Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169823 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 3]
« Reply #1215 on: July 01, 2013, 08:54:20 pm »

I am exceedingly flustered... This game has plunged into madness while I was gone.

First things first. This whole evil third party business smells of bullshit. I simply cannot see the logic behind it.

Second, I think we should keep or eyes forward and focus on the main goal. We win when the scum is gone. All of *this* simply overcomplicates that simple mission. Tonight we should get rid of Shinigami King. Tomorrow, we expel Zombie Urist.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: July 01, 2013, 08:57:17 pm »

Birdy: Two claimed scum does not excuse you from content.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: July 01, 2013, 09:13:52 pm »

Birdy: Two claimed scum does not excuse you from content.

Forgive me, but I haven't exactly been around long enough to write anything substantial for you. Work and family has cut down my ability to play significantly.

But regardless of what you consider quality, I stated my opinion on what we have to do next.

Worrying about all the other crap is absolutely foolish. Why the hell are we putting so much attention on what scum has said? We cannot verify anything that they are saying to be truthful. At best, it's WIFOM. I have maintained the opinion for a long time that third-parties are not a threat, and I stand by that again now.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: July 01, 2013, 09:16:02 pm »

Birdy, are you saying that you are vanilla town then? If you are, your view will of course be much more focussed on town winning. Third party, however has a lot more to consider here.

Day, I don't know what a bussing ability is :\
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: July 01, 2013, 09:26:26 pm »

Let's look at it from Mafia's perspective.
Their almighty goal...  Make town not win.
How do they go about this?  By attempting to convince third-party roles to vote as they say.  In exchange for making Mafia win, Scum offers to no-lynch when there's equal mafia and town until all of the third-parties complete their wincon.  Obviously mafia can just break their word at the end of the game, and kill all the town players, either by lynching them or night-killing them.  This turns exceptionally easy if mafia have the power they claim, which is the ability of every mafia member to kill someone.  So when the teams are equal, BAM!  Kill all the town at night, and instantly win the game.  But the only problem with this plan is how to convince third party to trust you.  You start with offering the fulfillment of their wincon, as without this they would never help you.  But realizing that empty promises probably won't float their boat, you decided to also threaten them into submission by threatening to night kill them.  Of course you never would night kill them, seeing as they actually have no effect on your own wincon.  It would be inefficient to misuse a night kill on someone other then town.

So my main issues:
Their threats against third-party are completely empty, as it would make no sense to kill anyone BUT town.
The scumteam keeps on claiming abilities as the situation requires, and as they get more desperate.  First they claim to be able to kill lots of people at once, and now they're claiming to have redirect abilities.
There is no reason whatsoever for the scum team to hold up their end of the bargain.

Also, Shinigami's posts are starting to reek of desperation.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: July 01, 2013, 10:07:13 pm »

PFP

I'm really wondering why in the world they're coming up with the plan. And..doing that.

New loophole: They has redirecter. Who're we lynching?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: July 01, 2013, 10:09:26 pm »

ToonyMan: Are there any tie-breaker measures in this game?  For instance, if nobody died for 5 day/night cycles, would something happen to break the stalemate?
If a situation like that happens I'll probably do something.  I doubt that situation will happen.

Vote Count

(0)Griffion -
(0)Leafsnail -
(0)Captain Ford -
(0)Toaster -
(0)Tiruin -
(2)Dariush - Shinigami_King, Zombie Urist
(0)Zombie Urist -
(8)Shinigami_King - Giffion, Notquitethere, Dariush, Deathsword, Tiruin, Leafsnail, Toaster, Birdy
(0)Deathsword -
(0)Notquitethere -
(0)Birdy51 -

(1)Not Voting: Captain Ford

Day 3 will last until Wednesday 7/3 at 11 PM EST

I have to admit this is a pretty amazing vote count.  Also, TWO mafia claims in the same day, what a surprise!!

As a forward announcement I'll be away for a week starting on July 6th.  I have no idea what to do at that time if there's no internet access.  Letting another MOD substitute sounds impossible so I'll likely have to let the game run an extra week.  For that reason I would really prefer if the day ends by Wednesday so I can process the Night as soon as possible.  That way Day 4 can be run while I'm away in the worst case.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: July 01, 2013, 10:16:13 pm »

Umm... are Griffinpup and Griffionday allowed to both play at once?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: July 01, 2013, 10:17:32 pm »

Well Griffinpup was suppose to replace Griffionday for a bit, if Grffionday is free now I would probably prefer if only one played at a time.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: July 01, 2013, 10:24:47 pm »

As a forward announcement I'll be away for a week starting on July 6th.  I have no idea what to do at that time if there's no internet access.  Letting another MOD substitute sounds impossible so I'll likely have to let the game run an extra week.  For that reason I would really prefer if the day ends by Wednesday so I can process the Night as soon as possible.  That way Day 4 can be run while I'm away in the worst case.
Yus. :I

Umm... are Griffinpup and Griffionday allowed to both play at once?
"No comment on what I'm saying to you, huh?"

PPE Toony!

Shinigami_King

• Bay Watcher
  • My flavor text tastes like apples!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: July 01, 2013, 11:10:20 pm »

I'm going to take an aside for a moment and just point out a few things way less serious than what is going on.

This is (imo) the most interesting toon mafia played so far.
Toaster, I just took a look at your picture and it is the best thing ever.
Dariush. I can't believe you never responded to the damn case! WTF!

I'll post something with content tomorrow. I'm busy for the rest of the night. Yay Canada day hoot hoot hoot.
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave"
"Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey. One is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life is merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, cherished by those who bid him farewell."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: July 01, 2013, 11:17:29 pm »

I'm going to take an aside for a moment and just point out a few things way less serious than what is going on.
[...]
Dariush. I can't believe you never responded to the damn case! WTF!
...That's way less serious. Yeah.

Toaster, I just took a look at your picture and it is the best thing ever.

"So are you going to answer those questions presented to you, Shinigami-san, or shall I bash your head in with Grimoire Nier? Regardless, why did you claim anyway? Let's be civil with this.

"Ah, I forgot. You said you know who I'm protecting; that I am someone's ward. Who was that again? The tiny tidbit slipped my memory.

"Though if you knew who he is, you would've taken him out already, eh?"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: July 02, 2013, 02:47:33 am »

New loophole: They has redirecter. Who're we lynching?
Lynch redirect? That's something new. And quite overpowered. I mean, turning anyone into a semi-jester for a day? That would just hand scum the LYLO on a platter.

If anyone has a jailkeeper-like ability, right now would be a damn good time to claim. We lynch SK, Ford murdercrashes into ZU and if somehow contrary to all logic expelling bullies will lead to girls looking for sex tragically not find said sex we jail Birdy (who, in case anybody didn't notice, is the only remaining player whose alignment was hitherto unknown) each night until all third parties win.

Also, this is the second game in a row (not counting BMs) where scum have claimed. What the fuck has the meta on this subforum turned into.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: July 02, 2013, 08:32:48 am »

Sounds pretty good.  I think it would be in the interests of both town and the third parties to get the third parties to win ASAP (the third parties get to win and the town removes any lingering possibility of betrayals).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: July 02, 2013, 10:12:41 am »

Sounds pretty good.  I think it would be in the interests of both town and the third parties to get the third parties to win ASAP (the third parties get to win and the town removes any lingering possibility of betrayals).
"By lynching all bullies. I wonder how you're our class representative with that thinking.

"Because if they can't get allies, they'll just hinder us all. What's your angle there with third-party win first before town, huh?"
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 100