Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Furries  (Read 28819 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Furries
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2013, 11:17:39 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There's a much bigger problem with this image than the cat features.
Shoes...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2013, 11:19:01 am »

Only if you have a problem with what's probably a cat dude in a dress :P

E: Well, unless it's an apparent age thing. That could be an issue, too. I barely even notice half the time anymore :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2013, 11:23:51 am »

I'm a little surprised this thread is still open after 9 pages.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2013, 11:24:52 am »

Well... its not on fire...  but...  derails, where can it end up?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2013, 11:25:35 am »

But it's already doused in gasoline v:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2013, 11:26:00 am »

Oh please, any of the politics threads have gotten more heated than this so far :P

As long as things remain civil and people don't spam NSFW content, why close it?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2013, 11:27:55 am »

Would any of this happen without the internet? I'm talking the furry thing. Beastiality is beastality in my book, no matter if it's anime or whatever. Just makes me wonder if 'Furry's are just attracted to cat ears and furry girls as opposed to actual horses.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2013, 11:29:43 am »

Not just would, but did. You really think totemic or animistic worship in ye' olden days were horribly distanced from this sort of stuff? You damn sure better believe there was probably folks that wanted to go down on Anubis or whatev'.

The discussion itself was probably less likely to occur, though, yeah.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2013, 11:31:13 am »

But it's already doused in gasoline v:

We're a strange lot like that. If it's soaked in gasoline and sitting right next to an unoccupied blowtorch, we don't fucking touch it, but if it's something that would logically be a fire-retardant, we do it like they do on the discovery channel
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2013, 11:31:29 am »

Not just would, but did. You really think totemic or animistic worship in ye' olden days were horrible distanced from this sort of stuff?

There's a big difference between wanting to bang an anime cat [with drawn human features, and human hair] and a real horse. I havne't found many furries who profess to like both, is my point. Dunno. Maybe a fantasy since they cannot take the step to real beastiality? Which is fine in my book.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:33:57 am by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2013, 11:35:52 am »

I find it /really/ boring that the nature of this thread is receiving conversation.
Bay12 pushed self into fruit math. Tuck Lion was just the mechanism for bay12's latent fruit-math fetish.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2013, 11:37:42 am »

This is funny and relevant.  The internet is full of hugboxes, and nearly any strange notion you pick up has a community of like-minded people who will validate and reinforce it.  I'm sure the past had people who wished they could be animals, or at least people with animal features, but the internet is what allows a deviant fascination to turn into a totalizing deviant lifestyle.
Shoes...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2013, 11:39:11 am »

Huh. I always assumed that furries specificially refered to the fetish of the whole thing. People who just liked animal-people are just people who liked animal people. The more you know... Though either way I can't really condemn furries. Glass houses and all that jazz (Lord knows I've picked up some weird stuff from the internet).

With the costumes, though, the latter two just... not sure, didn't do much for me? One of those, "Iffin' dat's yer kink, go for it." things, I guess? Now, one of the other things I've seen on that end of the extreme involve very impressive body paint and varying accessories and... that gets kinda' nice. Problem for me with the fursuits is less the sentiment or the style itself and more how they fit, really. Gimme' skin tight or body mods (though we haven't really reached that point in terms of technology, yet.) and we're talkin'.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. The fursuits are less creepy and more ugly to me, which is a big no-no.

FAKE-EDIT: 9 replies already.

I find it /really/ boring that the nature of this thread is receiving conversation.

Huh? Can you elaborate? I don't think I understand.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2013, 11:41:19 am »

He means it's boring, stupid, and annoying to derail a conversation with comments about how the conversation hasn't caused a flamewar yet.
Shoes...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 13, 2013, 11:43:57 am »

This is funny and relevant.  The internet is full of hugboxes, and nearly any strange notion you pick up has a community of like-minded people who will validate and reinforce it.  I'm sure the past had people who wished they could be animals, or at least people with animal features, but the internet is what allows a deviant fascination to turn into a totalizing deviant lifestyle.
Isn't this a good thing? "Deviant" isn't bad; it's a neutral descriptor, like "weird" or whatever. And if like minded people come together to have fun, great!

The "bad" echo chambers are the ones for racists/etc. For people who actually want to harm others. The people who just want to do their own thing, whatever it may be, so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, deserve to be left alone.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15