Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190884 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.83
« Reply #1065 on: November 20, 2013, 06:35:50 am »

If she's dead, recover her blood for me, will ya?

"Certainly, darling."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: November 20, 2013, 10:30:18 am »

"Oh, right, Medha. I wondered where she went, honestly. I hope she doesn't hold it against us that we left her alone like that."

Rest here, find a secure-looking spot. Utilize bedroll. Hope Gerald has been with me this entire time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: November 20, 2013, 11:10:55 am »

Tackov looks around.  "The witch?  Hmm... how many people can that squid hold?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 20, 2013, 12:54:26 pm »

"I'll stay here, thank you very much. Don't want to run into those kobolds again before getting a good rest."

Find a nice, safe spot without a lot of embers, and sleep there.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: November 21, 2013, 07:31:49 am »

((that squid can probably hold two and if I manage to update I'm assuming you're on it, Toastackov. Any one seen the Wild Bunch, that bit at the end where they go back for Angel? Hohoho, it won't happen, but that's what I thought of reading Dwarmin's action))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 21, 2013, 07:42:06 am »

Tackov looks around.  "The witch?  Hmm... how many people can that squid hold?"

"Two, three at most.

I daresay my royal rump is all he deserves, however. Isn't that right, Lord Eric Warsquid?"

The squid burbles in a familiarly imperious manner, similar to Lady Foxglove, indicating he agrees.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: November 21, 2013, 09:04:39 am »

Tackov arches an eyebrow.  "Well, you might need a hand there.  No sense in everyone disappearing one by one.

Hop on Squiddy behind Foxglove.  Hold on with hands in perhaps a bit inappropriate places.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.84
« Reply #1072 on: November 21, 2013, 04:52:05 pm »

Turn Eighty Four

Gather materials for a campfire. Light campfire. Rest and examine cave closer in the shine of its flickering light.

"...tch. In the end, the only person I can rely on is myself... 's how it's always been. Should never have assumed it was going to change though that bunch anyway..."

So says Medha as she stumbles about in the dark in her miserable cave, smelling of stinky kobold sweat and blood, and worse, gathering bits of broken wood and other likely flammable objects into a nicely shaped mound. She scrapes about in her inventory for something to put a spark to her nicely shaped mound, chk chk chks away with a flint, and then, suddenly: whoosh! – bang go Medha’s eyebrows; fffshooom! – bang goes Medha’s hurriedly gathered firewood; ooooof! – bang goes Medha’s flickering light in an explosion of slightly too flammable object.

"...Bugger..."

She sits down for a second, and decides to examine the cave closer in the shine of her cold sweaty fingers. She runs them up and down the walls, up and down the length of the kobold dormitory. Aside from a few more bits of firewood, a few bits of damp rags – what passes for kobold bedding – and a large saucepan, she doesn’t really find much. The room is no more than 30 foot in either direction. The door at one end is heavy, and seems to be made of rock.

"Feck this," mildly swears Tackov, some distance away from Medha’s ex-eyebrows.

"Let's stop here."

Bukkar need heal, comes a grunt from their friendly barrel, Let's stop here.

"But comrades! What… what could I be forgetting?

....MEDHA!"

Some are less enthusiastic, and it soon emerges that a trio of the adventurers are in favour of forming a veteran sleeping party, hardened and ready to venture forth into the deepest depths of sleep.

"Oh, right, Medha. I wondered where she went, honestly. I hope she doesn't hold it against us that we left her alone like that."

"Oh, she’s a… competent… woman? Independent person?"

"Hmm."

"You’re right! I shall fly immediately to the rescue! I imagine my hair will flow in the wind in a particularly seductive manner! I shall be like a bat, gliding across the night!"

"I'll stay here, thank you very much. Don't want to run into those kobolds again before getting a good rest."

"Oh, all right then. Well."

"The witch?  Hmm... How many people can that squid hold?"

Tackov never gets a verbal answer: before he knows it, Lady Foxglove swoops down on him like a gloriously maned bird of prey, twirls him by the arm, and slaps him down on the back of her squid.

Operation Rescue Tacky Witch is go!

A few seconds later the squid slows down as Foxy Foxglove pulls up on the bridle, turns round, smacks Tackov across the face, and instructs him to hold on elsewhere unless he wants her to push him right bloody off.

Back at the campsite, the resting trio rest, with considerable success and no small application of skill. Despite no specific instructions regarding standing watches through the night, the night passes without incident, and slightly odd things happen to time in order to keep things going.

Whilst Tackov and Foxglove glide through the night, whilst Medha singes off her eyebrows, Bukkar, Whiz, and Gervedder sleep soundly, and some of them wake to the sunrise and the crowing of a nearby cockerel.

"Hmm," hmms Gervedder, not for the first time this turn, "It’s quiet. Too quiet."

He pauses for a second whilst Whiz and Roñardo look at him, a slight trace of concern on their faces.

"The lack of heavy snoring reverberating in an enclosed space can mean only one thing..."

He walks over to Bukkar's barrel; he flips open the lid.

It's empty.

"We need to find the nearest gutter..."

"Crap."

Nearby, time also passes, and so do Lady Foxglove, and Tackov, and Lady Foxglove's flying warsquid, above the ground a short distance below. They get about what Foxglove figures is probably half way back up the mountain when she awakes with a sudden jolt.

"Oh, I say. Asleep at the bridle. Tackov, I need to pull over and rest."

There's no answer.

"Tackov?"

There's a light snoring; she turns round to smack him another time in the hope of shutting him up.

He's not there.

"Tackov? Bloody wizards."

But there was a light snoring, she thinks, unless she's hallucinating in her tiredness. There is a light snoring.

Odd.

Eventually she looks downwards.

Ah.

"You saved him? Good gods. Well, well done Lord Eric, both for catching the sleeping eejit and for putting up with his... sleep-groping... And... goodness. Is that dribble? Well, the question is: durst I continue dri- er, flying in such a state of fatigue?"

Back at the mountain, Medha's pitch black inspection of the rock door, put off for some hours by an impromptu and unplanned doze, is suddenly restarted with a jolt.

That... that very definitely seems to be some kind of scratching at the door.

No, it's more... it's a kind of scratching mixed with occasional jangling. Medha approaches to look, and realises there's a keyhole in the door, invisible in the dark except for, well, except for the dim light that seems to be shining through it. There's a jangle and then a kind of scratchy clunk and the light disappears; a jangle and a clunky scratch and the light disappears again; it happens maybe six or seven times before Medha thinks-

"Crap."

Somebody is trying a series of keys in the door.

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 10:44:54 am by lawastooshort »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.84
« Reply #1073 on: November 21, 2013, 05:27:16 pm »

Lady Foxglove consults her character sheet.

"No sleep penalties yet, I should be good to go...must...rescue...Medha...

I swear it's taken me twice as long to get up as it took me to get down!"

Action: Onward to Glor....zzzzzz..I mean, ahem...Rescue Medha!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: November 22, 2013, 10:16:24 am »

You know, I could have sworn I put those clothes on at some point.  You think Foxglove would have objected.

"Zzzzzz."

Get carried.  If I wake up, put on clothes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: November 22, 2013, 10:20:54 am »

"What a highly pleasant nap that was. Now it is time to do something more useful."

Search about for the exotic plants I require.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 22, 2013, 10:29:39 am »

You know, I could have sworn I put those clothes on at some point.

((I'm not sure without checking, but I think you waved them about threateningly. Or... was that something else...))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 22, 2013, 10:32:45 am »

((Yeah, that happened, but I think there was also a post that never happened.))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 22, 2013, 10:32:59 am »

((Shouldn't Red Carpet be refreshed now?))

"Gervedder, I think we lost another drunk little bugger. I'm going to check various locations in the remains of the camp for him."

Search for the place the alcohol supplies in the Miner's camp were stored, for that's surely where Bukkar ended up if anything survived the fire. Also, check out the remains of whatever sort of armory or tool supply station they had, too.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 22, 2013, 10:34:47 am »

((Just make a sound like bacon and he'll come running.))
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 118