Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 118

Author Topic: Roll to Dungeon Quest - It's not you, it's me.  (Read 191331 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.22
« Reply #375 on: May 31, 2013, 09:35:26 am »

"I think I've had my fill of inns for the time being, so what say you we go and check out the temple?"

If the others agree, run over to the cemetery and take a look at the temple. Anything significant about it, like an indication as to its purpose? Run around the cemetery, and if by any chance ravenous undead should appear, run like hell.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 31, 2013, 10:03:57 am »

Gonna throttle that kid with his own foot when I get back there. What're we doing?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 31, 2013, 10:06:07 am »

"Works for me.  Let's check it- probably shouldn't split up in this neck of the woods.  Come on, Bukkar."

Follow along.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 31, 2013, 10:10:50 am »

Gonna throttle that kid with his own foot when I get back there. What're we doing?

"Let it go, will you? He may be a bit of a brat, but he's four years old and likely doesn't know any better at this juncture, not to mention far too strange to eliminate at this juncture. Not to mention that this kind of undermines the whole idea of saving the kid in the first place. Take out your frustrations on something more likely to possess sinister motives and an appropriately sinister level of treasure. In fact, there's a group of thugs we're tracking down right now that may be linked to that whole nonsense with the idiot kidnappers back in the basement."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 31, 2013, 10:17:35 am »

Bah. I'll buy a scroll of Transmutation and turn him into a toad! See how he feels. But for now I'm happy to take my rage out on thugs. Where to?

Follow them.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 31, 2013, 10:20:00 am »

Bah. I'll buy a scroll of Transmutation and turn him into a toad! See how he feels. But for now I'm happy to take my rage out on thugs. Where to?

"See? Now you're thinking with irony. Enemies we must dispatch with cleverness or, if necessary, force. Nuisances and highly annoying people we must manage with irony. Anyway, we're heading for the temple now, I guess."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.23
« Reply #381 on: May 31, 2013, 10:23:22 am »

Turn Twenty Three

Cast Wind Blast Defensively at the closest robber, and knock him at one of his comrades.

”GET ON THE FECKIN’ FLOOR, YER GERT EEJIT!”

”Er… wait… hang on…”

The three robbers look at Whiz expectantly.

”No?”

Taking a defensive stance, Whiz casts his recently acquired magical blast of wind at the first robber, smashing him towards the second, who sidesteps out of the way.

The first one continues to fly backwards, hitting the back wall of the bank with a sickening crack.

Wound Inflicted: Broken Head!

The two robbers both aim their crossbows at the vigilante: one bolt flies harmless part and a second lodges itself somewhere near Whiz’s shoulder.

Wound Acquired: Whiz: Pierced Chest!

If the others agree, run over to the cemetery and take a look at the temple. Anything significant about it, like an indication as to its purpose? Run around the cemetery, and if by any chance ravenous undead should appear, run like hell.

Jogging round the cemetery, nothing looks particularly significant. It’s a temple to the popular cult of Sef, but appears to have been out of use for quite some time; the cemetery is full, run down, and not always entirely upright. Glancing in through the wonky front gates as the threesome run past, there don’t seem to be any ravenous undead clawing at the metal behind them.

Action: Get some sleep and fill my HP back up. Have a plot related prophetic dream, maybe?

Zzz

There’s a humming, chanting, droning sound as Foxglove floats above the ground – is it her? She’s younger, no longer the infant that ran about around the fields and villages of her childhood, but not yet a woman. Not herself. Defencless. Weakened. She seems to be floating, but there’s a pain, a burning in her ankles, her wrists, her back…

She realises she’s not floating. She’s held. Suspended. Hanging above a dark wooden bowl, the insides dark and uneven and pulsing with magical energy that even a lay person like her – like her dreamself, indeed – can see, can feel.

The droning chant is louder, louder, louder… and shadows step forward; dark red shadows with shining hands melting into giant awful stone blades and then one shadow steps in front of the others and-

Lady Foxglove is suddenly awake, upright in bed, cold, sweating, out of breath.

”Arachanoloxapox?” she asks, feeling stupid even as she does so. ”You’re here?”

She realises her mistake immediately.

She’d seen him do some unpleasant things to others; never to her.

It wasn’t a memory.

She half-blindly searches about with her hand for a glass on the bedside table and sips a little water.

She recovers her senses enough to spit out a derisive laugh at the ridiculous clichéd candles and candlesticks the cultists in her dream seemed to think were appropriate decorations for that kind of thing.

Arachanoloxapox used to use burning hellfire, she recalls with a whimsical smile.

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 31, 2013, 10:29:38 am »

"So, no undead. Good. Let's look inside the temple."

Carefully step into the temple ruins after carefully (or, if that doesn't work, forcefully) opening the gate. Watch out for any tripwires and such. Also, try to remember if I know what Sef is.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:48:49 am by Harry Baldman »

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 31, 2013, 10:31:00 am »

Activate Gee Whiz I, shoot the two robbers who are unwounded.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 31, 2013, 10:32:31 am »

Bukkar winces at the sight of the tomb.

You guys go deactivate the traps they have in there first; last time I went in one of these I broke it and it almost broke me.
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 31, 2013, 11:45:34 am »

"With as many people as likely have been in here, I doubt any traps remain untripped."

Head in and search the place.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 31, 2013, 04:37:35 pm »

Lady Foxglove shook her head.

Arac... She thought. Lady Fox rarely called him by his full name unless she were feeling a humorous mood.

She didn't know why the dream was so vivid...and sort of cheesy. Arachanoloxapox was a modern demon, and prided himself on efficiency and results, instead of showmanship. He wore a tie to work soultaking, for the Gods sakes.

There was a moment, where she couldn't be sure if she had said his full name or not-it was just an extra syllable, really, a near intelligible sound that had no exact definition or meaning in any language. He had taught her how to say it exactly right...and of course, speaking a Demons full name could sometimes summon them...under the right conditions.

Given she didn't hear any screams, or smell any smoke, she must have omitted it. He was great guy, but he was still a Demon. Things tended to explode when he was around. Fun to hang out with, but when some rowdy Paladins try to ruin your date by cutting you and girlfriend to pieces, well-how could anybody react? Blowing up the restaurant almost seemed natural! In retrospect...all in all, Demonic spouses were not for the weak willed. Every moment was a rush, a risk, a dare. A kiss could turn into a bite, in a moments hesitancy. Playing with fire, in a most literal way. And for Demons, beings that normally existed on subjugation and terror to be tender, even loving...well, it was as dangerous to them as they were to you. So it took a certain amount of courage, for both sides. It was why she had found him so interesting...that, and his red hued skin was always pleasantly hellfire warm. So very entertaining, yes.

She remembered the little games. Fox would snub him-on purpose. He would send her something lethal, yet oddly beautiful as a gift-Demons have a wicked sense of humor, believe it or not. She would keep it, and show him how she had taken his gift without fear, because he gave it to her-then they made up. Wonderfully.

Such fun!

Too bad he had been banished. Damn Warlocks!

Warlocks were fun too, though...

Lady Foxglove was still laughing, remembering old times as she left the keep-had to find her useless teammates. Hopefully they weren't all dead yet.

Action: Try to find useless group/Join main plot.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 31, 2013, 07:18:40 pm »

...Bah, I'll go in. S'not like the pansy traps they put in these places hurt or anything.
Go in the temple.
Sig! Onol

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 02, 2013, 02:06:52 am »

...well, I managed to miss a lot of this. Hold on while I catch up, and assume Medha spent some quality time brooding on the graveyard after mooching off dinner.

"Oh! Hey guys, whatcha doing? Temple raids? Well count me in for this."

Tag along with the raiding group. Intently inspect walls and floor, and possibly get a torch from somewhere.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 02:27:25 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Dungeon Quest - Chapter 1.24
« Reply #389 on: June 03, 2013, 06:47:07 am »

Turn Twenty Four

Activate Gee Whiz I, shoot the two robbers who are unwounded.

The two bank robbers advancing on him with their crossbows raised, Whiz utters the incantation that transforms his movements into a blur.

Suddenly there is a crossbow bolt sticking out of the foot of one of the customers lying on the floor, and another sticking out of the side of one robber’s head!

Blood pours down the robber’s neck, but it doesn’t distract him from shooting back, although perhaps it does, as dashing forward he trips over a helpful customer and shoots himself straight through his arm! It looks severely mangled!

The other robber quick shoots off a quick bolt at Whiz – as it bounces harmlessly off his protected shins the two criminals throw their crossbows to the floor and draw their daggers.

…   …   …   …   …   …

Tag along with the raiding group. Intently inspect walls and floor, and possibly get a torch from somewhere.

Action: Try to find useless group/Join main plot.

Hmm, Sef... thinks Gervedder outside the temple on the other side of town. There’s no reason for me to know what it or he is, since although it is one of the more popular and generally harmless cults, it is the cult of a world entirely different from my own, yet for some reason I find myself remembering tidbits of information I must have picked up somewhere. Perhaps reading one of Uldenago’s dusty library books… Ha! That great eejit. If I remember right, Sef was the offspring of a pair of middlingly popular gods who appeared on Istria in the form of a human to tell people everything there were doing wrong – and thus how far from godliness they were. Worshippers of other gods weren’t so keen on this so they hunted him across the northern wastes and stabbed him repeatedly, whereupon he became a vast and magical pine tree. He has been quite popular ever since – evergreen, one might s- no, let’s not – particularly amongst townsdwellers, washerwomen, and those fleeing the pursuit of unrighteous and possibly mistaken vengeance… Hmm, Anyway…

He turns to his colleagues.

"So, no undead. Who’d have thought it. Good. Let's look inside the temple."

"Oh! Hey guys, whatcha doing?" suddenly interrupts Medha, breathlessly. It looks like she has been dancing in honour of their victory all afternoon, and has just sprinted across town to find them "Temple raids? Well count me in for this!"

As Gervedder finishes fiddling with the gate and decides that fiddling is a waste of time and kicks it down Lady Foxglove also turns up – decidedly less out of breath and sweaty than Medha but just as miraculously. She is not, though, unlike Medha, usefully carrying an unlit torch.

Carefully step into the temple ruins after carefully (or, if that doesn't work, forcefully) opening the gate. Watch out for any tripwires and such. Also, try to remember if I know what Sef is.

Head in and search the place.

Go in the temple.

Breaking down the gate, the fivesome stride fearlessly through the run down cluttered graveyard towards the stone temple.

They approach the door, and push it creakingly open.

It’s dark, with a typically musty air and a comfortable room temperature. It doesn’t look like it’s been used as a temple for worship for decades, but it doesn’t look entirely unfrequented either. The floor is of well-crafted flagstones and the walls smooth reinforced masonry, Medha notices.

Stumbling through the darkness, there’s a barely perceptible noise before a much more perceptible cry of arrwwhg feck fecking FECK I’M HIT! I’m hit!

Tackov starts rolling about on the ground with an arrow sticking out of his backside.

”Arwhgh! It feels kind of weird and stuff! My arse is going all numb!”

Whilst Tackov rolls on the ground Gervedder quickly pokes his head round the corner to check they are safe to attend to the wind mage’s arse wound. Through a stone archway and in the near total darkness he can barely make out a large room with a spiral of gently shining blue stones decorating the floor – the traditional decoration of temples to Sef – and what appear to be headless statues dotting the room. This must have been the main room of worship.

No one can see far enough in to make anything out with any certainty, however – nothing, that is, until a dozen seconds later, when two shuffling forms loom into the middle of the room and moan their way towards the party.

They look like rotting peasants.

Wound Acquired: Tackov Cedtry: Poisoned Buttock!

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Current Players:
Spoiler: Tackov Cedtry, Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whiz, Chink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medha Correo, Errol (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 118