Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Above Destiny - So It Begins  (Read 6389 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Above Destiny
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2013, 09:49:53 am »

"Something unannounced, hmm? We lack a fire so beware of your positions."

That said, Rynn searched for a nearby area to hide in, awaiting what was coming along with trying to spot a weapon to use other than bare fists, along with any other area not spotted upon entry (meaning, examine the room for passageways or things which could give a light source.)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2013, 04:42:14 am »

That said, Rynn searched for a nearby area to hide in, awaiting what was coming along with trying to spot a weapon to use other than bare fists, along with any other area not spotted upon entry (meaning, examine the room for passageways or things which could give a light source.)
(5) You notice that the statues on either side of the room will conceal even an armoured human from the view of the entrance and decide to try to take the rusty zweilander from the statue. (6) The fingers break easily, showering you and your surroundings in dust and shards of stone, the root trapping Thomas is severed from its source by the breakage, weakening it.

Try to get my arm out, look for something sharp to cut the root with, if i can't just pull.
'
(2+1) You manage to pull your arm away from the wall but you still have a severed root coiled around your right arm.

Grab something semi-weapon-like and hide near the corridor's entrance, prepared to attack whatever the noises' source is as it enters.
(5) You pull an ancient torch from its bracket next to the door, its better than nothing. You listen to the scraping footsteps coming down the corridor and swing as it reaches the door. (4 vs 1) The unlit torch strikes the strange, wooden creature in the snout, catching it by surprise (HP-3).

ENCOUNTER: Root Bear Cubs

Baldwyn follows Alec towards the direction the sounds came from.
(7 vs 1) Two more cubs charge through the door towards you, snarling. You leap deftly back, using the head of the leader as a platform to jump off of (HP-6, Cub B Killed).

grab the arm and walk with the rest of the group
(6+1 vs 4) You swing the stone arm at the final cub, striking it heavily in the side of the head with a sound like distressed wood. It shakes its head and turns its attentions to you.

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Code: (Map) [Select]
  +---
  |
  | +-
+-I I-+
|     |
|& ! &|
|     |
+--#--+
Legend:
! - You are here
I I - Doorway
# - Tunnel Entrance
& - Statue

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2013, 04:51:51 am »

Baldwyn attempts to to uppercut-kick the cub.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2013, 05:52:19 am »

Finish off the cub
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2013, 10:22:42 am »

"Thanks for the help."
Kick the cub, while its distracted.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2013, 11:04:12 am »

Rynn gripped the hilt of the blade with both hands - it was inefficient for short, quick strokes due to its size. A Zweihander, the knight mused, was much like a polearm due to its length, carried by the shoulder rather than via sheath.

The others were occupied; it was a cub, nothing they could handle.

Rynn decided to move up near the doorway and listen/strike at any sounds which were not footsteps from approaching. Or to scout forward if no sounds are heard.

Or to hack at any roots which deserved hacking...which were currently trapping us or such.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2013, 08:43:29 pm »

Alec swings his unlit torch into one of the cubs.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2013, 12:06:49 am »

Baldwyn attempts to to uppercut-kick the cub.
(6v1) You dash forward and kick the lead cub under it's chin, sending it sailing through the air. (Root Bear Cub A Killed)

Finish off the cub
(3v4-1) You swing the stone arm at the cub, hoping to break a leg but it dodges the blow.

"Thanks for the help."
Kick the cub, while its distracted.
(2v3-1) You give the cub a kick but the blow lands poorly.

Alec swings his unlit torch into one of the cubs.
(5v3-1) You join in the increasingly popular game of 'Beat The Bear', bringing the unlit torch down on the cub's head. (Root Bear Cub C Killed) Cracks run across the cub's wooden face and a pool of translucent, bubbling liquid begins to pool beneath it.

Rynn decided to move up near the doorway and listen/strike at any sounds which were not footsteps from approaching. Or to scout forward if no sounds are heard.
(5) You move past the group and move quietly (that is to say, as quiet as someone in full plate can be) to the next doorway. You listen to your surroundings and hear some footsteps to your right(*)

|        |
  +----I        |
  |   1         |
  | +--I        |
+-I I-+|       -+
|& ! &|
|     |
+--#--+
Legend:
! - Group are here
1 - Rynn is here
* - Sound
I I - Doorway
# - Tunnel Entrance
+Corner
& - Statue

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Above Destiny - Beat the Bear
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2013, 07:04:05 am »

Baldwyn feels thristy for something and decides to go look for some alcoholic beverages.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2013, 07:09:02 am »

"Good job everyone."
Attempt to get the root off of my arm.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2013, 12:02:24 pm »

Forward
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2013, 01:55:45 pm »

Alec nods absently at Thomas and quietly walks down the corridor where Rynn went off to.
"You in there, uh... actually, come to think of it, what's your name?", he asked in a slightly hushed tone towards Rynn's vague direction.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2013, 04:39:13 pm »

"Rynn Avistral, sir."

Rynn looked back to check on who else was coming before deciding to take a quick peek at whoever the footsteps originated from, examining the room in front of me first. "Only a soldier following milord's orders. That is, if I had one.

"As for the things in here and why I'm not going in? Sounds like footsteps. Humanoids have feet."
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 04:42:47 pm by Tiruin »

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2013, 10:49:07 pm »

"Hmm... I see. Well, wait a sec."

Alec walks over, closer to Rynn, ready to back her((this would be the correct pronoun, right? You didn't list a gender or anything, so... :P)) up if whatever is in there happens to notice her peeking in.

"Oh, and I'm Alec Webb, by the way. Hunter."

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2013, 02:40:05 am »

Forward
Baldwyn feels thristy for something and decides to go look for some alcoholic beverages.
As they move into the corridor, (4) Baldwyn could swear he smelled alcohol but is unable to spot it.

"Good job everyone."
Attempt to get the root off of my arm.
You shake the limp root off your arm as you follow the others into the corridor, it seems to have lost its strength after being disconnected from its source.

Rynn looked back to check on who else was coming before deciding to take a quick peek at whoever the footsteps originated from, examining the room in front of me first. "Only a soldier following milord's orders. That is, if I had one.
Alec walks over, closer to Rynn, ready to back her up if whatever is in there happens to notice her peeking in.
The room beyond the corridor is constructed of the same thoroughly engraved stone but the roots are much larger and more numerous than before. Wooden growths sprout from the largest root clusters like bizarre cocoons. Across from the doorway is a statue that has been irreparably damaged by the invasive roots and their quest for nutrients.

Rynn squints into the darkness towards the source of the footsteps. At fist she sees nothing but an orange globe appears at the far end of the room revealing the shapes of four figures, Group A. The sounds of irritated whispering reach the corridor,

"Can you believe they sent us in here with nothing? Not even a measly rusty dagger."
"Quiet. Anyway, you're a wizard. What do you need a weapon for?"
"For stabbing things like that bastard that almost found us upstairs!"
"Can't you just use magic? and keep it down."
"Ugh! So ignorant. I am a lamplighter of the Order of Transportation, I do not lower myself to using the 'offensive' magics. I will face any foe I find with cold iron in my hand and- AGH!"

Unfortunately for him, the lamplighter's sense of chivalry was unable to protect him from the fully grown root bear that burst from the growth behind it. It fell on him from behind, crushing him without hope of a stabbing in return, and his light rather poetically went out. The other members of Group A either stood stock still like a rabbit caught in the path of a fire spirit or fell over and backed away, mentally shocked by what they had just witnessed.

The root bear tried to shake the early morning haze from his mind but eventually came to the conclusion that he was not, in fact, a morning person.*

+-I  I-+
       ++&    &++
       |b      &|
       |%      &|
       |&      %|
  +----I       b|
  |PPPPP        |
  | +--I o     o|
+-I I-+|   B %+-+
|     ||o     |