Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42

Author Topic: Bombs explode during Boston Marathon- Suspect Killed, Suspect Caught  (Read 32689 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Apparently there was somebody pacing on the roof that appeared to be waiting for the explosion?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It may be seen as insensitive, but my main concern right now is what new abusable powers are going to be pushed for in the renewed national security initiative that's likely to begin tomorrow.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

UNCONFIRMED: There are reports of another explosion at the TUFTS Medical Center. Fox News just reported that the medical center is being evacuated - no more info at this time.

EDIT: From the Reddit thread:
Update 52 (5:17 PM ET): From scanner, its an unattended duffel bag near a hospital. No report of an actual explosion from any verified source, or even a bomb, but EOD is on its way.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:29:41 pm by armeggedonCounselor »
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Jesus christ...
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New York Post is reporting 12 dead, 50 injured, a suspect (Saudi national) in custody. But it's the fucking New York Post, so take that with a truckload of salt.

e: Yeah, looks like the rag is full of shit. Disregard.

They're either pulling this out of their asses or they have a very, very untrustworthy source. The Boston PD has confirmed that there have been no arrests made yet.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I'm off the scanner because I need to eat, so if nobody else is on it you might want to be.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

After consulting with my mom (who is a expert on terrorism), she said it's likely it was a attack of domestic origin, due to the simplicity of the devices, the attack location, and the significance of the day it took place of (Patriot's day, Anniversary of Lexington and concord)
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Further reports of a Code Black at "the hospital" from the Reddit thread. Code Black is a bomb threat. No confirmation yet.
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Scanner Update: Someone has video of someone fleeing the location just before the explosion, police are obtaining it. They're currently bringing bomb dogs around to a bunch of unattended bags they've found.

EDIT: Marathon Security says someone dressed in black tried to obtain access to a restricted area five minutes before the explosion and roughly turned away from them when he was denied.
Came in a yellow vehicle, claimed to have medical supplies, was turned away. Police caught up to him, sniffer dogs confirmed he had no bombs.

Also, did you notice some of the runners don't even turn around on the video after the explosion? Talk about concentration...
The second explosion happened around 10 seconds away, some people claimed to have not even heard the first explosion over all the clapping.

It may be seen as insensitive, but my main concern right now is what new abusable powers are going to be pushed for in the renewed national security initiative that's likely to begin tomorrow.
Insensitive? American government gives cause for paranoia. Expect to be hearing more and more broadening of "terrorist." Domestic terrorists will be the next focus.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Just caught the tail end of a news story related.
Very sorry to hear about this...

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BPD is denying claims that they have any suspects, either in custody or detained at the hospital.

POTUS will address the nation at 6:10 EST.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

I'm off the scanner because I need to eat, so if nobody else is on it you might want to be.

I hope someone else is listening to this, because I could have sworn I heard something about Anthrax and officers being attacked, but that can't possibly be true. At the very least it sounds like they're starting to let runners head back to their hotels, so that's a big plus, I guess.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope someone else is listening to this, because I could have sworn I heard something about Anthrax and officers being attacked, but that can't possibly be true. At the very least it sounds like they're starting to let runners head back to their hotels, so that's a big plus, I guess.

I'm trying to listen to it, but it's a bit jumbled. I'm also doing other things at the same time, though. I didn't hear anything about Anthrax or officers being attacked, though.

UPDATE ON REDDIT THREAD: The original thread I posted just closed down (Reddit made it read-only because it was taking too much bandwidth.) A new thread has been posted here.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile

I'm fine. I don't live in boston, but in the area around it. This is scary shit though. Wonder who did it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Domestic terrorists will be the next focus.

Definitely, if by becoming the next focus, you mean they will no longer have to lie about what their focus has always been :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

I'm trying to listen to it, but it's a bit jumbled. I'm also doing other things at the same time, though. I didn't hear anything about Anthrax or officers being attacked, though.

It was around 20 minutes ago, though I'm definitively having troubles listening to it too so I might be mistaken. Sounds like they're investigating an empty, running van near Boston University though.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42