Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 100

Author Topic: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Game Over]  (Read 169767 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Toon Mafia VII - But I Don't Want To Re:Love! [Day 1]
« Reply #735 on: June 07, 2013, 06:45:35 pm »

"Griffpup-kun, are you honestly telling us that if you were voted for you'd let yourself be suspended from school before tying the vote? Really?"

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: June 07, 2013, 06:53:32 pm »

I would avoid a no-lynch scenario, yes.  Since I'm town, I can win regardless of whether I get suspended or not.  Weighing the choices, one of the worst things that could happen to town is a wasted day.  If I was playing bad enough to be the primary suspect, then that'd hardly change by the next day.  I would probably be lynched that day anyways.  The outcome would be me dead, and a day wasted as town.  Better to have me dead and town having another day.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 07, 2013, 06:58:59 pm »

Umm... Nope.  It was pretty obvious that you'd made up your mind about what to do.  You never said "I don't know" or "I'm not sure but..."  Your decision to vote Nerjin if it would cause you to remain alive was made in a definitive statement stating what you'd do, never asking for input.  You were scum for deciding that course of action, not because you asked for advice or were considering it.  Maybe I"m mistaken though.  Please cite the places that you ask for specific input on that decision.  Posts where you were considering actions that were as of yet undecided would be helpful too.
"Well Griff, typically a lynch is better for the town. This might not be true in this case, because I suspect everyone here has some kind of power, and the math of it might make simply buying time the best way to win, but usually lynching is the right call. I have no intention of voting for myself of course, and I'd prefer to not pull last-minute vote shenanigans to force a lynch on Nerjin. I have set a watch alarm for five minutes before day end, and my read on nerjin is weak enough that in this case I'd prefer to no-lynch instead of lynch him. if several of my seniors whose opinion I respect the most condemn this attitude then I'm willing to use my last-minute alarm to force a lynch on Nerjin instead of a no-lynch, but I feel such an action would be underhanded and dishonorable."
After being harassed for phrasing things mildly for three days, I cut it down. I was pretty clear about what I wanted in any case.
But it wasn't really a tie-break situation.  It was more of a save-your-own-skin-by-causing-a-no-lynch situation.
ToonyMan: When we visit someone else's house, do we actually stay there for the night? Or do we return to our own house to sleep?
Can we be bullied out of the neighborhood if we visit someone else at night? Are we eliminated from the game if our house is destroyed, regardless of where we were at night?
You stay for the night.  Possibly.  Yes.

Vote Count:

(1)Vecooster - Toaster
(0)Griffionday -
(0)Leafsnail -
(0)Captain Ford -
(0)Toaster -
(0)Tiruin -
(0)Dariush -
(1)Zombie Urist - Notquitethere
(0)Phantom of the Library -
(1)Shinigami_King - Griffonday
(0)RangerCado -
(1)Deathsword - Lenglon
(2)Notquitethere - Vecooster, Zombie Urist
(3)Lenglon - Leafsnail, Deathsword, Nerjin
(1)Solifuge - Dariush
(3)Nerjin - Phantom of the Library, Shinigami_King, Tiruin

Not Voting: Captain Ford, Solifuge, RangerCado

Lenglon have requested an extension.  Seven more requests are required.

Day 1 will last until Wednesday, 6/5 at 11 PM EST.
It was a tie-break that I chose to not break, and asked if I should break, and when I asked, I got called scum for asking, repeatedly, by YOU.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 07, 2013, 07:01:37 pm »

Forgot to add something.  I would definitely vote for someone that I sincerely thought was scummy, even if it tied the vote.  I would not do this right before the deadline.  This way, people have time to react and break the tie.  I wouldn't change my vote at the last second merely to stop myself from being lynched.

A few people at one point said that Lenglon looked more like a newbie then scum.  Considering that this is only my third forum Mafia game, I can't distinguish that well.  I do want to say that Lenglon has stuck to her decisions pretty hard, and never claimed that she messed up because he was new.  She did mention his seniors a few times, however.

PPE:

Just a sec, Lenglon

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 07, 2013, 07:06:59 pm »

Forgot to add something.  I would definitely vote for someone that I sincerely thought was scummy, even if it tied the vote.  I would not do this right before the deadline.  This way, people have time to react and break the tie.  I wouldn't change my vote at the last second merely to stop myself from being lynched.

A few people at one point said that Lenglon looked more like a newbie then scum.  Considering that this is only my third forum Mafia game, I can't distinguish that well.  I do want to say that Lenglon has stuck to her decisions pretty hard, and never claimed that she messed up because he was new.  She did mention his seniors a few times, however.

PPE:

Just a sec, Lenglon
that is one gender confused paragraph there.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 07, 2013, 07:20:28 pm »

Vote Count:

(1)Vecooster - Toaster
(0)Griffion -
(0)Leafsnail -
(0)Captain Ford -
(0)Toaster -
(0)Tiruin -
(0)Dariush -
(0)Shinigami_King -
(0)RangerCado -
(2)Deathsword - Tiruin, Lenglon
(4)Lenglon - Leafsnail, Deathsword, Nerjin, Griffion
(1)Solifuge - Dariush
(2)Nerjin - Phantom of the Library, Shinigami_King

(3)Not Voting: Captain Ford, Solifuge, RangerCado

Day 1 will last until Friday, 6/7 at 11 PM EST.  In other words, about 3 hours.

I would prefer if the day actually ends tonight.  I'll have Night 1 last until Monday 6/10 at 11 PM EST.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 07, 2013, 07:52:02 pm »

Umm... Nope.  It was pretty obvious that you'd made up your mind about what to do.  You never said "I don't know" or "I'm not sure but..."  Your decision to vote Nerjin if it would cause you to remain alive was made in a definitive statement stating what you'd do, never asking for input.  You were scum for deciding that course of action, not because you asked for advice or were considering it.  Maybe I"m mistaken though.  Please cite the places that you ask for specific input on that decision.  Posts where you were considering actions that were as of yet undecided would be helpful too.
"Well Griff, typically a lynch is better for the town. This might not be true in this case, because I suspect everyone here has some kind of power, and the math of it might make simply buying time the best way to win, but usually lynching is the right call. I have no intention of voting for myself of course, and I'd prefer to not pull last-minute vote shenanigans to force a lynch on Nerjin. I have set a watch alarm for five minutes before day end, and my read on nerjin is weak enough that in this case I'd prefer to no-lynch instead of lynch him. if several of my seniors whose opinion I respect the most condemn this attitude then I'm willing to use my last-minute alarm to force a lynch on Nerjin instead of a no-lynch, but I feel such an action would be underhanded and dishonorable."
After being harassed for phrasing things mildly for three days, I cut it down. I was pretty clear about what I wanted in any case.
I actually forgot about this post.  Thanks for bringing it back to my attention.  This situation never actually came up, so I pushed it into the back of my mind.  So the only example you have of asking for advice and indecision on your part is this one post?  If it is, I have to point out that this situation never actually came up.

But it wasn't really a tie-break situation.  It was more of a save-your-own-skin-by-causing-a-no-lynch situation.
ToonyMan: When we visit someone else's house, do we actually stay there for the night? Or do we return to our own house to sleep?
Can we be bullied out of the neighborhood if we visit someone else at night? Are we eliminated from the game if our house is destroyed, regardless of where we were at night?
You stay for the night.  Possibly.  Yes.

Vote Count:

(1)Vecooster - Toaster
(0)Griffionday -
(0)Leafsnail -
(0)Captain Ford -
(0)Toaster -
(0)Tiruin -
(0)Dariush -
(1)Shinigami_King - Griffonday
(0)RangerCado -
(1)Deathsword - Lenglon
(3)Lenglon - Leafsnail, Deathsword, Nerjin
(1)Solifuge - Dariush
(3)Nerjin - Phantom of the Library, Shinigami_King, Tiruin

Not Voting: Captain Ford, Solifuge, RangerCado

Lenglon have requested an extension.  Seven more requests are required.

Day 1 will last until Wednesday, 6/5 at 11 PM EST.
It was a tie-break that I chose to not break, and asked if I should break, and when I asked, I got called scum for asking, repeatedly, by YOU.
First of all, I didn't ever call you scum for asking, ONCE.  Now stop lying and start thinking.  I called you scum for your answer to MY question, not yours.  Your answers right here right here.
Spoiler: Lenglon's post (click to show/hide)
And then you following up on this statement by voting Nerjin in an attempt to no-lynch Day 1 and save yourself.
Secondly, I thought you were discussing the point in time AFTER I voted for you.  I didn't know that you guys were referring to the specific time-period between where it was a tie-tie situation.  Regardless, NQT's question is a good one, you should respond to it.  In fact, why didn't you respond to NQT?  You answered my request, and a statement of mine that wasn't even directed at you.  I'd imagine that you'd have time to answer Nerjin.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: June 07, 2013, 08:07:58 pm »

*sigh* i actually thought that my test worked. Jeez Lenglon you've dug your own grave. You've said many times you were trying for a no-lynch, then that you didn't care, and back again. Your actions have deteriorated well after last deadlines fiasco, which you should have improved from not the opposite. Your townie actions are completely destroyed by the amount of scum tells you've dropped. Vote Lenglon.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 07, 2013, 08:16:34 pm »

Cado, since you're on, respond to my questions.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 07, 2013, 08:20:04 pm »

*sigh* i actually thought that my test worked. Jeez Lenglon you've dug your own grave. You've said many times you were trying for a no-lynch, then that you didn't care, and back again. Your actions have deteriorated well after last deadlines fiasco, which you should have improved from not the opposite. Your townie actions are completely destroyed by the amount of scum tells you've dropped. Vote Lenglon.
Explain these scumtells.

This is an incredibly vague argument you're making here.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 07, 2013, 08:36:53 pm »

"But Lenglon-kun, it's not 'scummy' to vote for the other student when you're in a tie-break situation and there's a possibility they could be a bully. Would you act differently knowing what you know now?"
sorry, missed this question. yes I would. I'd have voted for Nerjin several hours before the day ended, with the explanation that I knew I was not scum, and wanted scum lynched. thanks Giff for the reminder.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 07, 2013, 08:39:24 pm »

please explain what you're talking about. You haven't listed whatever tells you've noticed, and you never even explained what your "test" was.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 07, 2013, 09:15:32 pm »

GriffyPup: The FOS was for the accusation of Role-Fishing, not disagreeing with me.

The Test: was to figure out what you would do when nearing your own lynch. The first deadline i knew would be extended, it almost always is, so nothing was found there. Nearing the second deadline though, you did rather well under the pressure. You acted townie in my eyes, no scum tells being dropped, nothing wrong with your posts that i could see, all truly townie. When the deadline was almost upon us however, you panicked. I wasn't going to use that against you, but then you started arguing about what you were or were not trying to do. First it was that you wanted to tie the vote for a no-lynch, then you wanted to vote who you thought was scummy, then you argued that a no-lynch isn't bad for the town which it always to some degree.

Your stating that a no-lynch would benefit the town more in this situation because of the possibility of town lynching a valuable role. Now although this is a general concern in any Role-heavy game, but if a player acts scummy they should be lynched instead of left as a constant worry for everyone. The way you worded that post also makes me feel like you know something the rest of us don't. I just can't shake it anymore that something isn't right here.

Going to post this now as i'm off to spend time with my family. I've probably been more vague here then in the last post but thats all i can have time for.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 07, 2013, 09:15:54 pm »

Spoiler: Lenglon Votes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nerjin Votes (click to show/hide)

Nerjin
-snip-

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 07, 2013, 09:25:03 pm »

"Well, the day is coming to a close, and I'm the probable lynch. I... I guess I'll give all the information I can before I'm gone. There's not much else I can do anymore."
"Since my silhouette, house, and gender, will all be revealed upon my lynch, I wont claim those, however I might as well claim my role."
"My role would have changed each night, for the first four nights. Each night if I stayed home I would either have gotten no power, a house-destroying nightkill, with a 50% chance of killing everyone in the house, and guaranteed to destroy the house itself, which would force the house's owner away in any case, a beacon that would redirect 20% of all people to my house if they were going anywhere, or a defensive ability that would send back home anyone that tried to visit me, and leave them stunned for the next night as well. I could not save up these abilities to use together, but if I wanted to keep a power, I could visit someone else, without using it, and save it for later. In any case, I would become powerless after night 4."
"My flavor hinted that there is some kind of love-based side objective to this game, but that I do not have a predetermined part in it, although I am not opposed to it. My flavor also characterized me as a mecha fanatic, which is why early in RVS when I was asked how I would ask someone out, I specifically mentioned Front Mission, as a slight hint to my flavor in case it tied in to someone else's role."
"I do not know of anything else regarding my role that could be useful information. I still think Deathsword-senpai is scum. I also think Vecooster-senpai is scum, but not as strongly. I do not consider anything Tirun-sama has done throughout Day 1 as a valid towntell, but have only gotten the mildest of scumtells from her either, so she is null to me. Shinigami-kun leans town to me, Ranger-kun leans buddy to Shinigami-kun to me, Griff-san leans town to me, Nerjin-senpai I am certain is town, Leafsnail-senpai I don't have a read on anymore, Solifuge-senpai leans scum to me, Dariush-senpai leans town to me, Phantom-san I dont have a read on. Zombie-senpai leans town. Toaster-senpai leans town. Ford-senpai leans town. NQT-senpai I keep almost forgetting is in the game for some reason, leans scum as a result."
"I'm glad I got to be here, and I'll miss you all."
Lenglon packs up her stuff, attempts to hug the fleeing Dariush-senpai, does hug Tiruin-sama, and heads to the door, bag in hand, hiding her wet eyes.
"Good luck"
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 100