Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 190875 times)

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #270 on: June 16, 2013, 07:20:30 am »

I don't tend to grab plants on embark so I missed seeing that there, just the "unknown frozen plant substance".

If it's from kobold camp (I've never played that or orc fortress) then there might be a related situation. I've had a couple of "Rampaging dragon raptors" turn up and give an "(arena token) lvl4 arena reward" on death. As I'd never seen that before or the creature I went looking and it's marked as part of the kobold arena.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 16, 2013, 09:17:49 am »

You can ask for the Elves to bring Rampaging Dragon Raptors in their caravans as well. Not sure why things are crossing over.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 16, 2013, 11:16:36 am »

You can ask for the Elves to bring Rampaging Dragon Raptors in their caravans as well. Not sure why things are crossing over.

Drow also.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 17, 2013, 05:07:56 am »

Welp, I've copied the error out
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In case it matters, I spawned the exploding cannonballs in using DFHack to test them, calling "createitem AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_CANNON INFERNO_AMMO_KOBOLD 25". Every shot (both in Adventurer Mode and Fortress Mode) resulted in the same error. The cannonballs behave as though they were duds, not exploding but still dealing blunt damage.

I have no idea how much of the script is different from what it should be, because I took a look at the script in the Fallout mod and it looked pretty different. Might just have been variables that changed though.

DorfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 17, 2013, 05:15:41 pm »

My game crashes while loading savedgames.
It played ok, no frame drops, saved seasonally without problems.
Only when I quit and tried to reload it now crashes every time.  Any ideas?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 17, 2013, 05:35:25 pm »

Welp, I've copied the error out

In case it matters, I spawned the exploding cannonballs in using DFHack to test them, calling "createitem AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_CANNON INFERNO_AMMO_KOBOLD 25". Every shot (both in Adventurer Mode and Fortress Mode) resulted in the same error. The cannonballs behave as though they were duds, not exploding but still dealing blunt damage.

I have no idea how much of the script is different from what it should be, because I took a look at the script in the Fallout mod and it looked pretty different. Might just have been variables that changed though.

Aah, that would be my problem.

EDIT: It's not my problem. Apparently Meph had cannonballs have DFHACK_FLOW_SIZE be the last reaction class, which causes an error; it NEEDS a number after.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:37:48 pm by Putnam »

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 17, 2013, 07:53:02 pm »

Well, would there be a way to hotfix this on my own? The last reaction class appears to be [REACTION_CLASS:DFHACK_FLOW_SIZE:15], which looks like it does have a number...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 17, 2013, 07:54:04 pm »

It needs to be ONLY a number, I.E, just 15:

[REACTION_CLASS:DFHACK_FLOW_SIZE]
[REACTION_CLASS:15]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 08:01:45 pm by Putnam »

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 17, 2013, 08:22:05 pm »

Thank you so much. It works as it should now, resulting in instantaneous burning of enemies.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 18, 2013, 03:11:05 am »

What's with those rampaging dragon raptors?  I've seen a couple turn up in sieges, then turn on the rest of the siegers.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 18, 2013, 08:42:12 am »

I think someone mentioned them being part of the Kobold Mod? My brain could be making that up though.

Thank you so much. It works as it should now, resulting in instantaneous burning of enemies.

Where do we apply said hotfix? I might have to stop avoiding explosive ammo.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 18, 2013, 10:03:10 am »

A weird thing happened just now: I'm doing some minecart testing in an old fort of mine, so I'm completely sealed, I don't want to deal with ambushes and caravans now. So the dwarf caravan came in the autumn and some ambushes followed...

Then I got an announcement that a dwarf entered a martial trance, so I checked to make sure I'm sealed and the game takes me to an unrevealed part of the map, on z 15. The surface is z121. I got curious and revealed the map: it's the 3rd cavern that I have not breached, no dwarf there, no body, only some rusty steel armor. (scimitar, 3x blocking bracer, breastplate, helm). Plus a platinum soul. Close by there are some more rusty armor and weapons, a few chitin plates, stacks of preserved meat and another soul, but no body parts and no bodily fluids. Most of the stuff is forbidden, but not all of them. I can't see any living thing nearby.
The game lists the martial trancing dwarf as deceased, the combat logs show he was fighting a drow on z129.

Did anyone see something like this before? This is MW 2.h that was genned with ironhand graphics, but later switched to Phoebeus because of the bugged tracks in ironhand. I know it's not supported, but apart from the graphical glitches I have not seen anything strange. Up to now.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 18, 2013, 11:11:32 am »

Definitely never had that happen before. I would assume they entered through the caverns? Dropping souls would make them historical figures or something wouldn't it?

I have no clue. That's kinda cool though.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 18, 2013, 11:24:08 am »

Platinum souls are a Masterwork feature.  I forget exactly how you get them... by killing megabeasts, perhaps?

There may have been some bizarre dwarf caravan behavior, a tribe of animal men and a megabeast (or whatever the underground equivalent is) attack involved.

Chitin and many rusty steel blocking bracers suggest antmen.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

migshark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 18, 2013, 11:44:43 am »

In 3b  I'm getting a world gen error at placing civilizations. In an otherwise fresh install with a default launcher, adding evil drow seems to the reason. Errorlog:

And yeah you get platinum souls from butchering mega/semi? beasts at the slaughterhouse.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 142