Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190645 times)

cainiao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1140 on: October 03, 2013, 01:35:51 am »

Some display bug on the new world gen background.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My guess is that using screenshot instead of using original one.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1141 on: October 03, 2013, 08:11:06 am »

Yeah, the backgrounds are screenshots, but the GUI resizes on some OS. Are you using Win7? I'm not quite shure what to do about it yet, but I think I can fix it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Melifaro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 04, 2013, 06:20:05 am »

I think "Simple GemShape" work wrong. on=off,off=on. Same thing with "animalmen" and "giant animals".
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 06:21:43 am by Melifaro »

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 04, 2013, 08:50:43 am »

Using 4a, a miner in a mood made an artifact shale statue. He's now a lvl37 miner according to Dwarf Therapist (my other miner is 23). When hovering over his mining skill in Dwarf Therapist, it says "Had a mood with this skill and crafted "Closehid" (the name of the artifact).

Maybe this is intended, but it seemed odd to me. I didn't know mining was a moodable skill, or that miners could make statues. If I recall correctly he used a mason's workshop to make it, but I'm not sure. With lvl37 mining, he's tearing through stone faster than most dwarves can run, which is quite fun to watch.

JodGap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 04, 2013, 09:37:09 am »

"Researcher: NO" on the launcher, but ingame buildings still require "Needs science discovery X"

In 4a features: "If you disable the reasearcher, no buildings needs any science anymore."

So... is this bugged?

Raultor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 04, 2013, 11:21:50 am »

Yes it's bugged

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 04, 2013, 06:55:50 pm »

v4a:
Maybe this is intended, but the greatforge can't use copper. A bit odd since it seems like it can use most other metals.

Also, why is pretty much anything available as a cuttable item at the jeweler's workshop? I guess stone sort of makes sense, but things like "frozen wasps", "sticky mud" and frozen poison" less so.

Edit:
Just got the message "A trebuchet is now manned", but I haven't done anything remotely related to siege weapons and I have no idea why the message appeared. I certainly can't find the trebuchet in question. Not a very serious bug of course, just odd.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:38:37 pm by RandomName »

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 04, 2013, 11:08:42 pm »

Not Sure if already reported,in the last build version, the scriptorium, no matter  what book you write, you only do "Stick them with the pointy end" So no way to create the libraries if you need different books.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 05, 2013, 12:29:07 am »

Dwarf Therapist isn't working for some reason, I get this error:

Connection Error

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble connecting to DF. I cant seem to locate the PEB address of the process.

Please re-launch DF and try again.

edit: got it working, it must have been the firewall.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 12:55:27 am by Blue_Dwarf »
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 05, 2013, 12:30:49 am »

Dwarf Therapist isn't working for some reason, I get this error:

Connection Error

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble connecting to DF. I cant seem to locate the PEB address of the process.

Please re-launch DF and try again.

Weird Therapist is working fine in my side.

RandomName

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 05, 2013, 03:18:06 pm »

Is the disease-toggle gone from the settings? I can't find any way to turn off the random disease that turned up in my fort, but I'm not sure if it was brought by migrants or a visiting forgotten beast.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 05, 2013, 04:18:20 pm »

Try use fullheal (Dfhack console) in the diseased dwarves till is fixed, Sadly this canīt heal insane dwarves, I have one important dorf insane, and I can only keep  it alive with fullheal, checking the dfhack manual I canīt find a solution for that thing.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 05, 2013, 09:36:03 pm »

When Therapist reads some guild dwarfs, the description lists dozens of different skills as having xp bonuses. For instance, the Healers Guild is reported as having bonuses for everything from milling to swordsdwarf.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 06, 2013, 01:00:22 am »

When Therapist reads some guild dwarfs, the description lists dozens of different skills as having xp bonuses. For instance, the Healers Guild is reported as having bonuses for everything from milling to swordsdwarf.
Restart Therapist.  But you probably figured that out by now. It's a DT issue.

Bug: 4a  Tileset: Matrix
All of the "Forge xxxxxx mail armor set (9bars)" reactions create Padded armors instead of actual mail.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 01:11:19 am by Billy Jack »
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 06, 2013, 04:06:02 am »

In the Kitchen, "Roast seeds (25) to make them edible" uses "r" shortcut, which is the same for "Render tallow".
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 142