Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 167

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones: Every time somebody uses the spoiler tags take a shot.  (Read 203893 times)

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Game of Thrones: Histories of seasons and fours.
« Reply #750 on: May 14, 2014, 04:02:00 pm »

For some reason I kinda want to read a fanfiction where Jon Arryn somehow survives the Tears of Lys just because he's that badass, somehow doesn't get assassinated while recovering, and continues to have an effect on stuff. After all, all we hear about Jon Arryn was that he was essentially Ned Stark with a head for politics. Wonder how he'd act in response to King!Joff being a thing.

"He's a bastard"

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 14, 2014, 04:13:42 pm »

tyrion's speech... go my little hero, the only decent person with a brain in the entire series
Jon Arryn who kept the seven Kingdoms alive throughout tyrannical and incompetent Kings, Nedd Stark who tried to play the game for the realm's sake honourably, Robert Baratheon who knew his failings and actually sought help, Tywin Lannister who did all in his might to reduce the cost of Joffrey's follies, Stannis the Mannis Baratheon who actually gathered his strengths before confronting Cersei like an idiot,  Renly Baratheon who in spite of being the pretender still managed to build alliances and recognised the machiavellian concepts of power, Davos Seaworth and Jorah Mormont who together have risked everything in service of their lieges, Barristen Selmy who is always right, the other Mormont who nearly saved the wall from Mance alone, Mance who nearly saved the wildlings all on his own,  that one guy everyone's forgotten about Benjen Stark, Jaqen H'Gar, Bossfish Blackfish whose wisdom came by the pint, invisible patchface, the bear that danced with the maiden fair, Tormund that danced with the bear fair, Jon Snow when he knows no Yggrittes (in case you never noticed her name means regret), that one whore who Joffrey shot with a crossbow, a few of Lord Frey's relatives, Poddy the sexually satisfying titan and the mountain's horse from season 1 (that horse had dragons blood in its veins and was killed in a lannister plot to remove all threats).
See? Plenty of smart good willed people around. All that matters is who you're fighting for. We're willing to look over the mores of men like the hound and tyrion because they have their moral codes and live well by them. Change perspective and you really do just see the monstrous side of them - Jaime is the most honourable person in Westeros and is still in the audience's eyes morally reprehensible, moreso than Tyrion.
They  are both called Kingslayer by the city they both saved; it just takes the right kind of light to make anything look hideous.
half of those are dead, the other half isn't that smart, the third half are hardly decent, and the fourth half is the ones i forgot. so i guess i'm absolutelly right

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 14, 2014, 04:38:10 pm »

For some reason I kinda want to read a fanfiction where Jon Arryn somehow survives the Tears of Lys just because he's that badass, somehow doesn't get assassinated while recovering, and continues to have an effect on stuff. After all, all we hear about Jon Arryn was that he was essentially Ned Stark with a head for politics. Wonder how he'd act in response to King!Joff being a thing.
Jon Arryn as Rasputin? Awesome. He'd make a great counterbalance to Tywin.
Ra ra Jon Arryn, denouncer of Joffrey King
There was a bird who really was brah
Ra ra Jon Arryn, lover of his young trout queen
He really thought it shameful Robert was dumb
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #753 on: May 14, 2014, 04:43:16 pm »

"He's a bastard"
Jon Arryn already knew, he didn't want to start civil war. I wonder how he'd then react to the various rebellions as Stannis had no qualms about honesty. More importantly, how Nedd would react to Jon having known all along.

half of those are dead, the other half isn't that smart, the third half are hardly decent, and the fourth half is the ones i forgot. so i guess i'm absolutelly right
Only 5 were killed, most by littlefinger who is without a doubt the smartest man in the story. Not a fair comparison. All included with the exception of Robert, Podderick, dead whore and dead horse are incredibly wise or intelligent, with a few being both. Of them all only Tywin, Robert, Nedd, Jon Arryn and Stannis have kill counts higher than Tyrion's, and of those 5 all have more honour than Tyrion. Littlefinger just proved that being forgotten isn't a bad thing. We like Tyrion because we're his confidantes, we're in on his every joke. He is highly intelligent, has his own morals... But he doesn't always do the right thing.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 14, 2014, 10:59:51 pm »

Well, there's also Varys, the other smartest man in the story.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #755 on: May 16, 2014, 01:39:59 am »

Well, there's also Varys, the other smartest man in the story.
Yeah but Varys isn't mucb in the way of a decent person. I like to imagine hd does lots of portal esque science with his boxes full of wizards.
Evil Buddha vs Voldemort, round two!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 16, 2014, 01:42:24 am »

Well, he's not an absolute dick, which makes him notable for a dude with such a high level of influence. He's basically Westeros MIB, only it's one guy.
Sig! Onol

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #757 on: May 16, 2014, 01:46:52 am »

Well, he's not an absolute dick, which makes him notable for a dude with such a high level of influence. He's basically Westeros MIB, only it's one guy.
Yeah, he's an absolute gash. If he was even the remotest a visible dick he would've lost his head twice over.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 16, 2014, 01:50:55 am »

Dammit Littlefinger how did you find the Internet
Sig! Onol

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #759 on: May 16, 2014, 01:57:44 am »

Dammit Littlefinger how did you find the Internet
My goatee has wifi.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #761 on: May 16, 2014, 02:30:05 am »

Ah.

Ignore that fox next to you, by the way.
All foxes are working for Petyr whether they know it or not. Petyr also knows what noise the fox makes. Petyr knows many secrets.

Rewatching the episode reveals that Yara split a man's skull open with one throw of an axe while dangling off the side of a wall.
This just makes her inability to hurt Roose even worse. 'Give me my brother back,' what the hell happened to paying the iron price? Where's
when you need him.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 16, 2014, 02:32:16 am »

Ramsay, Pinky, not Roose.
Still, that did seem a little contrived. Maybe we're gonna meet 2Pac I mean
at Moat Cailin?
Sig! Onol

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 16, 2014, 02:39:30 am »

Yeah, as is often the case, it's the scene diverging from the books that are the weakest.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #764 on: May 16, 2014, 03:01:31 am »

Yeah, as is often the case, it's the scene diverging from the books that are the weakest.
They come, they go. Some like the scenes with Petyr and Varys are godly... Others here just don't make sense.

Ramsay, Pinky, not Roose.
Still, that did seem a little contrived. Maybe we're gonna meet 2Pac I mean
at Moat Cailin?
THE ROOSE IS ALWAYS LOOSE

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 167