Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190689 times)

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #525 on: July 28, 2013, 08:54:34 am »

Had a kobold get sprung right in front of a web turret then get chased around in front of it and the next web turret by the peregrine and armoured dog that revealed it but neither turret fired.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Ora_the_Owlish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PFUDOR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 28, 2013, 11:27:58 am »

I'm using Masterwork on a Mac. First off, lovely job, and thank you for providing an OSX version! I'm not sure if the following is intentional or not...my apologies if so. When running Dwarf Fortress.exe, DFhack runs just fine, but it is missing several important scripts, including "clean" and "fixmigrant." Before switching to Masterwork, these were available. And when I start Dwarf Fortress through the dfhack "Unix executable file" included in Masterwork, they are also available (though the game crashes as soon as I open the buildings menu, with the error in the spoiler). Seeing as my fortress is currently swimming in blood and a glitched migrant is a few steps from being mauled by some dire lions, I figured it was high time to ask about a fix. Is this intentional? Can the scripts be enabled somehow?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 12:10:36 pm by Ora_the_Owlish »
Broseph Stalin, "The Increasingly Tragic Tale of Dumplin", a narrative
This is a narrative. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of feels.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #527 on: July 28, 2013, 11:36:07 am »

Might I redirect you to Mac Version Thread? I myself only do the windows version, cant help you with mac. The dfhack thread would probably also be a good place for questions, since they write the dfhack scripts you are asking about. Maybe they have an updated version that you can install yourself.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ora_the_Owlish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PFUDOR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 28, 2013, 12:10:14 pm »

Ah, yes! Now that I see the thread, it seems I'm hardly the only one struggling with DFHack. Thank you, Meph!
Broseph Stalin, "The Increasingly Tragic Tale of Dumplin", a narrative
This is a narrative. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of feels.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 28, 2013, 08:12:32 pm »

Could be wrong, but I can't find Mortar or Pestle to make in a craftsdwarf shop, yet... that's where there produced (the only way I can produce them is to use the manager's job screen).

derp... nm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 28, 2013, 10:16:56 pm »

Version 3d, Windows, Vherid /w masterwork front

I have bag loads of dyeand yet I can not paint a pentagram. I'm not sure this is intended, but I was able to build the mages guild building using gold blocks and basalt thrones.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #531 on: July 28, 2013, 10:20:41 pm »

Thanks, I'll have a look.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Thebestidentity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 29, 2013, 12:01:01 am »

The bladefoot rancor monster seems to be defective. The only thing it can do is push and enrage. Also, I don't know if it was because of the actual creature or something in kobold fort, but one sped up extremely after a few months fighting and ran away to the edge of the map.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 29, 2013, 09:15:56 am »

Can the new quills, bags of feathers, and pots of glue be found through the stockpiles in some way at the moment? Or can something possibly be added so that they can in the future.

Just trying to separate them out from my general Finished Goods, tools stockpile.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 29, 2013, 03:27:45 pm »

They should fall under "library supplies"

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 29, 2013, 05:43:05 pm »

They don't seem to be moving to the library supplies stockpile that I have, I will double check my connections though.

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #536 on: July 29, 2013, 07:17:03 pm »

I have several peasants inscribing runes, after inscribing a few hundred all of them are still at 0 exp in runesmithing.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

Kougarkat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 29, 2013, 08:10:09 pm »

In order for workflow to recognize the specific drinks recipes at the STILL I had to change them from e.g.
to

Some of the recipes were already in the second form.  They all produce correctly, just without the change the workflow gui doesn't recognize that they produce drink.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #538 on: July 29, 2013, 10:11:40 pm »

I have several peasants inscribing runes, after inscribing a few hundred all of them are still at 0 exp in runesmithing.
Oh... thats a good catch. Experience is given for each newly created item, but because runesmithing, as well as poisoning items, only takes an existing item and the dfhack script adds the covering, the worker does not create a new item. Therefore, no XP. Its easy to fix, so next update will have runesmiths and poison/wax workers get XP from these reactions. Thanks for the report. :)

@Kougarkat: Are you sure that all of them work correctly? I clearly remember some issues with that, I had to change them to their current form. If you send me the raws you wrote for all the custom reactions I'll add and test them. If they are ok, I'll update the mod with them.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 31, 2013, 08:11:24 am »

From my experimentation with the magic so far (was thinking "hey, this'll be the perfect embark to test magic, it has both good and evil biomes!" one problem...no trees in the evil biome *lol* so I guess the evil magic will just have to wait) the manual says that it should take 3 months to make an arcane dwarf and then 3 months to make each of the white magic types for me it's taken less than a day each time.  I haven't started on the elemental types yet.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 142