Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137084 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #615 on: August 13, 2015, 11:39:11 am »

That rewards you from the government account, which is empty, because your citizens are taking all the money you are minting.  ;)

(Or near-empty anyways, since you can draw a little bit out with taxes)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #616 on: August 13, 2015, 11:56:23 am »

Well, he finally did remove the confiscation thing at last, so now about the last easy exploit is stripping equipment from crewmen to sell back  (that and after you have enough money and enough vulcium suits to buy enough so that you roll over the costs, and then its back to just needing to have massive minting)
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #617 on: August 13, 2015, 12:00:44 pm »

That rewards you from the government account, which is empty, because your citizens are taking all the money you are minting.  ;)

(Or near-empty anyways, since you can draw a little bit out with taxes)
It is? I've never encountered this, is those citzens taking all the money thing new?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 13, 2015, 12:14:13 pm »

It dates from when he changed the economy from "fiat currency" to ronpaulonomics with infinite metals.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #619 on: August 13, 2015, 12:30:27 pm »

It dates from when he changed the economy from "fiat currency" to ronpaulonomics with infinite metals.
Dunno, if it's a change from last f2p galaxy (I only got into it a hour or two before he closed it, my fucking luck) or p2p ones, I had no idea about it.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 13, 2015, 03:21:03 pm »

He removed the confiscation tax by the way (finally), so that doesn't work anymore.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 13, 2015, 03:21:32 pm »

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 13, 2015, 03:26:37 pm »

Perhaps someone else will explain it in detail.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 13, 2015, 03:28:00 pm »

Derek smart is a higher profile less insane haxus. I imagine the reaction to haxus' projects if it ever gains more mainstream attention will be similar if not worse, in the same vein as developers like guise of the wolf.

I never thought I'd see the day where Derek Smart was described as "the less insane version of X" but here we are.

Perhaps someone else will explain it in detail.

Fiat bad! Gold Standard good! Bitcoin to the Moooooooooooooooon!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 13, 2015, 03:40:04 pm »

Hazeron's economy is pretty, well, interesting.
You make bullion from metal (better metals give more bullion/process) and all bullion made goes directly into the City's citizen account.
Citizens then spend money on goods needed for their jobs/food/etc. and get money (10c I believe) for every process they run. Based on your taxes set you get a portion of the money spent/earned. This money goes into your government account. You don't get that much money from taxes in most cities so most people rely on exploits, but I usually just used trade ships.

So in even more unrelated news, Haxus has "fixed lag" again today.
Usually when he "fixes lag" the lag actually goes down quite a lot. Like when he implemented movement prediction.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #625 on: August 13, 2015, 03:48:49 pm »

So in even more unrelated news, Haxus has "fixed lag" again today.
You realize that he "fixes lag" literally every update and it rarely works (even if he did in one update, like back in 2011 or something, which made it run smoothly for a day or two)? I will belive when I see videos.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 13, 2015, 04:07:42 pm »

He actually doesn't "fix lag" every day.

I believe he's done it two times not including now. The second time is the clientside movement, which a lot of people actually consider to be one of the best updates. Not so sure about the first one, but I vaguely remember heavily reduced lag. It may just be the one time.
Point is, he doesn't make claims like "fixed lag" lightly.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 13, 2015, 04:19:44 pm »

I guess you've just forgotten all the other times. :V

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 13, 2015, 07:08:30 pm »

I guess you've just forgotten all the other times. :V
:V indeed
._.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 13, 2015, 07:20:47 pm »

Except Derick Smart is a heavy handed dick head.  Haxus has never been a tyrant.
At least that I saw in the 2 years I played.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 07:24:40 pm by se5a »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 65