Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42

Author Topic: Bombs explode during Boston Marathon- Suspect Killed, Suspect Caught  (Read 32723 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Damn. This is nasty. I checked the map, and only Werty and Robocorn live in Boston. Hope they're alright. :/

GlyphGryph lives there too, but he made the topic so I assume he's fine. I hope all those and their peoples are all right though.
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Scanner Update: Someone has video of someone fleeing the location just before the explosion, police are obtaining it. They're currently bringing bomb dogs around to a bunch of unattended bags they've found.

EDIT: Marathon Security says someone dressed in black tried to obtain access to a restricted area five minutes before the explosion and roughly turned away from them when he was denied.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

New England feels oddly more dangerous than I'm used to.

are the police going to forcefully take our garden bombs now

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile

There wasn't an explosion at JFK, just a fire that was mistakenly reported.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There wasn't an explosion at JFK, just a fire that was mistakenly reported.

It was initially said to be an unrelated fire, but now they're treating it as a related explosion.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New England feels oddly more dangerous than I'm used to.

are the police going to forcefully take our garden bombs now
I sure hope not. I worked hard to gather this fertilizer!
CIA, I was joking, please don't hunt me down.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They're currently bringing bomb dogs around to a bunch of unattended bags they've found.
Which are as likely to be bags left by nearby witnesses when they fled (if not those injured, or more, and carted away).  Still, they have to check.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Scanner Update: They just found some plastic drums on the street. Investigating.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

New York Post is reporting 12 dead, 50 injured, a suspect (Saudi national) in custody. But it's the fucking New York Post, so take that with a truckload of salt.

e: Yeah, looks like the rag is full of shit. Disregard.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:11:39 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Scanner: Boston PD's EOD and dog teams are over capacity trying to check everything.
No Gods, No Masters.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reddit thread about the event. It's a live thread, constantly updating.

Also, generally, I'd say disregard anything NYPost says. Their reports seem very sensationalist and do not match any other reports.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

MSH: No shit.

Also, did you notice some of the runners don't even turn around on the video after the explosion? Talk about concentration...

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

If I heard explosions behind me while I was running, I would keep running as well.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

According to NPR the newest figure is 3 dead, over 100 injured.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42