Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 191224 times)

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1905 on: March 17, 2014, 12:34:15 pm »

well i've been trying to get the military stuff to act up with the most recent version of 4i SWP, but no luck yet. i've got a squad of 3, rotating on station, train, and patrol, tried saving and loading multiple times, adding/removing units from the squad. so far they just carry on as expected, anything else i should try?

Hhhhmm, perhaps it isn't bugged in SWP. I will give it a download.

I assume you have tried caste dwarfs?

Also try toggling a civ alert and ordering the squads outside.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:35:51 pm by Mudcrab »

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: March 17, 2014, 12:47:06 pm »

Hmm I'm playing MW v 4h and I have no issues with military dwarfs training. They're actually doing a pretty good job at it, and even got to legendary fighter and weapon wielder in a couple of cases. All the new recruits seem to train at some point as well. My only annoyance is that marksdwarfs only train if I make them a regular barracks not an archery range and they train as melee and gain hammer skill :D

So the issue might be with 4i

Cheers

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: March 17, 2014, 12:54:18 pm »

I have heard marksdwarfs only train in archery ranges when they have some skill in marksdwarf, a vanilla bug.

Make a shooting gallery with prisoners!

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1908 on: March 17, 2014, 01:01:46 pm »

Hmm I'm playing MW v 4h and I have no issues with military dwarfs training. They're actually doing a pretty good job at it, and even got to legendary fighter and weapon wielder in a couple of cases. All the new recruits seem to train at some point as well. My only annoyance is that marksdwarfs only train if I make them a regular barracks not an archery range and they train as melee and gain hammer skill :D

Cheers
yeah i've compared the raws and scripts, and i just can't see what could be affecting it. really the major raw changes for h->i were to toggle the castes with the buildings. most of the dfhack script changes were for gnomes/warlocks, and shouldn't be affecting dwarves, as far as i can tell.

LordNippes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: March 17, 2014, 01:08:06 pm »

Cheers

Yes, it was 4i where this issue came up.

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: March 17, 2014, 01:20:26 pm »

My freaking fishermans' guild mayor doesn't do his mayor job. He has no jobs enabled at all, for a year now, and he STILL doesn't attend meetings except once or twice per year, so he has a flock of diplomats after him most of the time. I even tried confining him to a burrow, he ignores it completely and does the usual farming jobs like seed planting, shearing, milking, cheese making, food making, hauling all sorts of random stuff around, again without any jobs enabled. He's not a vampire, just an under-skilled fisher....
Also, he has a great bedroom but he sleeps in other people's chambers for some reason then complains he slept in a poor bedroom...
how do I fix this guy? Btw neither of the 2 vamps I had in my fort ever got elected mayor, the last really competent mayor ended his mandate peacefully....

Octarine Sorcerer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Military acting like civilians
« Reply #1911 on: March 17, 2014, 05:24:07 pm »

Essentially, my military will act like they are civilians. Whoever I assign, from what I can tell. The members of any squad, new or existing, will run away from threats, perform civ jobs, and will appear as whatever their profession icon is, ie farmer. Their ames also do not appear in bold in Dwarf Therapist, even though they are listed as in a squad. Schedule is set to Active, but even changing that has no effect. Have switched equipment, dorfs, barracks, armour stands etc to try to alleviate this, to no effect. Most related issue I could find was for vanilla, and appears to have been resolved by Toady: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=1617

I have an inkling that previous events may have caused this - I accidentally breached the third cavern and forgot to wall it up. Floating brain came up, started a fire and got killed by my then-military-commander (He did "look confused" in the battle logs). After that point, my commander went round and killed some people, and everyone was fighting/paranoid, before he got impaled by a miner. Since then, the military hasn't worked in that save. Will upload if requested. Thanks in advance :)

Edit: They appear to act as militia when given a direct order, ie station or kill, but only for the duration of that order
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:04:20 am by Octarine Sorcerer »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Military acting like civilians
« Reply #1912 on: March 17, 2014, 05:37:18 pm »

Essentially, my military will act like they are civilians. Whoever I assign, from what I can tell. The members of any squad, new or existing, will run away from threats, perform civ jobs, and will appear as whatever their profession icon is, ie farmer. Their ames also do not appear in bold in Dwarf Therapist, even though they are listed as in a squad. Schedule is set to Active, but even changing that has no effect. Have switched equipment, dorfs, barracks, armour stands etc to try to alleviate this, to no effect. Most related issue I could find was for vanilla, and appears to have been resolved by Toady: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=1617

I have an inkling that previous events may have caused this - I accidentally breached the third cavern and forgot to wall it up. Floating brain came up, started a fire and got killed by my then-military-commander (He did "look confused" in the battle logs). After that point, my commander went round and killed some people, and everyone was fighting/paranoid, before he got impaled by a miner. Since then, the military hasn't worked in that save. Will upload if requested. Thanks in advance :)
oh if you can upload a save where it's acting up, that would be very helpful!

x2theone2x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: March 17, 2014, 07:14:20 pm »

I'm getting none- raw adamantine walls that have no use other than being a stone.  How do I fix this issue, thank you.

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: March 18, 2014, 01:38:57 am »

Is genning older worlds not encouraged with masterwork? I cant seem to gen a world older than 200-500 years with my current settings without crashing. I'm a big fan of the 1050 year worlds because the varied histories that can generate, but it doesn't seem possible for me. :(

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: March 18, 2014, 02:11:39 am »

Masterwork races tend to kill each other off quickly and many are very strong so you lose titans and fb in older worlds many times. Frankly I wouldn't gen anything over 200 years or so. Just my personal preference.  But yes old world's tend to crash while genning a lot in masterwork.  You'll get plenty of variety with adventure or legends in younger worlds. A lot more happens quickly with tons of races instead of five(?).

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: March 18, 2014, 02:30:17 am »

Well I dunno. I prefer few races (all vanilla but evil humans), but many many sitemaps. As in lots of different towns and villages (more dorfs, humans, etc).

Could I potentially prevent more crashes by reducing fb-amount and increasing site amount?

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: March 18, 2014, 09:07:32 am »

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CHARCOAL2_BURNING]
[NAME:Batch of charcoal - wood planks(6)]
[BUILDING:BLAST_FURNACE:CUSTOM_SHIFT_K]
[BUILDING:BLAST_FURNACE_MAGMA:CUSTOM_SHIFT_K]
[REAGENT:A:6:BLOCKS:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:NONE:WOOD]
[PRODUCT:100:6:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:COKE]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:50:2:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:ASH:NO_MATGLOSS][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
   YESDUST[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:SMOKE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:0:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:ANNOUNCEMENT_BATCHCOKE]
[SKILL:SMELT]
V4h. It seems that the reagent A lacks the [REACTION_CLASS:IS_WOOD] token, so that dwarfs happily smelt stone blocks to coke

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: March 18, 2014, 09:22:06 am »

My dwarfs are trying to butcher mutilated goblin skeletons and seemingly getting stuck in the attempt until they run off for food or drink, any fix for this?
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Octarine Sorcerer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Military acting like civilians
« Reply #1919 on: March 18, 2014, 10:01:10 am »

oh if you can upload a save where it's acting up, that would be very helpful!

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8481 Here's the save :) Using v4i, I believe I neglected to mention that. Again, thank you  :P
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 142