Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Chechen Republic of Ichkeria conspiracy claims - Tsarnaevs were Russian patsies  (Read 2667 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If they wanted to let him perform the attack wouldn't they just not warn the FBI at all?

Perhaps if the Russian government didn't take an interest in him they would be criticised for not being aware of him. Though he lived in America for much of his life he did take regular trips to the North Caucasus to visit his family, indeed the Tsarnaevs' parents expected them to be coming over this year for a visit.

The other possibility is that the Russian Government were concerned that Tamerlan may choose to bomb a target within Russia itself. FBI questioning would nip that in the bud.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Perhaps if the Russian government didn't take an interest in him they would be criticised for not being aware of him. Though he lived in America for much of his life he did take regular trips to the North Caucasus to visit his family, indeed the Tsarnaevs' parents expected them to be coming over this year for a visit.

The other possibility is that the Russian Government were concerned that Tamerlan may choose to bomb a target within Russia itself. FBI questioning would nip that in the bud.
Both of these things suggests there was no conspiracy and they were concerned about a possible terrorist.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Both of these things suggests there was no conspiracy and they were concerned about a possible terrorist.

But why then did they not detain him and question him themselves when they had the chance in January 2012?

DWC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guys, this is all pretty silly. The conspricy theory crowd is just doing their thing.

Seriously, such an act by Russia would be an act of war if it was discovered. They'd risk their entire country just to give the chechens a bad reputation with Americans?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

For someone who was just putting the guy's claim out there to look at, as you said, you're very quick to defend it.
Shoes...

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For someone who was just putting the guy's claim out there to look at, as you said, you're very quick to defend it.

I'm trying to give it its due, given the bias I've admitted to in the same post - I can see where he's coming from, you see. There are elements to this that are very shady indeed, and "shadiness" (i.e. rampant corruption, criminality, political assassinations and lies) is the name of the game for the Russian government under Putin and the United Russia party. Putin is the luckiest President/leader in the history of Russia.

It's a very rickety position though because there's virtually no evidence to support the kind of claims Zakayev is making. I would implore him to be a bit more careful in the language he's using considering he represents a government in exile that's meant to be the more reasonable alternative to the Caucasus Emirate.

Guys, this is all pretty silly. The conspricy theory crowd is just doing their thing.

Seriously, such an act by Russia would be an act of war if it was discovered. They'd risk their entire country just to give the chechens a bad reputation with Americans?

It is quite far fetched that they'd do something so reckless unless they had a very good reason relating to new plans Putin has in store for the North Caucasus or something. The other point though that it hasn't just given the Chechens a bad reputation with Americans, it's also vindicated Putin's policies to an extent in the eyes of the wider international public. That said though the effect hasn't really been strong enough to imply there was something really tangible to gain.

I'd raise my eyebrows though if Obama made some kind of commitment in light of this. That's what I'm going to wait for.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 12:41:10 pm by Owlbread »

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Facts:
1. Putin is very pro about chechens is good and very against any stains between Chechnya and Russia. He literally wants war was forgotten
2. Russians hates chechen and dagestani, because they are .. evil? I dont want to flame here really, but that just plain truth on so many  many levels I dont want to continue.
3. Putin is superior

which makes this kind of a plot is highly unlikely.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 07:29:21 pm by gogis »
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Facts:
1. Putin is very pro about chechens is good and very against any stains between Chechnya and Russia. He literally wants war was forgotten
2. Russians hates chechen and dagestani, because they are .. evil? I dont want to flame here really, but that just plain truth on so many  many levels I dont want to continue.
3. Putin is superior

which makes this kind of a plot is highly unlikely.

I'm actually going to lock this thread so we don't have to deal with all the ins and outs of why it's a dreadfully intolerant, racist and utterly repugnant thing to dismiss multiple nations of people in one sweeping motion as "evil" and therefore worthy of your hatred. You should know better than that and I think everyone on the forums knows that you know better than that. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Pages: 1 [2]