Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Let's Play Some X-COM Games! - Screenshot LPs  (Read 12353 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play UFO: Enemy Unknown - Semi-blind screenshot LP
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2013, 01:51:13 pm »

I didn't even know i was in this, until i died.  :P
Haha, neither did I.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2013, 04:14:04 pm »

Huh? I'm doing an LP? Oh right, I have things to do other than sit around and play Guild Wars all day...

So i keep watching that animation in the first update, and i am convinced the sectoid was just like "O Hai neighbors! I am human farmer!" or something along those lines as it walked out of the house and was shot.
That is my favorite thing to happen so far. Mainly because not only was that Gentleman Raptor's first shot of the entire mission, but it was a reaction shot, that hit from halfway across the map, and ended the mission. It's too bad she didn't survive or she would've made an excellent sniper.
Yeah, I used to be a big fan of using the HWP, not for it's heavy weapon, but just because it has heavy armour and can tank any reaction shots the aliens might have when you leave the skyranger.
Um...
can tank any reaction shots
Yeah, tell that to the tank that got one-shotted the minute it turned a corner. How the hell a Sectoid with a plasma rifle managed to do 90 points of damage in one reaction shot, and only 4 in the next, I will never know.

Update coming in the next few hours.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:16:03 pm by AlleeCat »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2013, 04:27:26 pm »

Damage variance in X-COM is between 0%-200%. So Heavy Plasma can do almost nothing to a sectoid, while plasma pistols can one-shot tanks. Of course the chance is small, but it's still there.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2013, 05:17:25 pm »

Welp, I'm dead. As a spoooky ghooost! Can I haunt the HQ now?
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2013, 05:40:41 pm »

Damage variance in X-COM is between 0%-200%. So Heavy Plasma can do almost nothing to a sectoid, while plasma pistols can one-shot tanks. Of course the chance is small, but it's still there.

Hahahahahahahahahaha-

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2013, 05:51:07 pm »

[PERSONAL LOG - CMD ROBINSON - 24/3/1999 - 0100 HRS]
So it's been almost three months. Things are going better than expected in our little ragtag group of government-funded misfits.
Honestly I expected most of us to be dead already, but that tenacity us humans are so famous for has been showing through in a lot of ways.
The boys in the lab have been hard at work. They've come up with some laser weaponry that we've been putting to good use on the field, and they've even been doing some research on some of those alloys we've been finding.

On the front lines, things have been going remarkably well. We actually managed to capture a downed UFO with no friendly casualties whatsoever, which is surprising, seeing as how we lost half the squad the last two times.

This "Burnt Pies" fellow seems to be standing out in terms of performance, so I've decided to promote him to Captain. Let's hope he doesn't squander it.
Unfortunately, several UFOs have been escaping us, and Australia seems to be complaining about a lack of protection. When we branch out, i think that's going to be the first location for a new base.

All in all, though, This has been a very successful couple of months, I'm quite pr--
(alarms blaring)
What the hell is that?

[END]
Alright guys, terror missions are huge. That's why this update is kind of short. I'll be doing the whole terror mission as one big update tomorrow.

Spoiler: Roster (click to show/hide)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2013, 06:00:55 pm »

John Bridger...

I think I have multiple personalities.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 06:02:35 pm by Remuthra »

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2013, 07:26:52 pm »

Bloody alliums have been landing in Adelaide destroying our beer supplies.   RRRAAAAAAAH!!!
Make us a base, you bastard, and scare the mongrels to Canberra where they can do some accidental good for the country.

Oh, and by the way, we're cutting back on your bar tab.

{Suggestion with the Roster: Split it into two parts; the living and the dead.}
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 07:39:19 pm by Darkening Kaos »
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2013, 08:09:59 pm »

"Naturally my ability to juggle grenades was sufficient to warrant a well-deserved promotion and pay raise."

It's a shame that vanilla HI-EX isn't powerful enough to breach UFO hulls. That was one of the best aspects of TTS.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2013, 08:34:34 pm »

That's why I love blaster bombs.  One breaches a hole in the hull, and the other goes through the hole to blow apart the UFO from the inside. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2013, 08:43:21 pm »

But then you dont get the delicious Elerium-115

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2013, 08:46:37 pm »

That's why I love blaster bombs.  One breaches a hole in the hull, and the other goes through the hole to blow apart the UFO from the inside.
Blaster bombs are incredibly useful, so long as it's you who use them. Thank god the aliens haven't figured out how to launch them up and then down onto soldier's heads.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2013, 09:28:39 pm »

Blaster bombs are incredibly useful, so long as it's you who use them. Thank god the aliens haven't figured out how to launch them up and then down onto soldier's heads.
Just imagine if they learned to shoot INTO the skyranger
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2013, 11:08:02 pm »

Just imagine if they learned to shoot INTO the skyranger

It happens. All it needs is an alien on floor 1.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2013, 11:15:35 pm »

Oh noes, I've been soldierfied! Hopefully I'll at least absorb some bullets for the guys who actually know what they're doing.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7