Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 205645 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Rereading ASOIF

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

- She cajoles Ned into accepting being named Hand of the King and going south

IIRC, in the show, Ned was being lawful stupid about this. She was opposed to him going to King's Landing. Ned felt he had to go because he owed Robert his loyalty in his time of need. Really in the show, it was Robert that convinces Ned to go to King's Landing.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

In the books it was the other way around. And despite that minor whitewash TVCat was still a throughly dislikeable character.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the books it was the other way around. And despite that minor whitewash TVCat was still a throughly dislikeable character.

Eh, driven a little crazy by tragedy maybe. Also she treated Ned's bastard like shit. I like to think she was a passionate woman with all the problems it brings with it. Thoroughly dislikable is a little rough though. She's not, like, Cersei who had her man shove a boy to his death then schmooze up to their mother in a bit of false sympathy.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

who had her man shove a boy to his death

Bad as Cersei was.... she didn't. Jamie Lannister did it out of his own initiative, and was later on berated by Cersei for that.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

who had her man shove a boy to his death

Bad as Cersei was.... she didn't. Jamie Lannister did it out of his own initiative, and was later on berated by Cersei for that.

I could be misremembering but I swear Cersei was like "DO SOMETHING, HE SAW US BANG!"

Considering their incest was what led to her ending up in religious prison....she had an interest in making sure no one found out about it too.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Catlyn was likeable because other than the whole Jon killer fantasies, she was an all right person. A terrible statesman, but Tywin was a good statesman and that didn't make him likeable or a good man.
One can argue how much at fault Catlyn was, for she didn't go full retard over nothing. There was the letter by her sister (who sent it on Littlefinger's orders) telling her the Lannisters killed Jon Arryn, her husband's adoptive father getting killed (on Littlefinger's orders) and then her husband's best friend asking him to replace the man who just got killed by Lannisters (but didn't actually, but she didn't know) in the town full of Lannisters, the assassination attempt on cripple Bran (legitimately not Littlefinger's fault) which she found evidence that Tyrion was behind (the evidence fabricated by Littlefinger) and her kidnapping Tyrion is what instigates Tywin to lead raids upon the riverlands - making war inevitable. And the Littlefinger gives Edd a little nudge in the right direction to discovering the truth that Jon Arryn had discovered, namely the truth behind the Lannister children's lineage.
And then Ned Stark's one chance to fix everything and install the lawful heir Stannis Baratheon to the throne after Robert's death is foiled by Littlefinger. Which results in the dying of Sean Bean. Guaranteeing the Clash of Kings as Renly, Stannis, Balon, Joffrey and Robb (and technically Mance) all get antsy in Westeros. It is also notable that, while Varys handled all of the Iron Throne's assassination attempts on Danaerys, all of them failed. The moment Varys and Littlefinger both agreed that Danaerys had to be assassinated... Surprise surprise, the assassination is only foiled by a conscientious and guilty Jorah Mormont. Also, there's no surprise that Littlefinger when talking to Ned Stark proposed using Joffrey as a puppet King, and should he not become a King they like, expose his secret and replace him with Renly, not Stannis (as they could then use Renly's secret to control him) - and then Renly legitimately weights his claim after this. ALSO Littlefinger was a major source of Baratheon bastards via his brothels. No surprises there either, which is why I also believe he may have found Gendry - he has an affinity and an interest in knowing their whereabouts. He then negotiates the prisoner exchange which makes Catlyn go full retard and screw over the king in the norf and guarantees that Robb Stark (who had otherwise been completely victorious in the war) was fucked, as the Karstarks returned home and the Boltons grew agitated. Littlefinger is then the one to negotiate the Tyrell-Lannister alliance, thereby stopping Stannis from taking King's Landing and ending the war. Littlefinger ruined the chances of two good Kings to end the war. He's a dick like that. He then engages in next level political dickings by marrying Lysa Arryn, then begins fucking around with Tyrell and Lannister attempts at marrying his new waifu, Sansa. Oh, and somewhere in there Littlefinger sends one of his rentboys to being literal political dickings with Loras Tyrell to get the edge in the Tyrell-Baelish politidickings. Then he assassinates Joffrey, plunging the court into yet more chaos with Tyrion being a notable casualty for the cause of the iron throne. What a dick. He then kills Lysa Arryn after telling her that he only ever loved her sister. What a dick. The only good thing he did really was help Sansa escape (which is undone in the show as he quickly puts her in danger by putting her in the Ramsay sexy flying flaying naked ninja court of 20GOODMEN) and nurture Robin Arryn, who everyone dismissed as nothing more than a sickly boy - of course with Littlefinger reminding them that sickly boys can become powerful men... With the reminder that Littlefinger was once a sickly boy being picked on by Stark ubermenschen, and by the end he had orchestrated the deaths of most of the Starks. Not gonna call him a dick for that one, there's too many factors at work to make it black and white.
He then screws over Brienne and Pod, but really this bit is more Brienne's fault for being lawful stupid and a failure of a bodyguard. Nice person, but seriously everyone she swore to protect is dead. She should have told Catlyn to shove off with her crap about freeing Lannisters... Moving on. Littlefinger then continues to screw over the seven kingdoms by betraying the Lannisters in favour of the Boltons (by marrying Sansa to the Boltons), then screwing over the Boltons by revealing this to Cersei and getting Lannister support for an invasion of the North, then screwing over Cersei in favour of the Tyrells by revealing Lancel Lannister's secret sexy time to the faith militiant.

What a dick.

I could be misremembering but I swear Cersei was like "DO SOMETHING, HE SAW US BANG!"
Considering their incest was what led to her ending up in religious prison....she had an interest in making sure no one found out about it too.
Cersei was of the opinion that she could just intimidate Bran, and for that matter just intimidate Jon, and also intimidate Ned. She used to not think killing people first and deescalating later was the better option. Then she killed the King. After that she started killing everyone.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile

And now we reach a conundrum. If it's tl;dr, does it really need a spoiler tag?

Also Baelish needs to get pushed out the moon door. I want to see him fly, mummy!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

Petyr is honestly one of my favorite characters. I hope he comes out on top.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There hasn't been enough Baelish in the show lately.
I still don't know what he's really up to... one moment I think he wants Sansa desperately, the next moment he leaves her in a less-than-pleasant marriage arrangement and goes off to do some more sneaky politicking-stuff. Gosh what an enigma. Oh and he shoved that crazy bitch through the moon door. That was brilliant. :))

Also it's funny, but I find I'm actually looking forward to the next episode for the first time in... a long time.
I can't wait to see

Maybe once that's taken care of I'll be able to enjoy the show a bit better.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile

And then, after Frankengregor goes ape on the Sparrows... who should appear, but a recently converted champion of the faith?

CLEGANEBOWL CONFIRMED

HYPE

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

WHAT IS HYPE MAY NEVER DIE, BUT RISES HYPER THAN HYPE

CLEGANEBOWL

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

The wall was built to keep Stannis out of the realms of white walkers

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

BLA BLA BLA USING DC COMICS PROTOCOL 101 ALTERNATE TIMELINE NEVER HAPPENED BLU BLU BLU
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 167