Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 932337 times)

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK REBORN☼ - 40.24 - V.006 - Last Update: 27th March
« Reply #180 on: April 21, 2015, 03:11:47 pm »

I changed population cap to 50. Therefore, there is no any fun invaders except FB despite i've been living for 3 years. In vanilla DF i could change invaders' properties in creature_default. But Masterwork's raws differ from vanilla's ones. Which file i need to tweak to change invasion triggers?

I don't know what field does that, but apparently you do, so you have two ways to go about it.

First, if you have a somewhat recent Windows OS (7, 8 or 8.1, maybe vista too), you can make the normal "search" bar to search inside .txt files, so you can search for the tag, when you are in the "objects" folder, and it should return you all the right files.

Second, just open all of the "creature_" files that contain the invaders you want to change (so "small mammal" might not be one of them).

Again, I have no clue about these triggers, I use the GUI's "Invasion" column to do this, with no idea about the exact values behind the scene either.
What I said is just based on you stating that vanilla has this trigger in "creature_default", so I might completely be wrong.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2015, 07:50:03 pm »

In vanilla you did NOT change that in creature_default, but in entity_default. Here it's in the GUI, you can do that without any modding, just open the MasterworkDwarfFortress.exe and change invasions to "very early" or whatever you'd like to have.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2015, 10:46:42 pm »

Just off the cuff, but shouldn't it be

[REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT]

?

INORGANIC:CLAY is subtle wrong because it excludes other types of clay like Silty Clay and Sandy clay; it would work properly only in simple soils mode which is likely how Meph plays/tests

BOULDER:TOOL is wrong ofc just because, that's not a thing.  (qorthos, it probably "looks like" it works because the reagent is totally borked so the reaction runs for free)

I tested it at the time and the dorfs were grabbing a boulder of sandy clay.  I'll recheck it later tonight or tomorrow and see verify what works.

Any idea on the layer of soul_gem?

Actually, it does work.  No idea why.  But both of these reagents work just fine (and pull a boulder):
[REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT]
[REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:TOOL:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT]

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2015, 11:38:55 pm »

It's probably because Toady is a Competent programmer and made it fail gracefully.  TOOL is an invalid subtype for BOULDER, but it just fails the subtype, rather than causing the whole token to fail.

Lottanubs

• Bay Watcher
  • [DF_JOKE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2015, 12:26:42 pm »

Might be a decent idea to have the main post link to the different races Reborn threads for quick access, I noticed quite a few Reborn race threads have sunk to page 4 or 5.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2015, 12:28:27 pm »

laptop binding issues:

no binding for "Activity Zone -> Gather/Pick Fruit"

binding for "Unit List -> Go To Unit" &" Cancel Job" are the same. 

ETA: no binding for "Activity Zone -> Set Gather Information"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:32:18 pm by qorthos »

Dark_Author

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2015, 01:06:56 pm »

Is there anywhere that explains the differences between the original Masterwork and Reborn?  I'm very confused as to whether or not Reborn already includes the majority of things from the original mod or not.  Sorry.
Girls play DF, too!

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2015, 01:12:48 pm »

Is there anywhere that explains the differences between the original Masterwork and Reborn?  I'm very confused as to whether or not Reborn already includes the majority of things from the original mod or not.  Sorry.

Reborn is a completely new mod, rewritten from sratch, aiming to be as much compatible as possible with vanilla lore and other mods alike, but it's still a very much Work-In-Progress, so it lacks some features. "Original" Masterwork is more a mish-mash of features, sometimes completely unrelated ( various parts of the Dwarf-mode, for example.)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 01:18:26 pm by Emperor »

Dark_Author

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 22, 2015, 01:35:17 pm »

Emperor,

Thank you for getting back to me.  I've been playing the original DF mod for a couple of years now and am thinking about switching to this because it uses a more recent version of DF.  Any idea what features will be missing?
Girls play DF, too!

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 22, 2015, 01:41:00 pm »

Emperor,

Thank you for getting back to me.  I've been playing the original DF mod for a couple of years now and am thinking about switching to this because it uses a more recent version of DF.  Any idea what features will be missing?

The first and most notable missing feature is that of playable races - there are no humans, orcs, warlocks, and the hermit. Both the gnomes and succubi have levels of content comparable to those of the old MDF, but the dwarves had most of their content cut-out. They no longer have access to various steampunk and magic related stuff, like the steam engines, blackpowder, town portals, etc.
Also, as of current, few dfhack-related actions like spawning creatures and triggering sieges can no longer take place due to technical limitations, but that may or may not change sooner, or later.

Dark_Author

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 22, 2015, 01:45:53 pm »

Emperor,
Thank you again!  I think, given the cuts to dwarf mode, that I will likely hold off on switching over.  If I do try it, I'll probably keep my old game installed.  On a personal note, if you played the original Masterwork, which do you prefer?
Girls play DF, too!

Lottanubs

• Bay Watcher
  • [DF_JOKE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 22, 2015, 01:48:52 pm »

The continuous history of the new update is a huge draw for me. I'm currently playing on Reborn, but I do miss a few features from the previous version. Regardless, plenty of game to still be had for me since I'm a huge noob.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 22, 2015, 01:54:08 pm »

For what its worth, I'm enjoying Masterwork Reborn.  There's not as many features as in Masterwork, but what's there plus the new 2014 DF features make it worthwhile.

The features I like:
-simplified and upgradeable leather
-complex / harder metal industry
-the various stonecrafter/woodcrafter/etc shopes
-limited religion
-bone-> bonemeal(flux) at the kiln
-alchemy transmutations
-upgradeable weapons and armor
-library system

Dark_Author

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 22, 2015, 02:11:26 pm »

Thanks, Lottanubs and Qorthos!
Girls play DF, too!

Lottanubs

• Bay Watcher
  • [DF_JOKE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2015, 01:23:14 pm »

I know I'm late to the party here but where has the magma smelter gone? Has the functionality been moved to a custom furnace or..?

I'll ask this question in the Dwarf thread.

Btw, how are y'all doin'?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 166