Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25

Author Topic: National LCS Revisited (4.07.4 Beta Release!)  (Read 107227 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: National LCS Revisited
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2013, 06:29:59 am »

About the FBI, what about Quotico? Its a marine base and home to the FBI training facility, but I can't remember what state its in, I think its in DC.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2013, 07:18:26 am »

Any ideas for how the districts should be named in DC?
With regards to Washington DC, I'd label it as such:

Downtown (usual buildings - Police Station, Courthouse, etc)
National Mall (White House, Capital Building, etc)
Arlington (Pentagon, Intelligence HQ)
IIRC the White House is away from the National Mall.

I think it's close enough that you could get away with listing it as being in the "National Mall" district. At least in the context of LCS.

That said, I've never been to D.C. I'm using Google Maps as my main resource, here.  :P

EDIT: Edited to shrink the quotes.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 07:21:35 am by Capital Fish »
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2013, 12:57:52 pm »

IIRC the White House is away from the National Mall.

I think it's close enough that you could get away with listing it as being in the "National Mall" district. At least in the context of LCS.

This is right; the White House is set back from the national mall by a couple blocks, rather than being directly on or adjacent to it, but it's still in the general cluster of government buildings in that area.

fakechuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2013, 10:22:48 pm »

Not sure if this bug has already been brought to attention, but if you travel to another city with a squad which cannot use the vehicle to which they are assigned this has no effect on travelling.  The game states that the squad could not use the vehicle and then says they are travelling to the other city.  The squad moves to the other city without trouble.  I'm not sure what should happen since the whole vehicle priority system can get confusing at times.

Njals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2013, 05:22:20 am »

Absence of commercial district is fine, IMHO. Looks more realistic.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2013, 08:31:57 pm »

No suggestions yet, but I love this expansion of the game.  Seriously, if this were a commercial title, LCS would be the base game and National LCS would be either the expansion pack or sequel.  Thanks!

EDIT: An idea: I've always thought that at least some issues should vary based upon location.  Only one thing is constant about the state of the legal system in the United States: Laws in New York and in California will always be different.   :P

Death Penalty is a good example.  Although the US Supreme Court has placed certain limitations on the death penalty, whether or not it exists varies by State for State Crimes (although the federal government still has the death penalty, for Federal murder cases and treason).

It sort of introduces the State vs. Federal dynamic that has been missing from the beginning.  I'd also suggest that State Governments might also be implemented, with biases based upon geography (so Texas LCS has a real uphill battle, but New York LCS finds half their work done before they show up).  Although readers in those states that don't make National LCS might be upset, it would be totally acceptable and reasonable to only have a handful of the most significant states included, and perhaps a couple random states also simulated.  Fifty, soon to be fifty-one, states is a lot of ground to cover.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: National LCS Revisited (4.07.3 Beta Release!)
« Reply #141 on: June 29, 2013, 01:20:38 am »

I was hoping to have the Presidential features more complete by today, but as I was working through all the design details of just how much stuff needs to be changed to do justice to how the news, police, political situation, on-site security, and so on would react, it ended up being way more than I was able to get done when I said I would. For that reason, the promised 4.08 is still sometime in the future.

However, I did say there would be a release around today, and I intend to deliver, so here's what I do have working so far. Just bear in mind that poking the President has little effect on the game yet, because I haven't coded that part up.

Without further ado, the 4.07.3 beta release:
LCS 4.07.3 for Windows
Your feedback and bug reports are requested!

The biggest differences between this version and the latest non-beta release are:
1. The ability to play in multiple city mode.
2. The ability to raid the White House and interact with the President.
3. The ability to recruit from the activation screen.

The changes in this version are pretty huge compared to the stickied post, and aren't entirely complete. In particular, much of the behavior around the President is still half-baked. The news doesn't react to stuff involving the President, and kidnapping/converting/seducing him or her has no effect on the game. However, killing the President will result in VP succession.

4.07.3 Changelog
- You can now raid the White House and find the President in the Oval Office.
- Added highly capable Secret Service agents to protect the President.
- Added cost for intercity travel.
- Added ability to raid locations outside the city to one city mode. Costs the same amount as travelling to another city in multiple city mode.
- Restored Commercial District for single city mode.
- Liberals will be forced to complete their original prison sentence when they escape from prison and are re-arrested.
- Liberals will no longer attack unarmed or crippled targets if armed, healthy targets exist.
- Chance of accidentally hitting bystanders with guns reduced to 1%. Melee attacks now also have an equal chance of hitting bystanders.
- Can meet with potential recruits from the activation screen. Some options on the activation screen re-arranged.
- More of the text in the game is cyan rather than blue, to increase contrast with the black background.
- Prostitutes and Gang Members now start with street sense.
- Starting as a gang member now provides you with additional street sense and strength.
- The new game option that mentions trading sex for money now decreases your Heart stat, but gives twice the Charisma bonus.
- Many bug fixes.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 04:57:42 pm by Jonathan S. Fox »

TheGrifter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2013, 02:27:44 am »

Can't find the president in the game.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2013, 03:11:00 am »

Can't find the president in the game.

Can you tell me more?

Here are a few possible tips.

1. He's in the southeast end of the starting level of the White House location. There's an irregularly shaped room with a 4x4 area in the middle clearly marked "Oval Office" that triggers when you step on any of the four tiles with text on them.
2. The White House is in the Travel menu in single city mode, or the Capitol Hill district of Washington DC for multiple city mode.
3. Secret Service will smuggle the President out if you set off the alarm prior to reaching the Oval Office. My intent is to have a timer on this, because it's overly brutal when combined with the metal detector at the front, but at the moment the only way to encounter the President is to avoid the alarm before getting to the Oval Office. Basically, it works the same way as the CEO, where he escapes to a safe room if you shoot your way in. Except he's probably escaping through secret tunnels or something.
4. Right now the President appears as "Barack Obama" or whatever the actual President's name is in your game. I'd like to change this to the equivalent of "President Obama" in the future.

TheGrifter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2013, 03:16:32 am »

Weird glitch. Instead of the president of my game, I keep getting some guy named Shane Radman, who seems to be the president's stand in, only when you try to recruit him, he changes names. The president feature seems... a little bugged. He doesn't spawn in the oval office, he spawns right by the metal detector. Also, he's a liberal, while the president is a conservative.

TheGrifter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2013, 03:43:20 am »

Also, for some reason, the white house is in the National Mall. Not sure if that's a bug, or intended, but... uh... I'm pretty sure that's not how it really is.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2013, 03:56:42 am »

Hm, well, I won't have a chance to really work on it until Monday, but I'll definitely work on fixing things up. You might have somewhat better luck if you redownload; I just swapped out the White House maps. I think my initial upload had outdated maps that didn't include the Oval Office special location.

I incorrectly said the White House is in the Capitol Hill district; it's supposed to be in the National Mall district. The National Mall is not a shopping mall, it's a stretch of parks, memorials, and government offices in Washington DC. The White House is on the north end of the north-south crossbar in the park layout of this image. Technically, the National Mall is only the east-west stretch of parks and such, but the White House is only set back a couple blocks from it, so it works as a district name.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 03:58:32 am by Jonathan S. Fox »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2013, 09:25:49 am »

Is the oval office actually... ya well, oval?

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2013, 12:59:00 pm »

Every game starts me with $100k, regardless of the options.

TheGrifter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2013, 01:33:50 pm »

Me too. Also, the police don't seem to have much... survival instinct now... And the president's name looks like some blocky graphical glitch. Still fun though.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25