Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 191205 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1935 on: March 27, 2014, 07:54:54 pm »

I am not sure if this is a bug, but I cannot use the mouse wheel to resize the screen. This is essential when I play, as I have the eyesight of a blind cave ogre.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: March 27, 2014, 11:04:21 pm »

do guild transformations work?  I am trying to transform one of my dwarves into a smith guild dwarf
she turns into a guild apprentice, hangs out for a month, and then transforms back into an ordinary dwarf.  this has happened twice now...

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: March 28, 2014, 02:42:59 am »

they work fine for me in 4h. I just finished specializing all of my smiths and some of the farmers. And they don't stay a month, but a week.
Quote from: Kamikazi
Each race sieges differently. Humans also wait outside and block trade. Orcs are there for honor and glory. They will engage individually. So it's not uncommon for them to fight your first dwarf 1 on 1 for glory then react to a larger force with them all fighting. The camp fire is pretty much them having a party with the warband. If you had waited long enough they would have eventually stopped the party and attacked through the gate.
Neat, so MW actually gives each race an unique behavior? Awesome!

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but a few of my dwarfs got hit by the "decay" curse from the orcs, they all had all body parts on yellow for a while, without any actual injury, then all of them returned to normal except 1 whose body started to rot. Does the decay curse have a % chance of actually working or something? How do I block it/heal it? Also, my surgeons have been trying to cut the rotten chest out from a dwarf for a few months now and they never finish the reaction because they go hungry/thirsty/tired. How do I make them finish? Will the dwarf afflicted by the decay curse stay in the hospital forever as well?

Cheers

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 28, 2014, 06:24:24 am »

I am not sure if this is a bug, but I cannot use the mouse wheel to resize the screen. This is essential when I play, as I have the eyesight of a blind cave ogre.

press escape, and in the pause menu there is an option to change keybindings

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: March 29, 2014, 02:09:54 am »

@thormgrim, do you have < Secret !FUN! > turned on? (check you gui settings. MISC.FEATURES tab, Balance Changes column)

Shadowsage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: March 29, 2014, 12:13:21 pm »

So, do we have any confirmed reason on why the military will refuse to obey active scheduling?

haplol

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: March 29, 2014, 01:26:12 pm »

Edit: nevermind
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 01:27:51 pm by haplol »

Marc Remillard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 29, 2014, 03:42:56 pm »

I'm not too sure whether the issue lies in DF/DFHack or not, but the 4i release seems to have a 'sticky' Alt key issue. At least I haven't seen it on previous releases, and I can't think of anything else I've installed that'd cause it. If I alt-tab from DF out to Therapist etc, then return, sometimes it thinks the Alt key is still pressed.

I notice this when I attempt go straight back into the (m)ilitary screen after tabbing out and in, it gives me (I guess) the alt-m screen.

My fix is to just hit the Alt key a few times and that clears it. Not sure if anyone else is seeing that or if its just a local issue.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: March 29, 2014, 05:38:55 pm »

So, do we have any confirmed reason on why the military will refuse to obey active scheduling?

do trained military units ignore the active scheduleing. (weapon / fighter level above 3) or is it just raw recruits doing it.

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: March 29, 2014, 06:15:29 pm »

From when its happened to me, the entire squad that contains a recruit refuses to train after a while.  They start again for a bit after migrants come for some reason.  I've only noticed squads start to have the bug when I load up a game, though it could very well start at other times too.
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: March 29, 2014, 09:52:39 pm »

Broken raw of ores?
If smelt pure galena with vanilla reaction, it will yield 3 silver bars. But with reaction SMELT_GALENA, it will yield only one. So what's the purpose of this moded reaction?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shadowsage

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: March 30, 2014, 01:26:21 am »

do trained military units ignore the active scheduleing. (weapon / fighter level above 3) or is it just raw recruits doing it.
Even trained dwarves ignore the schedule, yes.

Puddingkuchen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: March 30, 2014, 12:12:53 pm »

The military training bug seems to come from the druidism.lua script/timetraveling, if I'm reading this correctly.
So getting the newest version from here or V.4j should fix it.

keegspot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: March 30, 2014, 04:51:20 pm »

the mod version is V.4j the OS is windows the tileset is Phoebus.the game slows down when creatures fight nothing else slows it down.

jcd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: March 31, 2014, 01:54:05 pm »

Not certain if this has been fixed in 4j, but in v.4i upgrading a weapon through the "magma weaponry" workshop, gave me 2 weapons: one legendary and one superior.

This seems to happen only when getting a 'legendary', as it worked correctly before, when i just got a 'superior' weapon.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 142