Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Furries  (Read 28800 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Furries
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2013, 01:24:54 am »

We share 15% or so DNA with yeast. All Earth life is genetically connected, and DNA definitely doesn't work like that.
I am bread
I'm clearly sourdough. I get more and more sour as I grow older :P

As much as I want to claim to be an Otherkin spirit of a Croissant, trapped in a human body, I can't. So instead, to deflect the topic away from bestiality (and apparently yeastiality?) has anyone else had experiences with or in the fandom they'd like to share? I think it'd be interesting to compare what I've seen with other folks. One thing I've noticed with the furry fandom is a much higher prevalence of (or at least greater degree of openness about) LGBT folks and lifestyles.

P.S. Sorry if this comes across as tasteless in context, but the current topic trend reminded me of it. And I found this pretty hilarious:
(NSFW Alert) Thanks, Smokey!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 01:27:23 am by Solifuge »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2013, 01:34:31 am »

Mine's is kinda funny in hindsight, and perfectly SFW. It was back in 2006 and I was exploring the wondrous place that was the Internet for the very first time. I began hunting for free games that I could play online with people, but I wasn't really looking for anything gameplay-heavy. Something light, you know?

And that's when I discovered Furcadia. I had never even heard of furries at that point, so when I first signed up (mainly lured by the idea that you could create your own rooms and stuff) I figured it was basically a funny animal-themed chat room. I didn't stick around long, and it wasn't for another few years that it occurred to me that it was basically a community for people who actually identified with animals.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2013, 01:34:52 am »

PTW. *hiss*
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2013, 01:37:31 am »

Only 40% of furries answered in FA's survey as being heterosexual. I mean, after all, I pushed B12 into fruit math.

My furry experience... ahh well... I was a furry well before I had -any- idea what it meant. I used to have little battle roleplays as Kyuubi from Naruto (1st season) when I first started using chatrooms, which took place on Kongregate many years ago. Those roleplays were fun, albeit terrible.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 01:42:30 am by Tuck_Lion »
Bay12 pushed self into fruit math. Tuck Lion was just the mechanism for bay12's latent fruit-math fetish.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2013, 01:50:44 am »

I think my indifference towards furries stems from the fact that Bloody Roar 2 was my favourite game growing up. The plot of the game was basically "Certain people (Zoanthropes) can transform into anthropomorphic animals. They be oppressed. Fight!"

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2013, 01:52:42 am »

I think my indifference towards furries stems from the fact that Bloody Roar 2 was my favourite game growing up. The plot of the game was basically "Certain people (Zoanthropes) can transform into anthropomorphic animals. They be oppressed. Fight!"
As someone who is a very big fan of fighting game (see my avatar), I was impressed by that intro. I think I may have played that game, but it had to have been a very long time ago.
Bay12 pushed self into fruit math. Tuck Lion was just the mechanism for bay12's latent fruit-math fetish.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2013, 01:53:17 am »

I remember hearing about that series. Never actually played it myself.

All hail the Toady One, who smites trolls with his might BanHammer +12.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:26:13 am by Sirus »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2013, 02:43:47 am »

I loved that game.  I would always just play Stun and use his haymaker over and over again, hitting the guy as soon as he stood up.  That or gut people with Bakuryu.

I used to be the yiff in hell type, but I've mellowed over the years.  I've talked to enough furries to realize that you can be an internet sharkdog and still be cool, and plus I've found so many eminently more hateable people and things on the internet that there's no hate left to spare for furries.

just kidding i am a squid on the inside and also on the internet

blub blub blub blub blub
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 03:04:50 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2013, 02:49:58 am »

Trolls? Where? Did I miss it? Was he at least humorous in the ridiculous sense? Bah. I always miss the best trolls.

Anyway, I have no issue with furries. I have my own crazy fetishes to worry about, and in that sense, if a decent-looking woman with some animal characteristics wanted to have sex, I probably would agree as long as she let me poke her nipples with needles... >.>
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2013, 02:57:34 am »

Spoiler: Re: Troll (click to show/hide)

Uh. Thanks for the mental image there >.<

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2013, 03:02:06 am »

Well for a while I thought I was a Furry because I liked anthropomorphic animal characters. (I liked to play animal characters in dungeons and dragons, I once asked a DM if I could play a sentient Horse Sorcerer. I even had the rules on how that worked)

It took a year or so until I found out "No, that isn't what people are referring to" >_>

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2013, 03:14:12 am »

So wait... Following the thread, is furryism meant to be a sexual fantasy?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2013, 03:17:16 am »

So wait... Following the thread, is furryism meant to be a sexual fantasy?

No that isn't a component, it is just the most commonly depicted version.

In a similar way to the Irish and how they are depicted on television, then they are all similar to Willie in the Simpsons.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2013, 03:18:49 am »

I thought Willie was supposed to be Scottish. Oh well.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2013, 03:20:52 am »

I'm like 90% sure Willy was Scottish.
I mean seriously, who ever heard of a tall Irishmen?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15