemy fuzzies

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 23, 2013, 02:55:09 am »

@FFS: It's not like you'd have to roll anything! Just do a quick epilogue.

"You guys attack the fuzzy army...

...you die. Thousands of yelling, screaming, bloodsucking fuzzies drown over you in a black wave-though you die valiantly, it is ultimately a hopeless effort. Boogly is overjoyed, and calls up Bowser before going to burn and pillage the innocent flower people who were brave enough to try and help you. King Bowser himself laughs and laughs, taunting the princess from her cage that her favorite heroes died painfully. Then he levels a few boo-houses, just to get back at Boothany in particular, who cries and cries long into her afterafter life. Noone else will ever know exactly of your ignominious deaths, but the Mushroom Kingdom will mourn your loss and hope that perhaps stronger, more intelligent heroes will succeed where you so obviously failed...but their hopes are in vain, for Bowsers victory will be utter and complete, plunging the lands into a second dark age of scaly, fire breathing reptilian rule.

For a thousand thousand years your names will be whispered as the ones who could have stopped this calamity, but failed to even conquer the first dungeon. Your family and their descendants unto the next dozens of generations will be reviled and cursed, and your names becoming commonly synonymous with 'failure', and 'ineptitude' and a variety of painful and humiliating diseases-such as Teresa's Warts, Ochitafoot and Tankyrash.

Game over.

Waitlist, ready?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 23, 2013, 08:43:13 am »

I not going to say that I wouldn't mind that, but...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 23, 2013, 08:46:31 am »

It wouldn't be that bad.

There's waitlisting heroes, so the first group would just be an interesting historical sidenote to be turned into a historical comedy several decades down the line.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 23, 2013, 08:49:05 am »

I'm now trying to think of what a Monty Python sketch in the Mario world would look like.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 23, 2013, 02:31:13 pm »

IT'S DUNGEON TIME

I am attempting, with this dungeon, to solve some of the qualms about the game so far.

Shoruke wanted bigger combat maps and more options in them, so I made the map a lot larger. I also jam-packed it with horrible enemies in every corner so you guys will have plenty of options for approaching them!
Dwarmin complained about his usefulness, so this is basically Bethany's time to shine (she is, after all, the only flying member of the team). Everyone else is going to have to deal with the frustrating pit mazes manually.

There's treasure to be gained, too. Just for the sake of balance, I made sure to put the best treasures behind enemies that can OHKO most of the team.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 23, 2013, 02:34:23 pm »

Hm... Wonder what that face means on the floor tile between the two green fuzzies? Best not step in it, all the same, might be a trap.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 23, 2013, 03:28:24 pm »

I'm now trying to think of what a Monty Python sketch in the Mario world would look like.

Spoiler: you asked (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 03:38:41 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 23, 2013, 03:30:31 pm »

*Clap, clap*

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 23, 2013, 03:38:13 pm »