Haspen
- 12 (30.8%)
IWBTG
- 9 (23.1%)
I'm scared
- 9 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38

Author Topic: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC: Over and out  (Read 46825 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (RPG) Mushroom Kingdom Wars: Second Story OOC Thread
« Reply #315 on: June 11, 2013, 08:21:47 am »

Since I'm worthless here anyway, I might as well. Doubt he'll take the bait, but who knows.

I'll have 3 HP after his attack anyway.

Done.

Whatever. Maybe I'll die and you guys can have a useful char on the team. <_<

DWARMIN

You are doing the math wrong. I let it go the first time. But no complaining about being useless if you not only can't count but then use your faulty math as a basis for idling away the battle. Let's look at some examples that could have happened.

Quote from: Bethany vs ANY of the black fuzzies on the first turn, no CTs
Hit%: 100+10-6. Autohit.
Fuzzy takes 3+4-2=5 damage!

Boom, dead. Why don't we look at what would have happened if, on THIS turn, you had decided to attack the newly-accessible Fuzzy H.

Quote from: Bethany vs Fuzzy H, no CT

Boom, OHKO. Cool, huh? Now let's look at what would have happened if Bethany had gone after one of the Green Fuzzies on the first turn.

Quote from: Bethany vs Green Fuzzy B
Hit%: 100+10-10. Autohit..
Green Fuzzy B takes 3+4-4=3 damage!
Hit%: 100+10-10. Autohit.

So no instakill, but most of the team couldn't instakill them either. This doesn't even take into account that you have a 15% crit rate and it's rolled twice every time you attack. If you had gotten a crit on that at all:

Quote from: Bethany vs ANY Green Fuzzy B
Heroic Hit roll: 13. HEROIC HIT!
Fuzzy takes (3+4)*2-3=11 damage!

Boom, instakill. I'm not sure what exactly you're upset about >_>
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 09:32:31 am by freeformschooler »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 11, 2013, 09:05:14 am »

@FFS: Am I thinking this too much in Fire Emblem game terms? I automatically assumed that one always wielded at least one weapon in hand in defense, and that would count for that typing against attacks...not that you had to strike with that weapon for your typing to count...dang.

I didn't do my math wrong, but I did misunderstand that rule horribly. Sorry, FFS.

Uh, I'm going to hate myself some more now. I always mess everything up.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 11, 2013, 09:10:22 am »

Dude, at least you get these rules. I'm like:

See bad dudes
Look at my position and my buddies positions
Decide between buff allies or melee some dude
Do action

And I have no idea on how these rolls work, other than I need to get equal or less on my hit to actually hit something. WHERE DO ALL THESE BONUS' AND PENALTIES COME FROM?!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 11, 2013, 09:31:01 am »

@FFS: Am I thinking this too much in Fire Emblem game terms? I automatically assumed that one always wielded at least one weapon in hand in defense, and that would count for that typing against attacks...not that you had to strike with that weapon for your typing to count...dang.

I didn't do my math wrong, but I did misunderstand that rule horribly. Sorry, FFS.

My apologies if the CT system wasn't clear, it's explained in detail in the Types spoiler in the OP.

One thing you were right about is that, with an active CT, you can't instakill a Black Fuzzy. You can only do six damage total to it (and probably miss once). HOWEVER! Let's say that, after Vilhelmas attacks this turn, instead of attacking the southmost Fuzzy, you float over to Vil and trade for his heavy mace. Let's then also say that a Fuzzy with an Active CT comes within range next turn. You attack, and behold:

Quote from: Boothany with Heavy Mace vs Fuzzy with active CT
Hit%: 100-15-10+30. Autohit!
Green Fuzzy takes 3+9+2-2=12 damage!

Plus, then Vilhelm gets to double attack, albeit with a slight disadvantage :P Just try to think about these things instead of going for outright suicide.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 11, 2013, 09:33:39 am »

Well should I bother changing my turn or have you already written it up?

I don't want to hold it up any longer than I already have.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 11, 2013, 09:34:48 am »

Well should I bother changing my turn or have you already written it up?

I don't want to hold it up any longer than I already have.

Just so that you have time to change your turn if you want, I'm going to commit to finishing the next turn within an hour, causing it to be delayed until Friday :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 11, 2013, 09:51:36 am »

I'm feeling pretty bad, I like I don't even know if you're joking or not. I need to go lie down a bit...

Modded turn, kept original orders just in case.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 11, 2013, 09:57:49 am »

It's just a game dude, no need to get depressed/emotional over it. That's why I called you out in the first place, you were acting like you were totally useless and being super unnecessarily depressed over it. Then again, last time I told Dex that a forum game he ran was "just a game," he got really mad at me... I think you're more rational than that :P

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 11, 2013, 10:22:53 am »

'Tis true, just a game. One cannot expect to always be completely useful, there will always be instances of the wizard out of spells, the warrior out of stamina, the rogue out of guile. Just look for opportunities to exploit when they come around, things never stay one-sided against you if you look out for them.

Take Powder's character Alex in another game, physical units can barely hurt him but he crumples like paper to magic. Just all about working that advantage when you got it, and lessening the disadvantage when its upon you. For instance, you're one of the fastest characters who can pass through almost anything due to flying, you'd be a top notch healer if the chips are down and there's not much else to do.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 11, 2013, 10:52:19 am »

Yeah man, don't get so down on yourself. I mean, look at me. I did my role this whole game and I got my ass handed to me both times! You got the most manoeuvrability and flexibility of the lot of us, as I see it. More than anyone, you can pick off those weak, soft targets that hang around at the back and edges of a group of enemies (enemy wizards come to mind).

So you definitely have a place, and a pretty useful and important one too. Not to mention you attack twice in one go, which means double the chance for a heroic hit and even the chance for a double heroic hit, which none of us can do.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 11, 2013, 11:03:16 am »

See you are useful!  :D

Dammit I wanted to play.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 11, 2013, 03:25:07 pm »

Vilhelmas and Teressa cannot both move to 9,9.

Also, trading is a free action, but Teressa will have to move 1 south to get the Mushroom from Inezach, so she won't be able to Battle Cry or go to 9,9 anyway.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:27:07 pm by freeformschooler »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 11, 2013, 05:14:21 pm »

so therefore I go to 9, 9 right :)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 11, 2013, 06:04:29 pm »

Vilhelmas and Teressa cannot both move to 9,9.
Why do people keep doing that?
Of course, if I ever get in I'll probably do the same thing...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 11, 2013, 07:14:31 pm »

My guess is one person specifies coordinates, another moves like three left and some down. Neither see the other as being in the same place.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38