Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Rebellion {Suggestion Game}  (Read 1742 times)

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Rebellion {Suggestion Game}
« on: May 15, 2013, 06:04:45 pm »

Hey Bay 12'ers im fairly new here. But I was struck by a Idea for a fairly interesting for a suggestion game. Yor goal will be to overthrow the kingdom of man and free your people. Each player will be allowed to make one suggestion per turn the suggestions must be in Bold and each player gets two votes per turn that must also be in Bold.  I will try to update every other day so ill be on with it in.

Setting
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Character Sheet
Name:
Race: ( Dwarf, Koblod, Ogre, or lower class human )
Sex:
Political view: ( What platform are you running your Rebellion on i.e. Communism, Nationalism, etc..... )
Labor attachment: ( Where you work Forges, Mines, Refuse processing, Mushroom farming, etc..... )
Back ground: (Reason for Rebellion)

« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 06:15:51 pm by cheesemcmuffin88 »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: The Rebellion
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 06:07:07 pm »

I'd like to reserve a spot.
Disregard this.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 06:34:55 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 06:13:54 pm »

Actually man this is a suggestion game and you all are supposed to make sheets to be voted on its not a RPG style game at least not this time i dont fill i can really manage it

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 06:17:37 pm »

Name: Fale
Race: Kobold
Sex: F
Political view: Monarchist
Labor attachment: Hired hand
Background: She would have likely been given a crossbow, and set at post for some adventurer to slaughter, had it not been for her ambitions. For millennia, the kobolds have been looked down upon as skulking filth, nothing but a nuisance, training fodder for new adventurers. Fale sought to change this, to prove once and for all that kobolds are a formidible race and deserve respect. She sought to do this diplomatically, to prove that kobolds were not stupid and malicious, and in preparing for this persuit, she had spent time putting her mind to use, learning the language of the main civilizations as best as she could.

These ambitions were not strong enough at first, they would have been lost. But, on the 3rd of Granite, 130, before she had begun any training at all, a dwarven adventurer came in and slaughtered everyone in the entire cave, including all of Fale's family. She fled the cave, escaping with her life, but that was the only thing she had escaped with.
shamelessly ripped from Kobold's Quest

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rebellion {Suggestion Game}
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 06:34:59 pm »

Reserved, sheet coming up.

Name : Mulled Meadenbarrel.
Race : Dark Dwarf. ( It's a dwarf he just has black skin and black eyes, think of it as the 1 in 1000 genetic freak of the species. )
Sex : Male
Political view : Meritocracy
Labor attachment : Military forge ( Weapons and Armor. )
Background : Mulled is a simple man, he was born strange and used that strangeness to attract attention amongst his own people and over time developed a following amongst them.
Because of this the humans stamped down on him and took him from his quiet life and forced him into the forges putting his dwarven skills to use arming them so they can take more land from the few races still fighting them and so Mulled decided it was time he put those same skills to better use.
He would use them to craft the best weapons ever seen on this world and then with them he would arm his people and fight for his freedom.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 06:45:07 pm by Brood »

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 06:42:41 pm »

Dammit, I once had an idea for this, (never acted on it though)

Name: Dorald
Race: Human
Sex: M
Political view: Elective Monarchy (ie, king is elected then rules for life)
Labour attachment: Ex-owner of large iron ore mine, now a simple labourer
Background: He had lived in a monarchy where the corrupt upper families constantly destroyed his businesses over and over, businesses he built from scratch. His parents were reasonably wealthy with small holdings, but he had brought them to greatness. A massive human supremacist, he finds the treatment of the conquered to be not enough, wishing them eradicated, or at least in total slavery as they take away the jobs of lower class human. After his most recent collapse under government pressure he decided that enough is enough, and now he wants to bring down this system of old families, and bring out a power where the strong willed rule, and the weak crumble. The old families will crumble under his iron fist
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 07:26:48 pm »

Name: Geran Strongback
Race: Ogre
Sex: Male
Political view: Constitutional Monarchy(ish)
Labor attachment: Manual Laborer
Back ground: Geran always was smart for an Ogre. Or to be exact, he was just as smart as the others, but a bit more crafty in how he applied his intellect. Now, Ogres are by no means dumb- they're just as smart as humans. However, Geran was smart enought to realize that if he protected the Elven agents planted deep within society, he could gain help from the outside. Now, what reason would he have to rebel?Oh, nothing, simply the fact that he realizes just how badly he and his kin are treated, and wants better than that. Wants it bad enough to fight for it, and to let nothing get in his way.

His name is human- they didn't realize him for the threat he can be.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 07:31:29 pm »

Wow such a positive reception here im surprised so right now we have four sheets one for each race im going to ask people to vote for Character sheets now instead of posting new ones although i wont stop you.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 07:34:43 pm »

Reserved, sheet coming up.

Name : Mulled Meadenbarrel.
Race : Dark Dwarf. ( It's a dwarf he just has black skin and black eyes, think of it as the 1 in 1000 genetic freak of the species. )
Sex : Male
Political view : Meritocracy
Labor attachment : Military forge ( Weapons and Armor. )
Background : Mulled is a simple man, he was born strange and used that strangeness to attract attention amongst his own people and over time developed a following amongst them.
Because of this the humans stamped down on him and took him from his quiet life and forced him into the forges putting his dwarven skills to use arming them so they can take more land from the few races still fighting them and so Mulled decided it was time he put those same skills to better use.
He would use them to craft the best weapons ever seen on this world and then with them he would arm his people and fight for his freedom.

Dwarfs are well. Dwarfs. So +1.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 08:10:59 pm »

Name:  Korgoth
Race: Ogre
Political view: Undecided at the moment.  Anything is better then what the filthy humans have up.
Labor attachment: Crime Lord
Background: Korgoth grew up in the mountains of Falhala.  He was the firstborn son the the war chief, only seven, but destined for greatness.  At least, until the humans came.  Their cursed ships rained fire onto his village, killing the majority of his clan.  The rest were rounded up, forced to work in the mines for what seemed like eternity.  After twelve years of grueling labor and watching the rest of his clan slowly die around him, they were sent off to Metallia Takoa, to build weapons of destruction, used to subjugate more of his diminishing race.  It was shortly after this that Korgoth landed his first kill.
There was a traitorous ogre by the name of Baldash who was paid by the humans to keep peace in Kolgoth's factory.  One day, this soulless barbarian struck Korgoth's younger brother with his cudgel for talking back to him as he stalked through their factory.  The blow knocked him down and shattered his jaw.  Kolgoth immediately grabbed the cylinder of metal he was working on and stabbed it through Baldash's skull.  The factory rose in uproar, not over Baldash's death, but in support and with  Korgoth, slaughtering the factory attendants.  As the imperial's crack troops descended onto the factory, Korgoth escaped with his younger brother, making it into the snakes pit of thieves and cutthroats in the lower slums.  There, with his now mute brother, he made a band of thugs and criminals, until they controlled most of the illegal drugs, prostitution, weapons, and information in the city.  Now, it's time to strike back.  Korgoth has never forgotten what happened to his tribe, and has the chance to ruin the people that ordered that command.  There's now way he'll let this opportunity slip now.

And I would of merely voted, but I already wrote this before you posted.  Sorry :-)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 08:40:24 pm by griffinpup »

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 10:11:00 pm »

Dammit, I once had an idea for this, (never acted on it though)

Name: Dorald
Race: Human
Political view: Elective Monarchy (ie, king is elected then rules for life)
Labour attachment: Ex-owner of large iron ore mine, now a simple labourer
Background: He had lived in a monarchy where the corrupt upper families constantly destroyed his businesses over and over, businesses he built from scratch. His parents were reasonably wealthy with small holdings, but he had brought them to greatness. A massive human supremacist, he finds the treatment of the conquered to be not enough, wishing them eradicated, or at least in total slavery as they take away the jobs of lower class human. After his most recent collapse under government pressure he decided that enough is enough, and now he wants to bring down this system of old families, and bring out a power where the strong willed rule, and the weak crumble. The old families will crumble under his iron fist
+1, as mine was going to be somewhat similar to this one.

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 07:33:50 pm »

Ok so we have a tied vote here just need a tie breaker and i will wright up the first turn

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 07:56:01 pm »

+ 1 human guy, if no one likes mine  :-\

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 08:02:10 pm »

I prefer Korgoth

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2013, 08:07:25 pm »

Ok so the humans winning i will let the vote go on for another hour and start the wright up if not tonight it will be up tommorow
Pages: [1] 2 3