Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My king is a vampire!  (Read 1606 times)

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
Re: My king is a vampire!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 11:07:59 am »

Will vampires eat goblins cage released / or pitted into a room with them? Or do they need to ambush them?

That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 11:15:05 am »

Will vampires eat goblins cage released / or pitted into a room with them? Or do they need to ambush them?
Vampires need an unconsious victim, make them (the victims) sleep, I recommend to beat them until they give in to pain, then throw then in the vampire room.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 11:56:57 am »

i have a goblin vampire crossbowman as the queen of my current dwarven civ. Apparently dwarves and goblins coexisted for quite some time in my civ, before the first 100 years when dwarves took in goblins, and there have been a few goblin rulers before her. Shes only around 100-150 years old (cant remember), which is below the natural max age for goblins in world generation.

not sure if i can give orders to other races though, since shes not a dwarf, but im planning to use her (and any other vampires i get) as thrall-wranglers, since evil weather thralls do not attack vampires, i can get them to build a cage trap directly below a walled-off but otherwise loose thrall to recapture them for later use after they've dealt with the forgotten beast/HFS in the pit.
Uhhh, no, goblins are immortal.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 01:50:52 pm »

Uhhh, no, goblins are immortal.
not in my world they aint, goblins' maxage in world generation is 120-200 or so (cant remember exactly) so i have plenty of elven and goblin necromancers. I changed the maxage back to 3000 though after world generation was done.

Szkeptik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2013, 04:13:51 am »

I pitted a gobly thief to my king vampire, but he (the king) ran away from him. Too bad, I was expecting the goblin to be torn to shreds. So I'm just feeding my children to the king.

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 04:40:24 pm »

I would just assume dwarves are more preferrable as prey as the neck of humans are a bit out of reach.
Pages: 1 [2]