Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190991 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.68
« Reply #885 on: September 21, 2013, 09:42:17 am »

Action: pull the party away from their search for pipeweed and toward the inferno/quest bait!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.69
« Reply #886 on: September 23, 2013, 09:47:19 am »

Turn Sixty Nine

If Gervedder can just look around all the time for cool plants, then so can I! Or perhaps other things? Coal, flint, dry wood, poisonous mushrooms, bamboo - the strength of an alchemist curse crafter always depends on the depth of their pockets!

Help with the herbalism.

Jealous at Gervedder’s amazing successes, Medha starts scrabbling out in the dirt for something interesting too.

She soon finds a nice patch of Faery-weed – a plant with sharp branches, a type of vine hanging off a pair of nearby trees and known through Istria for their leaves’ soothing qualities when rubbed on sore feet.

She also finds a very sharp flint, and when Tackov ambles over he points out a very shiny see-through stone, round like a marble.

Medha stares at and through it for some time, and suddenly realises that various other members of the party have left to investigate the smoke in the distance.

Run slightly ahead toward where the smoke is coming from - should be visible from here, right?

Action: pull the party away from their search for pipeweed and toward the inferno/quest bait!

Gervedder runs up ahead towards where the smoke is coming from, but is then overtaken by Lady Foxglove, darting past at a speed that should be incompatible with her dragging of Whiz and Bukkar behind her but is driven by her desperate desire to do something more useful than gather pipeweed. There could be innocent victims to save/loot/attack/charm!

She’s not more than a hundred metres past Gervedder when the screaming intensifies, and suddenly half a dozen charred and wailing miners, carrying picks and not much else, appear on the trail ahead. They keep running when they spot Lady Foxglove and her followers, about a mile from the camp.

”Save us! A pair of dragons! Help! A terrible pair of horrible dragons! A horrible pair of terrible dragons! They’ve burnt down the camp! They were gonna eat us alive! They’ve eaten Arnold alive! They came out of nowhere! Help!”

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.69
« Reply #887 on: September 23, 2013, 09:59:56 am »

Dragons! An Adventurers natural prey!

Or was it the other way around?

"Two Dragons!? How big were they? What color were they?" she asked, shaking a wailing miner by his collar. A Dragons coloration was very important to determining their species!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 23, 2013, 10:28:40 am »

”Oh, ma’am, they were terrifying, right big, about…”

The hysterical imbecile wanted to say about the size of a small family car, but that would have been an exaggeration, and they hadn’t been invented yet.

”…about the size of… a pony?”

”No, you twollop, more like a really angry goat, yer daft beggar!”

”Or a right big crocodile!”

”Or a nelephant with no legs!”

”Yeah, that sounds aboot right, a nelephant, with no legs. Except these buggers had legs.”

”And wings!”

”And fire!”

”And it was… they was…”

”They were what, peasant?”

”They was…  red…”

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 23, 2013, 10:44:39 am »

Lady Foxglove shakes him once more for good measure, then lets him go.

Then she turns to her party.

"Well, there you have it. I was told of these earlier-they're small, wild dragons. As to Dragons what Halflings are to humans, essentially. They're not very intelligent, but they have all the cunning a beast would have. I recall Red Dragons are supposed to covet material wealth, burn towns, and devour beautiful maidens-they've certainly tried to eat me before!-but, I think these ones are just out for whatever they can get. They might even take Medha!

You know the drill-aim for the eyes and mouth, or wings if they are airborne-you can do a decent amount of damage knocking down a Dragon in the air. Stay away from the fire-most Dragons can only breathe so long, for so much before having to catch a breath. Also, don't let them eat you. Or sit on you. Dragon sitting is a terrible thing to put on ones obituary.

So, shall we slay them and make fashionable jackets from their hides, or slink back into the forest?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 23, 2013, 12:08:51 pm »

Tackov looked at the sudden lack of traveling companions.  "Blast.  They've gone on without us."

Catch up with the party.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 23, 2013, 12:23:31 pm »

"Well, there you have it. I was told of these earlier-they're small, wild dragons. As to Dragons what Halflings are to humans, essentially. They're not very intelligent, but they have all the cunning a beast would have. I recall Red Dragons are supposed to covet material wealth, burn towns, and devour beautiful maidens-they've certainly tried to eat me before!-but, I think these ones are just out for whatever they can get. They might even take Medha!

You know the drill-aim for the eyes and mouth, or wings if they are airborne-you can do a decent amount of damage knocking down a Dragon in the air. Stay away from the fire-most Dragons can only breathe so long, for so much before having to catch a breath. Also, don't let them eat you. Or sit on you. Dragon sitting is a terrible thing to put on ones obituary.

So, shall we slay them and make fashionable jackets from their hides, or slink back into the forest?"

"'I wonder how intelligent they are. Mere flying feline-reptiles or something more? Perhaps some reconnaissance is in order. Could I have your pole, Lady?"

Ask for pole. Regardless of results, look at the burning village. Can I see the dragons from here, draw any conclusions about their behavior?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 23, 2013, 12:34:53 pm »

Lady Foxglove hands it to Gervedder.

"I can't imagine what use you would have for it, but be careful! It's bound to be a holy artifact to Ravena.

She might turn you into a bird if you despoil it..."
She chides, wondering what sort of avian he would look best as...perhaps a stork...or a carrier pigeon...

Action: Proffer the Holy Pole. Wait for the outcome of Gervedders Recon/Save him when the Dragons attack him.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 12:38:19 pm by Dwarmin »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 23, 2013, 12:40:03 pm »

"Very good. In any case, I will be sure to use it carefully and with the utmost respect for its divine favor."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 23, 2013, 01:14:59 pm »

Bukkar, having fallen asleep in his barrel, jerks awake with a start and the knowledge of dragons!

What's this? Dragons? WAKE-UP FIGHT! he roared with a grin.
His filth-caked arm whipped Roñardo the peasant and he bellowed, ONWARDS, ROÑARDO! TO GLORY AND DRAGONS AND LOOT AND SUCH!

Catch up with party, ascertain location of foul fire lizards.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 23, 2013, 10:29:00 pm »

Enlist one of the miners as a new mount, then scout out the dragons.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.70
« Reply #896 on: September 25, 2013, 07:38:12 am »

Turn Seventy

Ask for pole. Regardless of results, look at the burning village. Can I see the dragons from here, draw any conclusions about their behavior?

As Tackov and Medha catch up with the advance party, Gervedder accepts the Holy Pole – and all the responsibilities this confers – and, holding the Holy Pole, looks at the burning village.

He can kind of only see the rising smoke from here though, because there’s a bush in the way.

Enlist one of the miners as a new mount, then scout out the dragons.

Just then, Whiz the Whizzard sprints past, or rather gallops past on his new serf’s shoulders, bellowing as loud as he can as he charges headlong into the miners’ camp.

He gets to within about 10 yards of the camp before his serf trips on a nearby stone, sending him and his new master flying face first into the dirt.

Whiz can’t see anything, except for the dirt, but something can certainly see him.

Two dragons start lumbering towards the prone wizard!

Catch up with party, ascertain location of foul fire lizards.

ROÑARDO, ROÑARDO! ONWARDS, ROÑARDO! comes a sudden cry from back down the path, with increasing volume and increasing amounts of clanging.

TO GLORY AND DRAGONS AND LOOT AND SUCH!

Just as it looks like Whiz is going to have to fight two dragons on his own for an entire round Bukkar and his barrel arrive!

A beady angry eye pokes up against one of the holes in the barrel as Bukkar ascertains the location of the foul fire lizards.

Holy crap they’re right there in front of him!

Spoiler: GM’s notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:12:58 am by lawastooshort »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.70
« Reply #897 on: September 25, 2013, 07:41:24 am »

"So I guess we just follow the smell of vomit, aye?"

Follow the bouncing barrel to the fight.  Don't get in melee range, because that would be silly.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 25, 2013, 07:47:22 am »

"Yes. Let's proceed quickly, of course."

Run toward Whiz and Bukkar until I am in comfortable crossbow aiming range of the dragons. Examine draconic anatomy from a distance. How large are they? How many limbs? How long are the tails? How powerful are the wings?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 25, 2013, 07:52:38 am »

"While the Dragons are eating Whiz, everyone circle round and attack!" Lady Foxglove shouts confidently, where Whiz can perfectly hear her.

Action: Fly over, and around-sneak into the woods with my OP ninja stealth skills, and get behind the biggest looking dragon. Fire a crossbow bolt into it's unarmored rear end!

OOC: @Lawas: You misspelled 'Ravena'.

ONE N.

Heretic. :I

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 118