Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 165

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions  (Read 201496 times)

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Gameplay Questions
« Reply #855 on: September 11, 2013, 11:32:20 am »

The new biologist lab sounds pretty great, but needs a heart to research. Where do you obtain those? I've not gotten any through butchering so far.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #856 on: September 11, 2013, 11:35:53 am »

You didnt? All creatures should give one... I know megabeast do that 100% of the time, dont know if every smaller creature has enough heart to give one complete item.  But dont worry, next version the Biologist is a "Biologists Study" and doesnt need a research. You can build it directly at the start.

I am just wrapping up some lose ends, before I upload it later today. :) If the internet survives. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 11, 2013, 11:48:51 am »

You didnt? All creatures should give one... I know megabeast do that 100% of the time, dont know if every smaller creature has enough heart to give one complete item.  But dont worry, next version the Biologist is a "Biologists Study" and doesnt need a research. You can build it directly at the start.

I am just wrapping up some lose ends, before I upload it later today. :) If the internet survives. ;)

Pretty sure. I check my available researches constantly. No megabeasts as yet. Just as well, as I'm really not prepared for any. Just broke into the 1st cave layer though, which may well increase my chances of encountering one.

The Fortress Defense races are currently outside of this system I think. Will they be brought in?

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 11, 2013, 11:54:35 am »

I request for this upcoming version.  Hopefully you can fit it in.

all padded armors to LAYER:UNDER, LAYER_SIZE:10, LAYER_PERMIT:49
all mail armors to LAYER:OVER, LAYER_SIZE:15, LAYER_PERMIT:49, no SHAPED
all armors to LAYER:ARMOR, LAYER_SIZE:25, LAYER_PERMIT:49, METAL_ARMOR_LEVELS, SHAPED
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 12:09:33 pm by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #859 on: September 11, 2013, 12:12:31 pm »

BillyJack: Ahh... I just started uploading. I promise you to put it in in the next version, together with full mail/padded sets in greatforge and tailor.

Arkenor: Strange about the hearts. I'll check.

The Fortress Defense races wont be brought in... I might do that, but I'd have to add 15 itemcorpses, and 75 reactions, 75 items, 75 announcements, 75 inorganics, 225 interactions... some of it can be automated, yes, but its not a small amount of work.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 11, 2013, 02:15:42 pm »

Please delete, wrong thread
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 11, 2013, 03:16:11 pm »

Not a problem.

I also forgot to put that the armors should be Armor Level 2. That way all of the metal armors will be 3 and everything else will be a 2.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #862 on: September 11, 2013, 09:50:14 pm »

Is added.

Ruan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 12, 2013, 12:01:55 am »

*blink*

Cog Fubeglened, Living Proof of Miracles Ranger has transformed into a Windkin!

---

So, I have a Lifemancer - I lucked out with getting one as a migrant.  One of my hunters got unlucky with a longhorn cow that kicked him in the head, killing him instantly.  The Lifemancer brought poor Cog back to life... but he came as a Windkin (lvl 1 Airmage).

So is that possibility intentional, or a bug?

Either way, I was sad, since he was going to be my first death from that fortress.  Now he's back and better than ever.  I approve.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #864 on: September 12, 2013, 12:05:13 am »

He must have been a windkin all along. All the lifemancer does it transform for 1 tick from base-creature to "living proof of miracles" and back. It doesnt touch the original creature.

Ruan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 12, 2013, 12:09:34 am »

Hmmm... Odd.  I don't recall seeing him come up as a Windkin.  Ah well.  At least now I know!  And I can confirm that the resurrection works.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #866 on: September 12, 2013, 12:18:01 am »

The kins, the level 1 mages, appear quite often... but if they are a miner, it will say "Urist McUrist, Miner"... you have to look at the caste-level in Therapist or into the unit description to see it. He was a migrant I assume, because you clearly see at embark if you got a mage in the starting seven.

Ruan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 12, 2013, 12:33:43 am »

Yeah, now that I think about it, he must have come in with the most recent migrant wave - I don't think I'd gotten around to checking out castes from that one yet.

Wasp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 12, 2013, 03:39:21 am »

I cannot seem to find where to produce spring-steel, anyone care to enlighten me?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #869 on: September 12, 2013, 03:41:49 am »

Metallurgist, like any other alloy too. :)

[REACTION:SPRING_STEEL_MAKING]
[NAME:make spring steel bars(4)]
[BUILDING:METALLURGIST:CUSTOM_SHIFT_S][BUILDING:MAGMA_METALLURGIST:CUSTOM_SHIFT_S]
[REAGENT:A:450:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:STEEL]
[REAGENT:B:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:NICKEL]
[PRODUCT:100:4:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:SPRING_STEEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
YESSMELTING[PRODUCT:1:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:VIOLENT_REACTION]YESSMELTING[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
   YESDUST[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:SMOKE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:SMELT]

[REACTION:UNMAKE_SPRING_STEEL_MAKING]
[NAME:Melt spring steel into steel/nickel]
[BUILDING:METALLURGIST:CUSTOM_ALT_Y][BUILDING:MAGMA_METALLURGIST:CUSTOM_ALT_Y]
[REAGENT:INORGANIC:600:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:SPRING_STEEL]
[PRODUCT:100:3:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:STEEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:NICKEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
YESSMELTING[PRODUCT:1:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:VIOLENT_REACTION]YESSMELTING[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
   YESDUST[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:SMOKE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]

[SKILL:SMELT]
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 165