Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 65

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)  (Read 137261 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron (new thread with the last updates)
« Reply #255 on: May 15, 2014, 10:05:16 am »

Presumably it will only go pay-to-play once the bugs and lag have been sorted out.
So...plenty of years down the road yet.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Idranel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 15, 2014, 11:22:10 am »

The lag, if I recall, is the needless simulation of each person in the entire game. Those 1000 inhabitants that are in your town? They are fully simulated- their shopping habits are actually based on hunger, et cetera. Now, I am not completely sure of this, but it would make sense if you actually look at the people sent to construction projects to build things once you start producing clothing. I wouldn't be surprised that if you kept track of the number of clothes sold, you could see that each person actually has a distinct ownership. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually simulates their living in houses now, actually having them live inside. Would explain the lag, including the super-population moon project in the last server that caused unbearable amounts of lag.

In other words, if that is the reason for the lag, it will never go away without the removal of certain features from the game. I sincerely doubt Haxus intends on removing such things any time soon.

There also are lots of production jobs with ludicriously short run durations to the point where they're more similiar to say ship modules in eve online in a medium sized fight than what you'd see in most mmo-ish empire building games.
Even if they're implemented sensibly it would be a significantly reduced workload when abstracting production away from individual building tiles & levels onto a city scale and possibly even onto intervalls of 15 min or longer.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 15, 2014, 10:18:18 pm »

Presumably it will only go pay-to-play once the bugs and lag have been sorted out.
So...plenty of years down the road yet.

Hazeron has taught me to be cautious of the claims of developers who release a broken product and say that things will be sorted out over time, only for there to be no improvement, or, like Hazeron, the opposite of improvement.

When the majority of bug fixes go live and either stop working a week later, or don't work in the first place, and the developer doesn't notice in either case, doesn't appear to actually test fixes before deploying them (or would have noticed they never worked), disregards new bug reports because the bug was already "fixed," and has no mechanism for verifying fixes or reopening bug reports... One should probably not expect the rampant bugginess to ever be sorted out, at least not by that developer.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 10, 2014, 08:13:20 pm »

well...it finally happened.
Lag                 "The lag, it burns." Movement is jittery, not smooth.

Fixed. There are still a few sticky spots to be worked out.
Tested in game, seems to work now, although some issues with bunny hopping, but that might be an intentional limit of not being able to jump while moving too fast.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 10, 2014, 08:14:59 pm »

...But is it worth trying again?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 10, 2014, 08:17:22 pm »

I certainly intend to try it again.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 10, 2014, 08:19:58 pm »

I was wondering if this would get posted to again.  I have prepared a brief thirty second presentation video, really.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 08:29:05 pm by QuakeIV »
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Corik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 11, 2014, 05:55:11 am »

Oh my... that looks beautiful.

However, I believe there are many limitations with this game. I remember playing without knowing that I couldn't expand as much as I wanted. It was a shame when I was trying to build high tech industry and got a message about being unable to build more things... Meh. Shores of Hazeron, much like Haven and Hearth, are very nice projects for their developers to learn a lot, but I don't think they are going to become rich with them.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 11, 2014, 06:29:39 am »

How about instead of just ditching it, you FUCKING FIX THE BUG!
This is Haxus we're talking about.
He cares less about the players than the guy who makes Aurora, which is saying something since its the latter's official policy that the project is for him and other people can just take a look if they want.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 11, 2014, 09:29:57 am »

He cares less about the players than the guy who makes Aurora, which is saying something since its the latter's official policy that the project is for him and other people can just take a look if they want.
That is some impressive uninterest if it makes the Aurora dev sound better.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 11, 2014, 09:42:44 am »

That is some impressive uninterest if it makes the Aurora dev sound better.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 11, 2014, 09:50:21 am »

I'm astounded that Haxus actually did something about an issue which has been a problem since day 1. Now if only he were willing to scrap changes that make the game worse or harder to play instead of bullheadedly sticking with them...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 11, 2014, 10:08:39 am »

So, from what I can tell there seems to be two different galaxies now? Theres the one named after the game, and the 'Neutral Zone Standings', which apparently applies to the no-pvp no-over-TL7 Veil of Targoss. What would that TL7 be relevant to?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 11, 2014, 10:13:38 am »

I thought it had no pvp as well as a TL limit?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 11, 2014, 10:14:55 am »

I thought it had no pvp as well as a TL limit?
As far as i can tell from the site and a wiki the hazeron galaxy has neither of those. The veil one does.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 65