Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My king is a vampire!  (Read 1607 times)

Szkeptik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My king is a vampire!
« on: April 27, 2013, 05:59:38 am »

So my king just arrived and he was listed as XY, King vampire. Look at this kill list:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So I was thinking: What if I play the good servant and supply him with a steady stream of dwarves to feast upon.

If I make him have an unfortunate accident, will a new king be appointed, or then the mountainhome will remain without a ruler permanently?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 06:03:39 am by Szkeptik »

Geldrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My king is a vampire!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 06:20:18 am »

HOLY ARMOK, that's a voracious vampire. How old is he?
I think if you kill it, another dwarf will be appointed with the highest social skills, but I'm not sure about that.

I would rather feed him as he demands.
Play the role of an unholy dwarf empire, and make him a grand tomb in the center of a pentagram. Channel the pentagram around the tomb, fill it with upright spikes and build a floor over it, but leave some holes so you can dump your invaders in. After that, turn on the toture device blood exctractor, and watch while your pentagram-shaped moat fills with sweet blood. If your moat is fully painted red, remove the floors, spikes, and corpses. After you're done, you may sit back, and laugh maniacally. :D

You'll need mist generators, though. Lots of 'em.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 06:29:09 am by Geldrin »

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 07:16:13 am »

i would off him in a way most dignified to a man of his status: magma trap in his tomb.

if you want to keep him, i suggest surrounding him with children
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 07:31:26 am »

i would off him in a way most dignified to a man of his status: magma trap in his tomb.

He is an awesome king, why would you want to kill him? Instead, just build a very large crypt, so you can stuff the bodies in there. If he also gets a bone throne, that should absolutely be included in his room.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 07:54:59 am »

What a waste of a perfectly good King. I'd like to see where this goes.

mobucks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 07:56:16 am »

You can't kill something this awe some

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 08:03:01 am »

Really, you cant kill him because he's already dead.

Jokes aside, I vote unholy catacomb where the children and other unworthies are sent to appease His Lordships demands for blood.

I mean, heck, he's like the avatar of Armok himself.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

Szkeptik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 08:31:16 am »

Well, I started building him a truly opulent quarters with a solid gold sarcofagus and some artifact furniture. I think I'll go with entombing him into these royal catacombs when the legendary engravers are done with it. Then I'll throw in children and mayors for him regularly.

Miriage

• Bay Watcher
  • Insane Dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 08:59:34 am »

Apparently he likes the taste of his own kind better then humans, since there was just over 2thousand humans killed in whirledwheels and over 10 thousand Dwarfs killed there. either that or he at all the sacrifices Humans.
Don't listen to a word I say, I am completely insane.
Does that mean you shouldn't listen to my pervious sentence and infact listen to everything I say?

Szkeptik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 09:29:38 am »

Here's his personal info:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He says he's 33 years old, but it's 511 now, so that would put him at a ripe 425 years.

I wonder if that "sect of Zeniths" membership had something to do with his current predicament.

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 10:03:17 am »

Good feel for social relationships gets whole new meaning here...

...I'd let useless immigrants live with him - becoming food would make them useful.

Heh... and I thought my king with 7304 kills was badass...
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)

Dorflord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 11:47:54 am »

can has save please?  :)
Those dwarves were DOOMED to murder each other horribly, because they became friends!
Unlike in My Little Pony Land, where Friendship is Magic!(tm), This is Dwarf Fortress, where Friendship is TRAGIC!(tm)

Id Utalrisen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 12:04:41 pm »

I one had a 1000 year pocket world, and checked in legends who was the king in the one civilization. and apparently it was a dwarf born in the year 2. You'd think someone would have caught on by then.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 12:16:02 pm »

I wonder if that "sect of Zeniths" membership had something to do with his current predicament.

If you mean the 'working slowly due to lack of alcohol' thing, that's a result of being a dwarven vampire - vampire dwarfs are still alcohol dependent, but as vampires don't partake in drinks anymore.

I suspect Whirledwheeled is the old capital, so if your king managed to suck dry 2875 humans there, it should have been his reign that actually brought humans there and his personal preference to 'harvest' them. I'd say that vampire probably prefers human blood, it's just that for dwarfs, getting dwarven blood is much easier. So the best thing to do would be to feed humans (and maybe elves, goblins and animalmen, too) to your king instead of dwarfs. Getting them unconscious in the vicinity of your king could be a nice challenge; a forgotten beast with sleep dust would be incredibly handy.

And if you want to properly feed a king with dwarfs, you should pick the very best - legendary workers only need apply. You wouldn't serve leftovers to a king if you knew your manners. That'd add the challenge of producing a steady stream of legendary dwarfs, fit for the king's table.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2013, 12:16:12 pm »

i have a goblin vampire crossbowman as the queen of my current dwarven civ. Apparently dwarves and goblins coexisted for quite some time in my civ, before the first 100 years when dwarves took in goblins, and there have been a few goblin rulers before her. Shes only around 100-150 years old (cant remember), which is below the natural max age for goblins in world generation.

not sure if i can give orders to other races though, since shes not a dwarf, but im planning to use her (and any other vampires i get) as thrall-wranglers, since evil weather thralls do not attack vampires, i can get them to build a cage trap directly below a walled-off but otherwise loose thrall to recapture them for later use after they've dealt with the forgotten beast/HFS in the pit.
Pages: [1] 2