Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 84

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [GAME OVER: 4/13]  (Read 201136 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: In the Heart of Darkness [D1: 13/13]
« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2013, 08:35:28 am »

NQT is totally right that everyone should do a basic flavor claim.  I am Jean Petit, a farmer of moderate means.  I have come into town with a wagonload of vegetables to sell this summer in the market.  Said wagon is still sitting in the stables at the inn where I'm staying.

Leafsnail:  Do you think flavor claims and counterclaims will have a heavy influence in the outcome of this game?

Okami:  Why ask Vector the same question she asked someone else?

Dariush:  What lessons from the previous WC games do you think can be applied to this one?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2013, 09:10:34 am »

Judging from what happened in the last LNCP game, I agree with a basic flavour claim. I am Pierre Guiot, merchant of fine cloth.

Lenglon, what have you learned from Toon Mafia?

Tiruin, if you were in the scum team and part of your team claimed scum, would you do the same?

Griff, what happens if you try to drown a witch?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2013, 11:33:08 am »

Je m'appelle Marie Bouvet--fille de cuisine et veuve.

Utilisez Google Translate, espèces d'enfoirés :I

(I will not type any other posts solely in French, but I had a powerful desire to show off)

From the roster of available co-witches in this game, I'd take Toaster and Leafsnail.  Maybe ToonyMan instead of Toaster, I haven't played any really crazy games recently.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2013, 11:52:34 am »

"Fools, how could you not know your own lord?  I am Jacques de Crussol, 8th Viscount of Uzès!"

While my character may not be a big follower of witch hunting I will definitely be participating.

Of the first note is this passage, "They can even possess people, and impersonate anyone; any person in this flock may in fact be a witch, whether it is truly that person or not. We must stop them, and stop them now!"  That the Inquisitor kindly pointed out.  So I would not be too trusting, no matter what a player "claims" to be holds no real weight.

Spoiler: really OOC (click to show/hide)

@Okami:
Why would you "bite" and say your name when you question NQT if they could have an ability that would harm people who soft-claim?  Do you enjoy potentially hurting yourself or is this contrary play?

@Vector:
Could you translate that French of yours so that everybody is on the same page?  I can only see this as encrypting information with the guise of "role-playing".

(Since in reality all of our characters would probably be speaking French in the first place...)

@LNCP:
What are the Inquisitor, Sir Andry, and Pope Innocent the Eighth doing right now?

Also, I should note Summis desiderantes affectibus is something the real Pope Innocent VIII did.  I would keep an eye out and take notes, but not take everything word for word because for example, in this world my character wasn't even alive when this happened and I'm sure LNCP pulled real historic people (or at least generic French and German people) for everyone even if the timelines don't match up.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 05, 2013, 01:19:30 pm »

Just to set things straight, Jacques de Crussol, 8th viscount, was definitely alive during the time period this game starts, as the Day 1 flavour tells you. He was also around when the papal bull was written.

You can trust that almost anything you dig up applies here, and I've done my best to maintain that the timelines also match up. There are only a couple of details that I've changed, and you're not likely to ever find those.

Toony:
@LNCP:
What are the Inquisitor, Sir Andry, and Pope Innocent the Eighth doing right now?

The first two are watching the rounded-up townsfolk talk. The Pope is probably in Rome and as such isn't available.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 05, 2013, 01:42:55 pm »

Dammit Google and French people names!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 05, 2013, 01:54:51 pm »

Je m'appelle Marie Bouvet--fille de cuisine et veuve.

Utilisez Google Translate, espèces d'enfoirés :I

(I will not type any other posts solely in French, but I had a powerful desire to show off)

Sure, I'll translate.

"I'm Marie Bouvet, kitchen maid and widow.

Use Google Translate, motherfuckers :I"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 05, 2013, 02:33:28 pm »

@Vector - "My companions of choice would have to be <insert Tiruin's character here> and Jacques de Crussol."

@ NQT - "I am Regnault Coullart, and I make a living making shoes."

@ Deathsword - I learned that I really hate day 1. I did correctly identify you as non-town, I just couldn't prove it, and I didn't know there were so many third parties, and Nerjin... meh, he's not in this game.

Deathsword: why did you ask me that? it seemed like you had an answer you were expecting, and just wanted me to be the one to say it. what was the answer you were expecting?

Deathsword and Toaster: why is a flavor claim a good idea? what flavor-based events happened that makes this important?

Vector: "What did you learn from my answer to your question? how do you use that kind of question to find witches?"

Ottofar: What is your favorite RVS question to ask someone and why is it your favorite?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 05, 2013, 02:40:15 pm »

Fuck my phone I mean voice is almost out of battery.

@Toaster: it won't help town unless flavour cops exist.  Until one claims flavour claims are useless.

@Anyone flavour claiming: why are you flavourclaiming

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2013, 02:43:37 pm »

Why are you giving me flavor names rather than character names, Lenglon?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2013, 02:53:23 pm »

@Toaster: it won't help town unless flavour cops exist.  Until one claims flavour claims are useless.
@Anyone flavour claiming: why are you flavourclaiming
I'm not sure I should answer until you explain why you think so?  Are you trying to goad a possible cop to claim already?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2013, 03:11:14 pm »

Lenglon (and Leafsnail): In the previous two games there was a flavor cop (me, both times.)  In the first one I was able to out a dangerous third party by catching a fakeclaim of his.  Given the strong flavor links in the first games, I see absolutely no reason not to briefly flavor claim in this one, which is why I did so readily.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 05, 2013, 03:19:56 pm »

I'm Denis Le Breton, an old-clothes salesman. Not an old, clothes salesman.

German people
I don't see any German people.

Katherine Boulengier
journeyman carpenter
Female journeyman carpenter? Did those exist?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 05, 2013, 03:31:52 pm »

@Vector - whimsy. I just felt like answering that question in character. does it matter? are there any questions in particular that you want me to answer out of character rather than in character, or the other way around?

Vector:
Vector: "What did you learn from my answer to your question? how do you use that kind of question to find witches?"
seriously, I have trouble with day 1 and the RVS phase of the game. how is that RVS question useful?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 05, 2013, 04:58:02 pm »

I think that a basic flavor claim sounds good, so I'm  Estienne Moreau, a taverner in town.

griffinpup - How many witches do you think we have to find?
Well, the only other game I've played with thirteen players, Toon Mafia, had three mafia in it, but it also had a ton of third party players in it.  I wouldn't be surprised to see at least four anti-town players.  Possibly mafia and an SK or something.

Griff, what happens if you try to drown a witch?
Well, in my experience, and assuming that they're only tied up and weighted, they get dropped in the lake and then proceed to untie their knots.  After they get undone, they have to swim underwater for a while until they find some reeds to breathe through to avoid being seen by the idiots attempting to drown a witch.

Why did you ask this question?

Vector:
What's your preferred alignment and why?

Toonyman:
What players in this game are you worried about?  What players do you have meta-reads on them?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 84