Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 190978 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.68
« Reply #870 on: September 20, 2013, 09:14:48 am »

Search about for some duckcreeper and ragbuttercup plants, if they do indeed grow around here.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 20, 2013, 09:26:56 am »

Search about for some duckcreeper and ragbuttercup plants, if they do indeed grow around here.

Whilst the smoke begins to rise above the spare treeline, Gervedder potters about like a gardener in an allotment. After a short potter, he comes across what he suspects are, indeed, duckcreeper vines and ragbuttercup plants. There is at least something ivy-like with golden-green leaves creeping (like a duck, notes Gervedder – these herbalists are smart…) up a nearby tree and, judging by the smell of rancid milk he now can’t get off his fingers, he is fairly sure the yellow flowers he’s just picked are indeed from ragbuttercups. A thought occurs to him, and he bends down.

”Bother. I appear to have knelt in some ragbuttercup too, if that is what these are. My knee stinks of rancid milk.”

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 20, 2013, 09:34:09 am »

Gather herbs. Look up cure for the Vomiting and the two plants I need again, just to be sure. Maybe something's changed already.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 20, 2013, 10:09:39 am »

Gather herbs. Look up cure for the Vomiting and the two plants I need again, just to be sure. Maybe something's changed already.

Gervedder sniffs his fingertips, declines to lick them, and flicks a little less deftly through his herbalology book than he might have done. He finds The Vomiting; Cure with ease and finds the two cross-referenced plants. They are still the ragbuttercup and duckcreeper, and the instructions for preparation are still the same, he notes, before momentarily wondering why he ever might have thought it could possibly have been any different.

The brave messenger gathers a pint-glass sized bunch of both, gives any idea of having pleasant-smelling fingers up for the next day or three, and stuffs them carefully in the special herb section of his inventory.

He pauses to feel pleased to himself at his first successful apprentice herbalist’s action.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 20, 2013, 10:11:39 am »

Lady Foxglove hovers back down.

"Good news! It's a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky.

Bad news. There's what looks like a mining camp ahead of us, completely on fire."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 20, 2013, 10:20:11 am »

"Very interesting. Were there screams? Or does it seem like everything's transpired already?"

Look up Feckiel's angelica.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 20, 2013, 10:37:22 am »

It's totally a type of root vegetable. It has red berries growing on it and is found in stony soil, two hand spans underground. Its protruding plant is small and pale. The root vegetable part is the useful.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 20, 2013, 10:51:09 am »

See if anything in vicinity matches that description.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 20, 2013, 11:01:19 am »

"Very interesting. Were there screams? Or does it seem like everything's transpired already?"

"There were tiny people scurrying about pointlessly, but the fire does look to be nearly out of control already."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 20, 2013, 11:04:12 am »

"Perhaps we should investigate that, then," Gervedder states absentmindedly, looking around for one of the herbs he so desires.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 20, 2013, 11:05:36 am »

See if anything in vicinity matches that description.

Nope, nothing particularly like a small pale plant round here, but then the soil isn’t particularly stony either, Gervedder notices. Oh well. Perhaps higher up?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 20, 2013, 11:23:06 am »

If Gervedder can just look around all the time for cool plants, then so can I! Or perhaps other things? Coal, flint, dry wood, poisonous mushrooms, bamboo - the strength of an alchemist curse crafter always depends on the depth of their pockets!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 11:25:15 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 20, 2013, 02:58:01 pm »

Even though the adventurers haven’t visited it yet, it appears to be a blazing inferno.

Sounds about right.

Tackov shrugs.  Not much to do here except help all these wannabe herbalists.

Help with the herbalism.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 20, 2013, 04:24:12 pm »

"Well, nothing to do but take a look, I suppose."

Run slightly ahead toward where the smoke is coming from - should be visible from here, right?

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.67
« Reply #884 on: September 20, 2013, 10:43:05 pm »

"I can get us to that bandit immediately, if you want me too."

"How so?"

"With magic."
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 118