Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191181 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.40
« Reply #555 on: July 29, 2013, 07:10:04 am »

Lady Foxglove had been winding up her action foot to kick the door down when The Messenger interrupted her.

"It's an ugly door anyway, I doubt there's anything inside." She said, the taste of sour grapes on her tongue

Action: Wait to see what pops out of the ugly door! If anything.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 29, 2013, 07:55:32 am »

Stand to the side of the door (the side that doesn't have hinges on it), knock on the door from this position, quickly withdraw hand.

"Perhaps we should knock on the thing?"

"It's an ugly door anyway, I doubt there's anything inside."

Standing as if trying to hide behind the doorframe, Gervedder takes up position, motions for his comrades to do likewise, but not necessarily all behind the same piece of doorframe, and knocks.

There’s a fairly distinct returned knock, and what sounds like someone growling into a melon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 29, 2013, 08:10:01 am »

"Excuse me, creature in the room, can you communicate intelligibly with us?"

Knock a few more times, but with a bit more flair and style. Take a step to the side so that my back is to the wall.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 29, 2013, 08:25:59 am »

"You may not be mage enough, but I am!  Probably."

Magically assess the trapological components of the door.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.40.5
« Reply #559 on: July 29, 2013, 09:14:27 am »

Magically assess the trapological components of the door.

Knock a few more times, but with a bit more flair and style. Take a step to the side so that my back is to the wall.

"You may not be mage enough, but I am!" forsoothes Tackov, dragging himself on his elbows towards the door and straining his head to try to get a glimpse of the suspected trap site three quarters up the frame.

"Probably."

He can get his head about as far as the keyhole if he keeps himself propped up with both hands.

"Possibly."

He can’t really make out where Gervedder found the trap though, unless he strains and creaks his head over to the left.

"Er."

It’s giving him neck ache just trying.

"It’s er… definitely a… uh..."

"Excuse me, creature in the room, can you communicate intelligibly with us?" cries out Gervedder as Tackov’s hands give way and the wizard collapses onto his face. Gervedder knocks firmly.

"I said, can you communicate intelligibly with us? I say! Open up! We are but peaceful travellers who seek a roof for the night!"

Gervedder bangs on the door a bit more.

It begins to rain.

He pounds a bit harder.

"Open the door! Open the door!"

Panicked by the sudden onset of mysterious rain, Gervedder pounds like he’s never pounded before, pounding through the jammed door and pounding away right into the room beyond, pounding right past the troglodyte zombie trying to pound the door back, pounding past the burning fire that shoots out of the doorframe, and pounding into a tumbling crumbled heap at the feet of what appear to be a trio of skeletal ex-wizards.

One of them has a pointy hat.

The ex-wizards roll for inititiave.

There is a slight smell of burning chest hair.

Gervedder looks down for the briefest of seconds.

Wound Acquired: Gervedder Vietzo: Burning Chest Hair!

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.40.5
« Reply #560 on: July 29, 2013, 09:20:14 am »

"Get the wizards first. They are unknown quantities."

Run at Human Wizard Skeleton the First (the one with the Raging War Kill, if clarification needed) and try to dislocate his pelvis from the rest of his skeleton with a well-placed running kick.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 29, 2013, 10:01:22 am »

Lady Foxglove sniffed the air daintily, colorful smoke wafting from the Messengers chest.

"What's that smell? It reminds me of a burning...mailbox...?"

She ignored it after a moment. Skeletons! She decided to mug one and rob it of it's magical power! All wizards power came from hats, right?

Action: Steal the hat from the Skeleton with the pointy hat. And punch it in the face, demanding lunch money.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 29, 2013, 10:10:30 am »

"More fecking skeletons?  Really?"

Wind Blast the most undamaged skeleton into the second most undamaged skeleton!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 29, 2013, 10:16:16 am »

"More fecking skeletons?  Really?"

"The Gods are being quite uncreative today, it seems..." She murmurs, looking into the sky.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 29, 2013, 11:24:09 am »

Gee Whiz I, then double punch whichever skeleton Toaster doesn't Wind Blast.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 29, 2013, 01:15:49 pm »

There's a brief rumble, then a shrill cry as Bukkar pops out of the portal. 

FECKIN' GOLD STEALERER

Look for Medha. Rob of substantial amount of money.
Oh, and free my foot from the table in order to do this.
Then go back to the doctor guy and cure the Vomiting.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 29, 2013, 05:24:47 pm »

"Oh crap."

Redirect Bukkar into skeleton wizards like a torero. Backup plan: Have lil' Skullduggery headbutt Bukkar's groin, then run like hell.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.41
« Reply #567 on: July 31, 2013, 06:28:29 am »

Turn Forty One

Quote from: HWS3
HAND OF LEPROSY on… dice roll… WHIZ!

”More feckin’ adventurers?” rasps the angriest of the three skeletal wizards as he lurches awkwardly towards the six fecking adventurers, ”Really?”

Something seems to tick tick tick in his mind, or in the space where his mind used to be, and he changes direction, lurching slightly more menacingly than before and grasping out with his outstretched hands towards Whiz the Whizard, who seems to be quite busy looking in his poc – wait, he isn’t naked?

Oh.

The skeletal wizard – Human Wizard Skeleton Three – tries to get a firm grip on Whiz’s chest, hoping to leprify it off, but he misses, and stumbles past!

Redirect Bukkar into skeleton wizards like a torero. Backup plan: Have lil' Skullduggery headbutt Bukkar's groin, then run like hell.

Look for Medha. Rob of substantial amount of money.
Oh, and free my foot from the table in order to do this.
Then go back to the doctor guy and cure the Vomiting.

"Oh," blurts out Medha, completely unrelated to witnessing Whiz’s prolonged survival or clothedness and much more related to the mildly irritated yells emanating from the portal from which she’s just appeared.

FECKIN' GOLD STEALERER

Medha looks around herself just to check.

"Crap."

There’s no one else who looks quite as much like a gold stealerer as her.

"Oh crap oh crap."

Before Medha can take any preventative measures at all, Bukkar, and in particular his foot and what looks like bits of table leg, introduce themselves to Medha’s arse with considerable yet friendly force!

Medha clatters several feet forward into the ground, sliding a small amount for comic effect, and comes to a halt in the middle of the dark room.

Something – Bukkar, judging by the smell of cheese – starts rummaging through her pockets.

It steals Medha’s bag of FOUR HUNDRED Green Farthings!

Bukkar turns away to gloatingly return to the inn and doctor when suddenly a pet skull starts nipping at his ankles before jumping up and headbutting the barbarous mage in the groin!

As he collapses to the ground – appearing very much to be suffering from a fractured groin – Bukkar starts to be hideously sick.

He bravely drags himself and his sack of FOUR HUNDRED large copper coins across the floor towards the portal and medical attention, hauling himself, in such groin pain that all he can see is bright white light, across the pungently and freshly lubricated stone flooring. 

He inches stoically towards the portal and away from the undead doom behind.

Bukkar pulls himself to his feet.

He retches!

He retches so heavily that the portal is entirely covered, at which point it fizzles, and crackles, and fades, and disappears.

Wound Acquired: Bukkar Crangrom: Fractured Groin!

Bugger.

Action: Steal the hat from the Skeleton with the pointy hat. And punch it in the face, demanding lunch money.

Run at Human Wizard Skeleton the First (the one with the Raging War Kill, if clarification needed) and try to dislocate his pelvis from the rest of his skeleton with a well-placed running kick.

"What's that smell?" asks Lady Foxglove, deciding enough money related nonsense is enough, "It reminds me of a burning...mailbox...?"

"That’s... just… it’s nothing…"

"Oh. For a moment there I thought there was some kind of lizard-skin based body hair conditioner flavouring the smoke. Must have imagined it. Onwards, comrades! Let us smash the… uninventive undead!"

"Get the wizards first. They are unknown quantities."

"And are easily defeated! Hark! Yea! They wear pointy hats, wherein is stored much of their evil magicks!"

"One of them has a pointy hat."

"He’s mine! En garde, fiend!"

"Are you taking this seriously? These are undead skeletal wizards you know, not just any old skeletons – they could kill us!"

"Pfffff!"

Skipping lightly around the zombie towards the menacingly pointy hatted dead wizard, Lady Foxglove narrowly misses with her cunning attempt to steal its power and instead punches it right in the face and leaves a nasty hole in the side!

Suddenly Gervedder flies past feet first like a ballista bolt of burning vengeance and chest hair!

The skeleton’s pelvis breaks!

Quote from: Troglodyte Zombie
Attack… dice roll… Whiz! With a rock!

Just then the Troglodyte Zombie interrupts Gervedder and Lady F’s post-situationalist dance collaboration, flinging a huge rock towards Whiz’s eyes.

It bounces off, leaving but a nasty bruise!

Quote from: HWS2
Summon Skeletal Knight!

Just then the Human Wizard Skeleton who is neither clearly the leader nor the one with leprous hands summons a skeletal knight. There’s an obviously and, thinks Tackov, unnecessarily flashy shimmering of vaguely evil light and then a skeleton materialises.

It’s wearing a full suit of plate armour.

It’s carrying a large rusty two handed sword.

It’s… marching directly towards Whiz!

It’s raising its vast murderous weapon!

It misses.

Wind Blast the most undamaged skeleton into the second most undamaged skeleton!

Gee Whiz I, then double punch whichever skeleton Toaster doesn't Wind Blast.

"More fecking skeletons? " complains Tackov, "Really?"

"Yes… the Gods are being quite uncreative today, it seems..." murmurs Lady Foxglove, between punches into the wizard’s – the skeletal wizard’s – face, looking wistfully into the sky through several layers of rock. "Urg, did you hear that?"

"What th- "

"Is it coming from above?"

"It’s – Oh good gods! "

A cry of terror pierces the blackness of the dungeon.

"Oh Lady preserve us!"

A wail of fear cuts through the darkness of the temple.

"Oh crap."

"A… a mummified… "

"Oh gods…"

"S… sabre toothed… sheep?"

As Tackov readies his magics towards the healthy summoning skeleton, the sheep, massive pointy sharp teeth gleaming, leaps out of the shadows and towards the lucky mage, totally failing to rip off his temporarily useless leg.

”Baa!”

"Feck!"

The wizard aims his mind towards the wizard with the warrior, gusting him gently towards the wizard trying to molest Whiz. It’s not a very impressive gust. It’s not a very destructive blast. It is, in fact, rather more like two well-dressed Englishmen of a certain age bumping into each other absent-mindedly in an Edwardian library: bumbling apologies are offered and a top hat adjusted whilst news about Diana, whom neither of the pair has seen for quite some time – since that terrible business with the diamond and the three horse carriage in fact, why, I think it’s fair to say she was awfully ill-treated, and I do think Cousin Victoria might have been a little more friendly about it, but it isn’t really on to gossip, is it, although, you know, I do rather think she’s landed on her feet, and Charles is very humane to still think so highly of her – of Gould’s in general, don’t you know, I say though, I still prefer my club to any other, set in my ways now, you see, anyway-

Both skeletons are lightly damaged!

Rushing between the two lightly damaged skeletons comes Whiz, almost faster than the human eye can see but not nearly as fast as his fists!

With one punch the vicious wizard severs the air next to the skeletal mage’s face; with the next punch he severs the face itself!

The skeleton drops to the ground in a pile of bones!

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.41
« Reply #568 on: July 31, 2013, 06:37:34 am »

"Oh my. That certainly is a most unfortunate happenstance. A mummified saber-toothed sheep."

Run at mummified saber-toothed sheep and try to set it on fire with my own body in passing.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 12:32:14 pm by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.41
« Reply #569 on: July 31, 2013, 10:35:45 am »

Tackov sighs as he sees the sheep.  "There may be an ovinomancer nearby- they are dangerous folk.  Best be on your guard!"

Magical Typhoon Wind Blast!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 118