Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Rebellion {Suggestion Game}  (Read 1735 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Rebellion {Suggestion Game}
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2013, 09:23:01 pm »

He was a lower class citizen who worked himself to power, after gaining a small holding from his parents, who were also lower class citizens, and then got ground to dust, Also Napoleon was brought into a position of power by an election, but he seized total power through a coup, well known fact, get it right.

And I don't contradict myself, he lost all his power to the upper classes, that was just an argument about how if he did have power he could still be of help. The whole reason he is launching this rebellion is that his chance to gain power fairly was crushed by the upper houses. By the NOBLES

I can understand arguments about which system is better, and I can take complaints and misunderstandings, but do NOT try to twist my own words in your favour.

Also in a world were the humans dominate the world, explain to me how an Ogre manages to get to any power, even in crime, to gain a criminal empire implies that you have money beforehand, and your story claims he had nothing but his younger brother, so how did he start his first business? I don't think he stole that money since he is and ogre, and it would be hard for an ogre in a human dominated world to be inconspicuous, hmm?

Give up this clearly lost cause already

First, a history lesson.  Napoleon was a lower-class citizen, apparently just like your character, and surprisingly resourceful.  He joined the military, and shortly thereafter a rebellion ensued, with him taking little to no part in.  He actually nearly got lynched himself.  After that, he made his way up the military ladder, now with voracious spots to be filled.  He eventually made it to big bad A general, war hero, and role model.  A member on the council, the current government, saw him as a must have for the coup, he planned.  Napoleon went along with it, but then staged a coup within a coup, securing power for himself.  The public was ecstatic, and he became dictator.  Notice the coup before the dictatorship, but also public opinion favoring him for his whole life.  He didn't get elected then seize power.  He merely seized power, and everyone was ok with it.  I know the facts, and i got them right.  He still is a good parallel, considering that your proposal involves mobilizing a minority, and a large scale uprising would be a total failure in that situation.  A coup would be an accepted alternative.  Napoleon also had complete power, which your democratic dictatorship, er... Cough cough, democratic monarchy would possess.  He was also low born, another parallel.  There weren't even 'castes' in his kingdom.  I would say that Napoleon is a great example.

I do understand your clarification about the lower class and power statement now, I appreciate it.  Your first statement was fairly ambiguous, so having it cleared up is nice.

And about your discussion of my character, I could justify and explain how it could all work, but I'd rather not.  The main point is that there's more alternatives then just my guy.  If you'll notice, by last post I actually suggested another character, not my own.  Frankly, I'm not sure why you brought it up. 

I do realize that you don't like your character and choices questioned, and I apologize for that, but I wanted more information on your character, and the overall flow of how the suggestion game would take if your character was chosen.  Your description was short and concise, with me wanting to know more.

P.S.  I wasn't going to say anything, but two ogres could be quite a mugging team.  Just saying.

P.P.S. This was written before Mr. Cheesymcmuffin's post

Looks like you'll find out how you make money from nowhere Deny!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:36:52 pm by griffinpup »

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2013, 09:27:11 pm »

Building a way to overthrow the government is more fun then having one handed to you?
Well then im going with Korgath because i really like where we can take his story

Hey guys had to move Korgath back a little bit in his time line here suggest away.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2013, 09:36:04 pm »

First off, wow Cheese, just wow

Second off, if that's what you believe Griffin, then why did you bring the whole napoleon story up, if he didn't get elected at all in your opinion

Third off, don't try to tech me history, Napoleon was elected to power in the triad council by a larger council

Fourth off, where did the Caste talk come from?

Fifth off, if you want more information on a character, then ask a question, don't just poke holes in his story

Sixth off, Two ogres can be very good thieves, and they can very easily escape and hide from guards too (Sarcasm)
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2013, 09:37:55 pm »

?????? What did I do  :o

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2013, 09:40:03 pm »

Could you give me a link about napolean's election?  Can't seem to find one.  My point was that he was popularly approved of, if not formally elected.

Also.  Cool off bro.  ;)

Edit:  I also disagreed flat out with having a human main character, so that's why it seemed like I was 'poking holes' in your character.  Sorry:-/

The caste statement was from my confusion about your character being lower class and still having power.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 09:52:58 pm by griffinpup »

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2013, 09:51:51 pm »

I'm not about to waste time in what will clearly be a pointless endeavour

Your arguments for caste makes no sense

Cheese, you went against popular opinion in a suggestion game, indicating future railroading, and as a result, do not expect any more posts from me in this thread
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2013, 09:58:41 pm »

Well can we stop this argument and get with the game guys i enjoy debate but now its just getting crazy so can we stop it.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2013, 10:08:48 pm »

I'm not about to waste time in what will clearly be a pointless endeavour

Your arguments for caste makes no sense

Cheese, you went against popular opinion in a suggestion game, indicating future railroading, and as a result, do not expect any more posts from me in this thread

Is that your way of saying you couldn't find a website lol?  And I didn't make any arguments for caste, so no wonder they're confusing.  Anyways, I'll miss your well mannered speech, ability to compromise, the polite way you explain your opinion, and the way you never avoid questions you don't want to answer.

And I agree completely, cheesy.  We should be done.  I've been trying to wind down fr a few posts, but this will be the last of it, I swear.
Pages: 1 2 [3]