Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205523 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

Woah, hold the phone! Could you expand this part, I must've missed something:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile

Woah, hold the phone! Could you expand this part, I must've missed something:

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 05:51:29 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Spoiler: HYPE (click to show/hide)
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I must say, the one redeeming part of the whole episode was Lady Cutemont. I had more pleasure watching her two minutes of glory that the rest of the episode.

The rest seemed rushed, with the usual teleportation. News travel instantly. Death are rushed, but we just don't care, people dies without charisma. Cheap CGI just feel like fillers for the fact that they don't have good characters anymore. Like how many characters died in this one episode? Yes, I just can't care.

Also, are the dragons going to fly non-stop for the whole trip?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 10:52:46 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Ohohoho, I think we just discovered where D&D excel - bloody, shocking grrrmmmmmdark

I'm still watching the finale but the first 15 min are proving themselves to not only be a departure from the books, but a bloody damn well excellent one that was executed near-perfectly. The signs were there to boot :D

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

The rest seemed rushed, with the usual teleportation.

To be truly honest, writing is going down. D&D are bad and there is basically nothing redeeming about them... but Miguel Sapochnik is fucking god. His every episode was truly amazing, he is turning shit into diamonds. Actors are also all great, they make it all feel real.

Spoiler: Winter has Come (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Spoiler.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 12:58:08 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

The musical score in the finale actually managed to one-up the Red God's theme, musical score 10/10

Norf Scene and preluding intrigue setup (including Salsa's acting as she realizes shit just went down, 10/10), I agree Kot, CIA's placement everywhere was perfect
King's Landing everything, 10/10. CGI was lacking but, eh, Cersei's actress and the Court of the Seven's actors killed it, including the repurposed Varys plot making all the fucking sense. Dat end closing shot harkening back to S1, some point along the way Cersei plotline became Richard III and it makes the show so much richer for it
Riverlands Scene without spoiling too much (someone just broke a serious guestright rule) 10/10
Dany scenes were the usual crap, but D&D abandon a lot of the usual bullshit plotlines, and to sum up Tyrion's optimism: Stuff is actually happening, 4/10

Basically acting in this one was some of the best the show's ever produced, the musical score was the best the show has ever produced, the writing was passable (at this point, just ignore plot holes. It's worth it, and that's coming from me), Miguel Sapochnik is the 20GOODGOD we have been waiting for. Of all the worthwhile characters, none were underutilized, even in death (cept maybe one certain character I shall not spoil anywho), but you definitely get the sense that it's all coming to a close. And everything really is. Dank episode

*EDIT
Sam Tarly plotline a shit, weakest one by far, and of all the things to steal from, Brendon Fraser mirrors are not one of them (least of all in a library)
Otherwise, dankest episode
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:06:01 pm by Loud Whispers »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

none were underutilized, even in death (cept maybe one certain character I shall not spoil anywho),

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

none were underutilized, even in death (cept maybe one certain character I shall not spoil anywho),

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Yeah, I dislike Sam's plotline pretty hard. I wish he just got cut down or at least confronted by his brother, the "took the sword and walked out" plothole is way too big for me. The only redeeming quality was the Maester, though I actually liked the mirrors and stuff. The orrery is actually the same as the "sun" from the intro.

That kid took King's Landing too fucking literal.
Can't get enough of this joke. I have read it like 100 times and I'm still laughing.

EDIT:
Also, even Bad Poosi couldn't spoil it.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still wondering what will become of Arya.
Figure she's gonna cross paths with the Red Woman again.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Well, who's left on the teleporting assassin's kill list? Jaime? Cersei?

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, who's left on the teleporting assassin's kill list? Jaime? Cersei?

Cersei is definitely there... Come to think of it, both Clegane brothers are.
Spoiler: Picrelated (click to show/hide)
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 167