Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137181 times)

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #870 on: February 09, 2019, 02:14:41 am »

any updates on the steam release, maybe time to get some popcorn ready

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 07, 2019, 08:27:18 pm »

Seems biodomes look to being implemented into the game

http://www.hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=632

(edit: Looks like biodomes are already in the game
http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=631

No news about Steam as far as I know. Their april report however showed a max of 10 players on (2 more than their most of 8)

http://www.hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=630

I haven't played since my last attempt in December. But I'll probably pick it up again and see how it goes. There isn't really a game like Hazeron that I've found. I got annoyed before with the dumb rocket teleporting to other side of the moon instead of landing on it, but I could have probably figured it out.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 09:22:27 pm by Trolldefender99 »

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 07, 2019, 09:47:17 pm »

Did you use a space rocket or an actual rocket ship?
Because space rockets are so horrible, you shouldn't touch these things.

If you can build space rockets you can also build proper spaceships, which are actually useful and have half as many bugs.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 07, 2019, 10:35:08 pm »

Did you use a space rocket or an actual rocket ship?
Because space rockets are so horrible, you shouldn't touch these things.

If you can build space rockets you can also build proper spaceships, which are actually useful and have half as many bugs.

I think it was a space rocket, dont remember. It was a two seater is what I remember. And it was the typical white color you see on a nasa space thing. I was able to leave the planet though, and I could land back on the planet fine. but it wouldn't let me land on the moon because I'd approach it and surprise it teleported me to the other side of the moon lol. It was rather frustrating when I was having a good time before that.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 25, 2019, 05:33:14 am »

still hasn't made it to steam ill check the latest update as well

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: November 25, 2019, 01:14:26 pm »

Steam will take some time yet.
There will be a reset before Steam, and there will be some more patches before the reset.

There is currently a discussion on the SoH forums about what features/changes should happen before the reset.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 14, 2020, 12:45:23 pm »

So, it is happening.
Reset has been announced for the end of the month, design exchange will also be wiped at that time.
If you have any building/ship designs you'd like to take with you into the new 'verse, now it is the time to save them locally before they're deleted.

Personally I'm surprised it is happening before the small vehicle designer and while gen4 avatars are still so... well, fugly.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 15, 2020, 09:27:28 am »

Seems biodomes look to being implemented into the game

http://www.hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=632

(edit: Looks like biodomes are already in the game
http://hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=631

No news about Steam as far as I know. Their april report however showed a max of 10 players on (2 more than their most of 8)

http://www.hazeron.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=630

I haven't played since my last attempt in December. But I'll probably pick it up again and see how it goes. There isn't really a game like Hazeron that I've found. I got annoyed before with the dumb rocket teleporting to other side of the moon instead of landing on it, but I could have probably figured it out.

not only biodomes, construction platforms too, so people can now build floating colonies on the sea or in gas giants (noice).

so far it seems Hazeron is going into a really cool direction, the only problem i see with this is the new character editor. i know Haxus wanted to give more freedom for people to design their aliens but, i dunno. i guess im more used to seeing something like the SPORE editors rather than a full 3D model editor in a game.

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel
« Reply #878 on: February 15, 2020, 02:06:57 pm »

ptw because I've used to play Hazeron when it was free (there was such time) but I can't afford to play anything sub-based, even if it was the best game ever, lol.

Once I'm a billionaire though, I'd probably buy it (as in, buy the company behind it) and release as an open source project on the net, but for now let's see if the dev can become reasonable on his own and make it either a donationware or straight up opensourcing it and letting someone else host it because as it stands now I don't think many people would bother to pay for it, especially with much flashier space games existing such as No Man's Sky or Dual Universe (last one being seemingly what Hazeron tries to be anyway).
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 16, 2020, 09:10:26 am »

True, nowadays the lag and the stories about being annoying/boring to use the ship designer kinda keeps me away from it, but (as always) I hope things get better and that it succeeds in whatever it wants to accomplish.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 28, 2020, 06:47:05 am »

Just in case anybody cares:
Reset has happened, universe 6 is live.  :D

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 09, 2020, 11:44:53 am »

You forgot to mention that Universe 6 is Live and the game is Free To Play again. I'm actually enjoying it more than before, with all the changes and additions. Simple stuff like being able to plop down airports and just build them (i.e. if you have a colony in the current system, you don't need to bring resources - new airports will grab resources from in-system colonies), and Brokers that now have Shipments (you can send cargo to other systems WITHOUT using NPC ships - transfer cargo between systems simply and with no more sundiving!).
I also don't have lag anymore, which is crazy to think of.

Once I heard it was F2P again I couldn't resist. Damn the one dorf who said it in one of the Discords. I know more dorfs are playing, but dunno what anyone is up to.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 09, 2020, 12:57:58 pm »

The F2P is a new addition. Haxus started a Patreon for funding and made SoH free again 2 or 3 weeks ago.
It immediately murdered the servers as the number of players climbed from maybe 5 back to a few dozen, though that problem seems to be under control now.  :D

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 09, 2020, 01:25:29 pm »

Oh sorry for that then, but I was just poking fun as I thought I could've been on earlier.  :P
Indeed, there was a couple of days that the servers went ded. But yesterday Haxus spent a bunch of hours in Galactic chat collecting reports and feedback, and said he believes the game is ready for the larger pop. We'll see.

The Designer is still a bizarre idea and needs a gazillion Quality-of-Life features so non-crazy people can use it, and the game's balancing is questionable as heck as always. But it's good to see it coming back strong.  :D

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 09, 2020, 03:14:50 pm »

...Interesting. Might have to look back on this.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 65